X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
    I apologize for being self-referential here, but at about 4:41, that's the first time he sang to me.
    And that ASSHOLE had to turn the camera on HIMSELF!!!!! BASTARD!

Oh dear.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
      Head Fluffer
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
      And that ASSHOLE had to turn the camera on HIMSELF!!!!! BASTARD!
      The douchebag was just behind me and to my right, and I saw him repeatedly do that. I was SO tempted to ask him why he wanted to ruin an otherwise great video.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        I'm hit or miss on Daves rap's. I really didn't have a problem with this one. And even though it was a little long I think the band was fine with it & don't think the band cared too much. Hell Ed is leaning on the pole listening with a smile on his face for most of it. It's Dave and something he will always do.
        Same here. There were a lot of personal stories there that didn't come off as self indulgent diatribes primarily because he's genuinely sincere about the expreriences he drinks in while living an offbeat, colorful, amazingly intense life. Only downside is the breeze shootin' probably cost the crowd the knock out punch finale of Beautiful Girls and Unchained.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by nitroDave23
          Made this using the best HD clips I could find on youtube and Jim Florentine's audio,

Gotta love Dave....lol
          Nice job !! They sound really tight on Doctor. Good stuff.

Comment

• mdk1967
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

The douchebag was just behind me and to my right, and I saw him repeatedly do that. I was SO tempted to ask him why he wanted to ruin an otherwise great video.
            I know someone in the DLRArmy know him and/or his name. I just kept thinking, "Cato cameo!"

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

who knew the DLR Army had special forces?!?

great work, folks. incredible!

Comment

• bluemustard
                Veteran
                • Mar 2006

lol @ warf
                How close can ya get?Awsome!

Comment

• K-tuna
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

Oh god i saw his vids and I wanna deck this dummy. I understand being awash in the awesomeness of VH , but STOP MUGGING TO THE CAMERA!

AND his shouting/singing drowned out what we could hear of DAVE in his vids....grrrrrrrrr......

Once in a lifetime chance to be THAT close up to VH like the club years and the guy wastes/ruins some of it on shots of himself. At least he did get some good stuff in it though.
                  Last edited by K-tuna; 01-09-2012, 12:24 PM.
                  "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mdk1967
                    Nitro, Jim Florentine said he had audio of the whole show. Anymore news about that?
                    I'm listening to it right nhttp://hw.libsyn.com/p/b/e/3/be3c612...0aa1c9590f003dow!
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mdk1967
                      Great work, Nitro! I KNEW your vid was going to have some video of that crazy Asian dude! He's all over the place but shot some great footage. What program did you primarily use?
                      I realized that every video from the Cafe Wha? show has WARF or the self-filming douchebag in it. At least WARF was enjoying the show, and not attention whoring.

Comment

• AccidentalAngel
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Feb 2008

I don't think Ed had a problem with Dave calling Wolf kiddo, my first reaction was "don't do that" but in one of the video's there was a camera on Ed and he was actually laughing about it.

In all the amazing material I’ve seen they all seem really happy, especially Ed, in the 07/08 tour we've seen him laughing but it doesn’t seem the same. Maybe the difference is that back then it was an "I'm making a million dollars tonight" smile and now it seems like a genuinely happy smile. All this gives us hope for the future, maybe they will actually make it to Europe this time.

Thank you so much Sir WARF and GreenEyedMurder for living our dream for us and telling us about it.

Comment

• fifth element
                          Commando
                          • Nov 2010

I was just SO stunned when he grabbed my hand. Then, I assumed he was just going to give it a quick squeeze and then let go, but he held on. I was giggling and looking over at James (from Links, who was right next to me) and then when I turned back to Dave, he was grinning at me while still holding my hand and sort of stroking the top of it with his thumb. Now, you have to realize that *many* years ago, when I was a teenager, I had a HUGE crush on him and sometimes liked to imagine just such a moment. So, if footage of that ever shows up, I expect that I'm going to look incredibly goofy. (I also don't photograph well -- the pic with my byline is the best one of me in 40 years http://preview.tinyurl.com/747qtbg)
                          i wouldn't give it 2 seconds of thought (worry)

you were LIVING the dream of so many others.....so live it up and enjoy your moment!!!
                          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by AccidentalAngel
                            I don't think Ed had a problem with Dave calling Wolf kiddo, my first reaction was "don't do that" but in one of the video's there was a camera on Ed and he was actually laughing about it.
                            And it was obvious that Dave knew he was going on for a long time and that the guys were indulging him by letting him continue. It was all good-natured -- absolutely no tension from Dave or the Van Halen family.

In all the amazing material I’ve seen they all seem really happy, especially Ed, in the 07/08 tour we've seen him laughing but it doesn’t seem the same. Maybe the difference is that back then it was an "I'm making a million dollars tonight" smile and now it seems like a genuinely happy smile. All this gives us hope for the future, maybe they will actually make it to Europe this time.
                            The 4 of them looked like they were having a great time jamming in a small club.

Thank you so much Sir WARF and GreenEyedMurder for living our dream for us and telling us about it.
                            It was an honor and privilege to feel like I was representin' for this place.

Comment

• fifth element
                              Commando
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by bluemustard
                              lol @ warf
                              How close can ya get?Awsome!
                              just gotta LOVE it....what more can you say?
                              “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by fifth element
                                just gotta LOVE it....what more can you say?
                                Not much more but......I just keep saying it over and over and over and over!

At least judging by the 100 or so posts I have in here
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...