Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Watching that VMA segment still makes me piss my pants with hate...

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      You probably shouldn't watch it if you have company over
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        You probably shouldn't watch it if you have company over
        Why? Then I have a good excuse for the massive wet spot...

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I've read all of the KISS autobiographies, I would lean more towards financial reasons why Peter didn't stay....

Pretty sure Gene/Paul told Ace/Peter that if they were to continue that they would have to agree to be 'employees', like Singer/Thayer are now, and thus not getting an equal share of the $$$$.....

I agree, though, in Peter's playing ability.... It was obvious on the reunion tour in '96 he was just going through the motions....
            From the get-go with the reunion in 1996, the profit split for the band was 70% to Stanley/Simmons, with Ace getting 20% and Criss getting 10%.

Criss wanted to renegotiate his contract with the band (which was renewed yearly) in 2000 and get paid more. The band balked, so Criss 'quit' and Eric Singer ended up performing for a string of dates that year. Criss came back, and a couple of years later Frehley, by his own decision, left the band (basically stating publicly that a 6-year reunion/'farewell' tour was more than enough for him). Stanley ended up canning Criss in 2004. The last tour Criss did with the band saw Tommy Thayer earning more per show than Criss was.

Criss WAS basically an 'employee' for his entire tenure with the band from 1996 to 2003. A well-paid one (for all of Peter's complaints, even he readily admits that even though the share of the profits he got was less than that of Stanley and Simmons, he made WAY more money than he ever would have otherwise), but Criss basically did what he was told to.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              Reasonable people know that Chriss/Frehley is no option anymore...but we're talking about FANS here...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G850F mit Tapatalk
              Well, yeah, that's the thing.

I mean, shit, some people still think if Mike Anthony rejoins Van Halen FINALLY the missing piece will be there and it will be 1981 all over again. Any chance of that happening evaporated 20 years ago. What difference does it matter now if Anthony is there: Dave's voice is still gonna be fucked regardless.

As a huge fan of the original lineup in the 1970s, yeah, it would have been neat if the original lineup had played a couple of tunes at the HOF. I could even see the original lineup recording some new music (not to say it would necessarily stack up to the 1970s output, but they could still physically do it). The idea of the original lineup putting on the makeup now and doing a massive tour is a non-starter: Paul Stanley can barely get through shows these days without his voice giving out. Peter Criss can't physically get through a 90 minute show anymore.

I mean, it's done. But I suppose for some as long as the original members are all still alive anything is possible, however removed the reality would be from the fantasy.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...