OH FFS: Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely (With BOTH Singers ?!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

ok market research done.

vh with wolf and dave = sell out multiple arenas.

vh with the spam included = nobody shows up; even at the rooty hill rsl club. (except the old ladies who play bingo, and buy meat raffle tickets)

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Take this with a HUGE grain of salt.....

Personally, I think this is absolutely horseshit, but whatever....

This might just be the one – Van Halen‘s much mooted (and now long overdue) Australian tour now has a good chance of happening in the middle of this year. Triple M reporter and Herald Sun journalist Nui Te Koha believes a local promoter is chasing the 70s rock icons for a tour to fit […]

Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely
      Written by Kiel Egging on 30th January, 2013

This might just be the one – Van Halen‘s much mooted (and now long overdue) Australian tour now has a good chance of happening in the middle of this year. Triple M reporter and Herald Sun journalist Nui Te Koha believes a local promoter is chasing the 70s rock icons for a tour to fit in around dates they have booked in Japan from May onwards.

“They’ve got some dates in Japan in May, June, July and I know that one promoter is chasing this tour. It’s pretty firm at this stage,” he said.

Van Halen were originally going to play dates in Japan in November last year, but had to cancel the shows after Eddie Van Halen had to undergo colon surgery. According to the Van Halen News Desk, they’ll be playing rescheduled shows on 21st June in Tokyo and the 24th and 26th June in Osaka.

So early June or early July would probably be the best bet for an Australian visit, based on those dates.

Rumours are also flying that the tour will feature both of the band’s frontmen from across their lengthy career – David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. Hagar replaced David Lee Roth as vocalist in 1985, before parting ways with the band in 1996. Hagar then rejoined the group for two years in 2003 to tour a best-of record.

Van Halen fans have put up with an agonising wait to get the band firmly on our shores for some shows. They were originally scheduled to headline the ill-fated Soundwave Revolution festival in 2011, before AJ Maddah cancelled the whole festival. The band were very close to coming last year, but cancelled on a local promoter just as the tour was getting finalised.

Stick with Music Feeds to see whether this year will finally, finally be Australia’s turn.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Rumours are also flying that the tour will feature both of the band’s frontmen from across their lengthy career – David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. Hagar replaced David Lee Roth as vocalist in 1985, before parting ways with the band in 1996. Hagar then rejoined the group for two years in 2003 to tour a best-of record.
        Where exactly are these "rumors" flying?.Anyone here heard that once?.I would have thought if this was anything other than made up bullshit someone here would have heard something about it
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
          Where exactly are these "rumors" flying?.
          Out of a promoter's ass...

Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I don't know about that. Hearing Sam is on the bill would probably scare most people away. The only people that would be attracted to Sam would be the same people who go to see Richard Simmons weight loss/inspirational speaking seminars.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              I don't know about that. Hearing Sam is on the bill would probably scare most people away. The only people that would be attracted to Sam would be the same people who go to see Richard Simmons weight loss/inspirational speaking seminars.
              I call bullshit......

Look, poll every CVH/DLR site on the planet, YES 99.94% will say FUCK NO I aint going....

But that's like when MSNBC or FAUX NOIZE does a poll, they're preaching to the choir....

Fact of the matter is, as much as WE hate to hear it, but the majority of the people shelling out the money for a show like this frankly aren't as RELIGIOUS about who is singing as we are....especially outside of the US.

Market it as Hey, You get to hear ALL of the hits, AND see the original lineup for a set.....and people by and large will flock.

Don't shoot the messenger.....I'm right.

WE may despise the notion, but we're less than 0.0000095% of the people that would attend this tour.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

You just pretty much explained why the world has turned to shit.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

You just pretty much explained why the world has turned to shit.
                  Riiiight......

Global warming, genocide, corrupt banking systems, over-population......

It's a classic rock tour that will fuck the place up.......

:facepalm:

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

If you want to thin the population play When Love Comes Walking In on loudspeakers in every major city around the world and believe me, a good percentage of the people will drop dead. If you want to fix global warming kill Sam. His mouth is where all the hot air is coming from.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

If you want to thin the population play When Love Comes Walking In on loudspeakers in every major city in the world and believe me, a good percentage of the people will drop dead.
                      Tell that to Clearchannel.....

I hate the shit too.....but me and 50 of my online DLR poster buddies boycotting a tour with Spambo on it scares the promoters exactly not in the least....

Comment

• Grant
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2005

“They’ve got some dates in Japan in May, June, July and I know that one promoter is chasing this tour. It’s pretty firm at this stage,” he said.
                        Yes, chase. Chase, by all means...

Wile-E-Coyote.jpg

Comment

• Grant
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2005

...and please leave the Hagaris Horribilis where he belongs, I think we Aussies have suffered enough. Thank you!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

"Michael Anthony of Van Halen..." nope darling...chickenshit it is...and the answer at 1:22 is standard for "we're sitting on our asses because nobody gives a fuck about us and we don't have a clue what we could do next"
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Grant
                              ...and please leave the Hagaris Horribilis where he belongs, I think we Aussies have suffered enough. Thank you!
                              Sure, but first take back Russell Crowe and that damn Outback Steakhouse chain....

Oh, and AC/DC really belongs to us, ya know.....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

The Outback Steakhouse has about as much to do with Australia as The Olive Garden does with Italy. It's a theme restaurant operated out of Florida.

Comment

Working...