Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

i'll have to go local, jason day or adam scott. god i love this time of year!!!

our greens just got cored seeded and sanded, lots of people whining about it. i just remind them how spectacularly good they'll be in 6 weeks or so.

i played at a party on the w/end, our head greenkeeper was there and we had a good laugh about it.

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Im gonna say Steve Stricker...Dude plays well in majors..

Comment

• Whorehey
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Congrats to Paddy Harrington and Johnathan Byrd
        for winning the rain-shortened Par-3 Contest. And ensuring
        they will NOT be slipping a Green Jacket on this Sunday
        evening.

Yes Ash my friend, this is an awesome time of year.
        Each of us in my regular foursome host a party during The Masters.
        Playing on Saturday morning. I'm hosting on Sunday. Catering by
        Portillo's. Beef sandwiches and salads. Mrs. Whorehey and the
        little Whoreheys going to her mum's for Mass and Easter Brunch.

I asked Mrs. Whorehey to consider lifting the drinking ban...
        We'll see what happens. Sam Adams and Jack Daniels, or Mountain Dew
        and Norco. Either way I win!!!
        Last edited by Whorehey; 04-04-2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: can't fucking spell on this stupid phone
        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

excellent! i'll be up and posting at 5 am our time.

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            Im gonna say Steve Stricker...Dude plays well in majors..
            He's been battling injuries. I'm gonna go woth Rory.

The telecast has been on for five minutes now and I wish Mike Torico would just go ahead and fellate Tiger Woods and get it over with. He managed to get out four words ("At The Masters and.....") before he started blurting out Tiger's name over and over. I really wish he would double about seven holes in a row, starting now.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
              The telecast has been on for five minutes now and I wish Mike Torico would just go ahead and fellate Tiger Woods and get it over with. He managed to get out four words ("At The Masters and.....") before he started blurting out Tiger's name over and over. I really wish he would double about seven holes in a row, starting now.
              You nailed it, as the same thought was occurring to me. Hell, anyone could win this tournament, but Tirico would lead with Tiger coming in tied for sixth.

Man, the rainy conditions yesterday really softened up the greens. The leaders are carpet bombing the hell out of them, and I've never seen so many highlights in an opening round clips package before.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
                Veteran
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                You nailed it, as the same thought was occurring to me. Hell, anyone could win this tournament, but Tirico would lead with Tiger coming in tied for sixth.

Man, the rainy conditions yesterday really softened up the greens. The leaders are carpet bombing the hell out of them, and I've never seen so many highlights in an opening round clips package before.
                It's ok, Tiger is on the last hole now, maybe he will play it like Henrik Stensen did (Yikes!), the rest of the day will be relatively Tiger-free once they show his interview, his press conference, the highlights of his shower (maybe with Tirico), him getting in his car and of course following his car with a helicopter until he loses them, all while there is still golf being played by the best golfers in the world.
                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Tiger is on the last hole now
                  Fucking the last whore for the day is he?
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Man, the scoring sure took off in the later rounds. Thankfully, this moved Woods off the front page of the leader board and dropped him into a tie for 30th.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Whorehey
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Phil...You're killing me with your wayward tee shots.
                      Did Luke Donald get DQ'd?
                      'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Whorehey
                        Phil...You're killing me with your wayward tee shots.
                        Ya know who is killing me? Bubba Watson. Every time he swings that stupid looking orange driver, it's an adventure and you never know where the hell the ball is going.

Did Luke Donald get DQ'd?
                        Nah, the error really wasn't his fault.

Luke Donald avoids disqualification

ESPN

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Luke Donald avoided disqualification from the Masters on Thursday when it was determined his first-round score was improperly entered in the tournament's scoring system because a fax machine produced a smudged number.

Donald, the No. 1-ranked player in the world, shot 75 in the opening round at Augusta National, but tournament scoreboards had him for a 73 because his score was improperly read after it had been faxed to those recording the scores.

Had Donald really signed for a 73 when shooting a 75, he would have been disqualified. The error occurred at the par-4 fifth hole, where Donald three-putted for a bogey 5 and acknowledged as much after the round. But the score went down as a 3 in the scoring system because officials read it as a 3 -- not the 5 that Donald told them was written on the card.

Donald was not available for comment after the scorecard issue came to light. Augusta National officials described it as an "administrative error.''

His wife, Diane, tweeted: "Just got off the phone with Luke. NOT disqualified. Thanks goodness.''

One of the pre-tournament favorites, Donald, 34, struggled to a front-nine 38 and then managed just one birdie on the back nine. He trails leader Lee Westwood by eight strokes.

"This place ... you know if you are a little off, it can eat you up,'' said Donald, who won the Transitions Championship three weeks ago, before the scorecard problem came to light. "My preparation has been as good as it's ever been. I almost wanted to start on the weekend because I was hitting it so nicely. Maybe I peaked a couple of days early. Hopefully, I will find something on the range and go low tomorrow.''

Donald won four times around the world in 2011 and won the money titles on both the PGA Tour and European Tour.

Augusta National was involved in perhaps the game's most famous scorecard mishap. Following the 1968 Masters, Argentina's Roberto De Vicenzo was made to take a 4 on the 17th hole during the final round. He actually had made a birdie 3 at the hole, which would have been a playoff the next day with Bob Goalby.

But because De Vicenzo had signed for a higher scorer -- the 4 was mistakenly marked on his card by player Tommy Aaron -- he was required to take it. That meant missing a playoff by a stroke. If you sign for a score lower than you shot, the penalty is disqualification.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Ya know who is killing me? Bubba Watson. Every time he swings that stupid looking orange driver, it's an adventure and you never know where the hell the ball is going.
                          Ever give any thought to the notion you MIGHT be color blind? Bubba's driver is pink.

Bubba grew up right down the road from where I grew up, along with Boo Weekly and Heath Slocumb. I used to cheer for each of them anytime I got the chance. When Bubba bought the General Lee, I figured anyone who did something like that had to be an ok guy in my book, then I saw him of "Feherty" a few nights ago, now I'm not so sure about Bubba..... He seemed really unusual to me, not very easygoing. He was very quick (even interrupting a question) to point out that he would not allow ANY alcohol in his house under any circumstances, like the mere mention of alcohol upset him. That, along with his talk about religion gives me the impression that he is a closed minded, intolerant individual and if I lived next door he would think I am scum because I like a little rock n roll, mixed with a few adult beverages and some adult activities out by the pool in the summer.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                            Ever give any thought to the notion you MIGHT be color blind? Bubba's driver is pink.

Bubba grew up right down the road from where I grew up, along with Boo Weekly and Heath Slocumb. I used to cheer for each of them anytime I got the chance. When Bubba bought the General Lee, I figured anyone who did something like that had to be an ok guy in my book, then I saw him of "Feherty" a few nights ago, now I'm not so sure about Bubba..... He seemed really unusual to me, not very easygoing. He was very quick (even interrupting a question) to point out that he would not allow ANY alcohol in his house under any circumstances, like the mere mention of alcohol upset him. That, along with his talk about religion gives me the impression that he is a closed minded, intolerant individual and if I lived next door he would think I am scum because I like a little rock n roll, mixed with a few adult beverages and some adult activities out by the pool in the summer.
                            Are you being serious, it is pink? We have a tv with a fourteen inch screen here at work, that also plays DVDs. It's hard to make out much detail from across the room, but it's kinda hard eating your lunch while standing right in front of the darned thing. I'm amazed the city allowed us to even have cable, for that matter. Thanks for the head's-up.

Isn't that Feherty show terrific? I have yet to tune into it and be bored, and the guy is refreshingly, brutally honest about his own failures, his drinking and bipolar issues. Absolutely "must see" tv, right there.

But I really don't know exactly what to make of this...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Are you being serious, it is pink? We have a tv with a fourteen inch screen here at work, that also plays DVDs. It's hard to make out much detail from across the room, but it's kinda hard eating your lunch while standing right in front of the darned thing. I'm amazed the city allowed us to even have cable, for that matter. Thanks for the head's-up.

Isn't that Feherty show terrific? I have yet to tune into it and be bored, and the guy is refreshingly, brutally honest about his own failures, his drinking and bipolar issues. Absolutely "must see" tv, right there.

We all knew Bubba Watson liked the color pink. He has had six-figure cars accented with the color, used a pink-shafted driver for years, and filled in just about any part of his wedges with the bright hue. But how … Continue reading →

I enjoy Feherty most of the time, he gets the people I want to find out more about that you won't see anywhere else. His interviewing skills are getting better, he's not interrupting people as much this season, letting the show be about them and not him, all that remains now is to tone down the emphasis on his scrotum.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Too cool, Freddy Couples' name is at the top of the leader board!

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...