Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

as much a fan I am, I came to realize during the 1984 tour that all VH is interested in is MONEY$$. Nothing wrong with that btw....... If ever the HAGAR ERA IS EVEN CUNTSIDERED ...........VH SHOULD PULL THE FUCKING PLUG already! thank you good night!
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
      Maybe you would appreciate what is or is not in this bands future, if you read what it actually took for them to make it to where they did. I don't give one fuck if you buy Greg's book. Obviously you think you know it all anyway.

I hope you are as joyful with their future, as I am their past. I don't give one fuck about their future. There is not one thing they could possibly do in the future, that would live up to their past, other than release an old live show on video. That's it. Anything else will be sub par. A shell of what once was. "Oooh, hey, I'm only interested in their future. But I want to go see live show after live show of them only performing from their past". Fucking hypocrite.
      You have some serious reading comprehension problems.

You don't care about anything but the past, but you don't think I shouldn't comment here because you think I don't support the band. You think living in the past is supporting the band? Yeah, I'm the hypocrite. I guess no one should comment unless they agree with you about everything.

You're right...I shouldn't comment. I should have never come back here. Thanks for making that clear.
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        I guess no one should comment unless they agree with you about everything.

You're right...I shouldn't comment. I should have never come back here. Thanks for making that clear.
        Excellent idea NG! Only those that agree with me, comment!

No, you should have come back. You just shouldn't have been so bitchy about it!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I saw Vic play live on the Sam and Dave tour. They guy that Dave hired was good but he played like he was in Marky Mark's band in Rockstar. It was quite obvious he played in a Van Halen cover band. At least Vic improvised and changed things up a little. I left that show thinking it was all over for Dave but he sounded much better on the Strummin' album. If Sam opened that night things might have been much different but unfortunately it was Sammy's turn to close. The only solo Dave song Dave did was Yankee Rose. Sam did Van Hagar and solo stuff with a little Montrose and HSAS thrown in. I wonder if Dave's behavior on that tour had anything to do with Ed hiring Sammy back for a tour instead of Dave in 2004.
          I couldn't agree less...

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Cheese this, Velveeta that, Ed cringes when he hears the Van Hagar songs...you guys are delusional. The only thing Ed and his brother care about are dollar signs. And if they think they can get paid touring with Sam...you can bet your ass you'll be seeing this on the next tour...

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

You love that walk
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I couldn't agree less...
                How can you voice an opinion of a show you didn't even attend?
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Has any speculated about a tour with Sam and Dave? It could happen. If it meant a total CVH reunion for half a show would anyone be interested? They could call it the bury the hatchett tour.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I was at the Tampa show 3rd row, Vic was shit, Hagar was an annoying prick and we walked out early.

Were you on his little onstage grandstand of fatties?

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I was at the Tampa show 3rd row, Vic was shit, Hagar was an annoying prick and we walked out early.

Were you on his little onstage grandstand of fatties?
                      That wasn't the same show. I saw them in Cali close to Sammy's home town. Maybe they tried a little harder that night. No I wasn't on stage but if it meant free tequila I would have gone for it.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        Has any speculated about a tour with Sam and Dave? It could happen. If it meant a total CVH reunion for half a show would anyone be interested? They could call it the bury the hatchett tour.

Yup, as I said, NOTHING out of the realm of possibility with these fuckin' guys....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Dave would cut his balls off first , though I said the same about the Dave Sam tour
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            Dave would cut his balls off first , though I said the same about the Dave Sam tour
                            He'd have to get them back from Ed first.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              No, you should have come back. You just shouldn't have been so bitchy about it!
                              I just read the 25 posts I've made since I came back a couple weeks ago, and I don't see anything bitchy. In fact, I was quite charming.

This again is why I don't want the book:

I'm sure it's great, but I don't care beyond the music anymore.

Since '78, I was Van Halen obsessed. I had to have everything I could get my hands on. I had everything VH you could buy plus a trunk full of 5 inch thick scrapbooks full of every magazine article and picture I collected for years.
                              But a few years back I'm happy to say I was able to let it all go...so I gave it all away...hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. (Zing! got the last of it last summer.) I still have all the music and kept a boot from each tour. I kept a little paperback of Dave's book and two of the original VH necklaces. I'm not interested in anything else and couldn't be happier about that.

You probably don't get that, but you don't have to.
                              And here's what I said about the future:

Too bad they didn't come to MN. I would have gone to see them one last time.

Oh well...whatever they do is up to them. If I can get behind it, I will. If not, that's fine too. (Couldn't get behind that live album.)

I don't need to know everything about their struggle to appreciate how amazing they were. I lived it from '78 on.

Getting the VH monkey off my back is a good thing. It's a healthy thing. And it's just my thing. You all can obsess until your heart's content. I can't do it anymore.

And if they can't do it anymore, I'm OK with that too. I'll always have the music and that's all that matters to ME; but that doesn't mean I don't have anything to say anymore. I'll just say it somewhere else from now on.
                              Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Nah, NG, don't go anywhere. If you leave then we'll be down to like 12 regulars and the only chicks will be Kristy who's on a weed moratorium and is extra cranky and a crazed Canadian actress who moonlights as a Vacuum Wielding Superhero!

Comment

Working...