X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VetteLS5
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Nigel
    without blower rants, singing off key or wearing denim. . .

download.jpg

Comment

• Nigel
      Roadie
      • Mar 2004

TOTO Setlist for Glasgow/May 21, 2015

1. Running Out Of Time 2. Caught in the Balance 3. Rosanna 4. Without Your Love 5. Burn 6. Holy War 7. Takin' It Back

8. Great Expectations 9. Stranger In Town 10. The Road Goes On 11. Never Enough 12. White Sister 13. Bottom Of Your Soul

14. Orphan 15. Hold The Line 16. Little Wing/Hendrix 17. On The Run/Child's Anthem 18. Pamela 19. Africa

Comment

• philouze
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

Takin' It Back.. I knew it!!!!!
        Stranger In Town, Never Enough.. Fuck yeah!!!

Grate setlist. Can't wait for the bootlegs...

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Here's the setlist in order:

1. RUNNING OUT OF TIME
          2. I'LL SUPPLY THE LOVE
          3. BURN
          4. STRANGER IN TOWN
          5. NEVER ENOUGH
          6. I WON'T HOLD YOU BACK
          7. HOLY WAR
          8. HOLD THE LINE
          9. TAKIN 'IT BACK (Steve Porcaro on lead vocals)
          10. PAMELA
          11. BOTTOM OF YOUR SOUL
          12. CAUGHT IN THE BALANCE
          13. WITHOUT YOUR LOVE
          14. ORPHAN
          15. THE ROAD GOES ON
          16. GREAT EXPECTATIONS
          17. ROSANNA
          18. ON THE RUN (1st encore)
          19. WHITE SISTER (2nd encore)
          20. AFRICA (3rd and last encore)

Killer setlist if you ask me (although I can perfectly do without Bottom Of Your Soul.. Why didn't they play China Town or Drag Him To The Roof?). But ending the show on Africa?? Lame. Why not end the gig with White Sister?
          Anyway, the bootlegs should be arriving Very Very Soon.. I'll keep you informed!!
          Last edited by philouze; 05-22-2015, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Nigel
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

The bootlegs are arriving and I now can't wait for the new DVD. They just played in Paris last night. Did you go Phil?

From the youtube vids I'm loving the addition of Lenny Castro's percussion to augment Shannon Forrest. (2 guys to replace Simon!!)

Great Expectations, Takin' It Back, Never Enough, and Caught in the Balance are highlights for me. I love the way these guys change up the songs; even the ones you've heard many times before. Great stuff.

Comment

• philouze
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

I didn't go to the Paris gig, Nigel. As a matter of fact, I won't be able to attend any gig on this tour.
              And there will be no DVD either, Luke said. Maybe for the 40th anniversary, who knows?

The first two shows (Glasgow and Dublin) were just awesome. Videos are on YT. The band was On Fire, and so was the crowd.
              Luke was quite ill when they played in Paris. He caught a bad flu, couldn't really sing (they skipped Never Enough, Bottom Of Your Soul and On The Run for that matter), he had his left eye half closed.. He was not in top notch form, to say the least.
              Besides, the band went through the motions.
              If you have to watch two shows from that first leg, go with Glasgow and Dublin.

On a side note, Paich said that they might play China Town on a future leg..

Comment

• Nigel
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

That's too bad. You seem like the kind of guy (like me) who would be cheerleader
                for the rest of the audience. Bummer about no DVD! I have to think they'll change their minds.

I was already looking forward to having the surround sound experience at home. Chinatown should be added
                and drop "I'll Supply the Love" or some of the others we've already seen on DVD.

I'm already watching Dublin and Glasgow, thanks man for the heads up.

Cheers

Nigel

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

My pleasure, mate!!!

Comment

Working...