X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    I'd suspect the expiration date on many of those non-disclosure agreements are long past and not worth the bar napkin they were written on...
    Next time you run into one of Dave's former employees, maybe you should ask them about an expiration date, and if it's worth testing whether or not they're "worth the bar napkin they were written on".

Keep in mind, when I say "employees", I'm not just talking about the guy that carries his luggage or teaches him Japanese. Do you believe Vai was an employee? Do you believe Sheehan was an employee? Do you believe every band member Dave has had since 1985 was an employee?

I'm betting you won't get anything remotely controversial, or anything Dave wouldn't say himself, on the record, out of a one of them.

It amazes me that after all these years, people still think Dave has never dotted all his i's, and crossed all his t's.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I believe the legal relationships and contractual agreements within the constructs of the LLC's written among the artists/musicians that worked "with" Dave... not sure if Vai & Sheehan's deals were working "for" Dave... but those are real and most likely don't expire. Although I don't know what exactly we're talking in terms of content regarding non-disclosure. After Dave's 1st solo venture... I'd believe it's was working "for" Dave, though.

Frankly I'm not sure I understand what all the secrecy matters beyond gossip crap and disclosure of substance abuse activities that falls under all this dotting of "i's" and crossed "t's"... We're talking a whacked out rock musician... not the leader of the free world here.

But more to the point... I don't see where any legal ramifications would exist if someone associated with Van Halen from 1978 - 1985 were to confirm the whereabouts and condition of any archival material.

That was my point... not adding another stupid pedestal of black-hat secrecy to worship Dave's superior business minded balls as Von does...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        I believe the legal relationships and contractual agreements within the constructs of the LLC's written among the artists/musicians that worked "with" Dave... not sure if Vai & Sheehan's deals were working "for" Dave... but those are real and most likely don't expire. Although I don't know what exactly we're talking in terms of content regarding non-disclosure. After Dave's 1st solo venture... I'd believe it's was working "for" Dave, though.

Frankly I'm not sure I understand what all the secrecy matters beyond gossip crap and disclosure of substance abuse activities that falls under all this dotting of "i's" and crossed "t's"... We're talking a whacked out rock musician... not the leader of the free world here.

But more to the point... I don't see where any legal ramifications would exist if someone associated with Van Halen from 1978 - 1985 were to confirm the whereabouts and condition of any archival material.

That was my point... not adding another stupid pedestal of black-hat secrecy to worship Dave's superior business minded balls as Von does...
        Well Zah, feel free to try to get any of them to say anything of relevance, about Dave, his business, or his personal life. Give Angelus a call. Or Big Ed. Or, if you want the answer to "with" or "for", give Vai or Sheehan a call.

You might be surprised at what the ramifications might be for someone previously employed by this band, or factions of it, if they were to talk about vaulted material, or whatever. Sure doesn't seem anyone ever associated with them, is willing to take that chance.

If this weren't the case, I'd be posting the pictures I've personally seen of Van Halen performing outdoors at the Bay City High School in Bay City, Michigan. These pics need to be seen by the fans. They are fucking amazing. But, I don't know they ever will be. Fear is keeping me from getting them posted on this site. Fear of the mighty Van Halen, that goes back to before they blew Black Sabbath off the stage.

Now, feel free to resume worshipping my balls, Zah.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Worship your own balls, ya old fuck!!

I can only imagine as I doubt I'll ever have an opportunity to ask any of those guys anything... the mountains of unremarkable information that they won't disclose.

But it does make me wonder... why all the sworn secrecy? Personal stuff makes sense... what was recorded and who's sitting on it, not so much.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...