X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metalonmetal
    Full On Cocktard
    • Sep 2004

st. louis show info

i know they played st. louis back in july but i was talking to a guy today who saw the show (ist night) and said they were horrible. said sammy couldn't sing and eddie was trashed and could barely play and the crowd tried to get into it but never really did. i have seen many reviews of many other cities and just thought i would pass on the fact that st. louis was consistent with most of the tour, lots of empty seats, sammy sucking and eddie being too drunk to play a good show. i trashed the guy for going but he said he won the tickets so it was a free show but he was still pissed because he had to pay for parking and gas for a 70 mile trip.
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Not true

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
      Not true
      ?

So what then? If metalonmetals friend didn't like the concert and said that it sucked (his opinion) it's WRONG? According to whom, exactly? You? Were you there? If so, then what you have is a different opinion. If not, then you don't know nothing about it and your comments are not required.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Not true
        Dude, no offence, but aren't you the guy that said the recent
        Van Hagar version of RWTD was good and EVH is right on the
        money ???

If that wasnt you, I apoligize, we had some idiot saying how
        great that was yet Ed was hitting more bum notes than Ive
        ever heard him play. (Apart from the recent Unchained attempt)

If that was you, then I tend to believe the above review......
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• metalonmetal
          Full On Cocktard
          • Sep 2004

was you at the show in st. louis?. that was this guys opinion of the st. louis show and the guy thought it sucked. if i was going to make up something about a st. louis show it would have been right after the concert and not 2 months later. today i am going on a road trip and when i go any long road trip i always take my best of david lee roth with me and i will be rocking. i can't wait till roth comes back to st. louis. keep telling yourself that van halen with hagar sounds good and eventually you will convince yourself but you won't convince anybody else on here.

Comment

• EbDawson
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

Not true
            So you're saying the trip was only 60 miles or that parking was free?
            "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• metalonmetal
              Full On Cocktard
              • Sep 2004

he drove 80 miles to see the show, parking wasn't free, but the sight of seeing sammy and eddie embarrass and make fools of themselves priceless.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

download the dvd of that show and see for yourself. And when i first saw and heard the RWTD clip i really was mostly looking at how Spammy was makimg a ass of himself, not really listening to the song. I tried to go back and find it again but it was removed. So thats when i wanted to get a broader picture of the way the band was playing these days. Now hear me out, i would rather take a ass woopin from a bunch of midgets than have to see Sammy in with this band, on the other hand, i wanted to see if Ed and the boys still could deliver the goods live, so i downloaded the St. Louis show , and i tell you with all due respect to everyone here, ED, AL and mike can still bring it like they used to. Don't get me wrong, everyone is going to have a differant take on this situation, i could line up 10 people in a row after they saw the concert the next day and get 10 differant answers. Now i have only seen VH 3 times ever, 84, 86, and 92, and without a doubt the St. Louis show as far as the band is concerned, Ed, AL and mike played almost as tight as the 84 show. Was it a better show in my opinion than the two times i seen them with Sammy, yes, could it even compare to the 84 show NO. Nothing now even can come close to the origional halen live back then. Can those dudes still play, yes. Just because Hagar is in the band right now, doesn't diminish the way these guys play. Look, just download the fucking show and see for yourself, Don't take the word from someone else. Eveyone hear associates that just because Spammy is in the band these guys can't play anymore. That is fucking stupid. i'm just like everyone else here, i hate the current singer in this band. Are these guys rich assholes, yes they are, they are very rich and spoiled people trhat can do any thing they want to. but the situation about their playing is wrong. Look. i hate fucking Sammy, but it's not like if dave was back he would sprinkle some magic dust and then they would know how to play again. I love Dave, but everyone here needs to crawl out of his ass. I know that Dave named the band and he was the buisness guru of it also, and he came up with te melodies and all, but he was not Vh by himself. I seen VH live, I seen old video boots and i'm here to tell you that i don't hear the differance, from the St. Louis show to say the US festival, on the way these guys are playing. Now, i'm talking about the classic stuff only. Yes Ed has started to use a little to many effects for my taste, and the dudes are not in their 20's anymore but, it sounds the same to me. And no the whole production of the show isn't on the same grand scale as it was, and you have to sit through the Sammy material, but the cats still can deliver the goods live.

Comment

• BigDaddyD
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

where is this magical download?

Comment

• metalonmetal
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Sep 2004

dude you need to face fact. the st. louis show is consistent with all the reviews i have seen where there is no chemistry and eddie is not up to par. they are playing champaign, il tomorrow night (2 hours away) and they have stooped to giving away free tickets in the free entertainment magazine that comes out. people were calling in today trashing van hagar onthe big rock station in town and joking about eddie's hip replacement and calling them senior citizens and shit and this one poor sucker was trying to sell his tickets and last i heard he still had not unloaded them so they gave out his personal phone number on the radio if anyone was interested. i will try to get a good review of this show because a girl i work with dates a guy on the morning show at the station and he should have free tickets but i doubt if he goes but i am sure the callers on thursday will voice there opinion. wedenesday or thursday i will report back. roth will be here soon, but not soon enough.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

people people, i never said it was a magical download or the best thing next to slice bread. All i was trying to convey is that what i saw and heard in the St. Loius show , as far as the band, once again ED,AL and mike, is that they were playing their asses off. You can find the dvd at the VH links in their download section. It is in a bittorrent file and will take forever to download, it did for me. Once again, don't believe everything you read.

Comment

• metalonmetal
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Sep 2004

you seem to be trying awfully hard to convince the people that van hagar has some merit and to basically call me a liar really pisses me off dude. why don't you take your van hagar loving ass over to the sammy site or one of the van halen sites and tell them how great they are doing. no offense to you dude but you ain't never gonna convince us roth van halen fans that they are anything but shit and if you like that shit more power to you but get the fuck out of here. around here we like kick ass rock n roll ala dlr era van halen and we don't take kindly to pussies telling us how great that elevator music van hagar is. either grow some balls and quit listening to pussy music and for god sakes quit sucking eddie and the boys dicks. what a pansy.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Dude, check out my avator and my status here. I can't stand Van Hagar and by you assuming that i do, means you don't know jack. I'm not impliying, or trying to convince anyone that Van Hagar has merit, especially my Classic VH brothern here at the army. So take your comment's and jack them in your ass. I will never go see a live Vh show until Dave is back in the band, and i wanted to see for myself if The boys could still play, after hearing all the other opinions, thats all. I would never call another army commrad a liar. You just said that you talked to someone you knew and he said that the concert sucked and that all this stuff was happening with Ed. I watched the show and didn't see any of those things, so i wanted to say that you can't believe everything you read and hear, that was all. And as far calling me a pussy, you batter check that shit at the door, until you find some sheep and linkers here that fits that profile.

Comment

• lms2

okay, so your point again?

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Dude, check out my avator and my status here. I can't stand Van Hagar and by you assuming that i do, means you don't know jack. I'm not impliying, or trying to convince anyone that Van Hagar has merit, especially my Classic VH brothern here at the army.
                              Bro, you've been working the "The boys still have it" angle for a while now. If you dig it, great. But you could tone down the "EVH is GOD" rhetoric a notch. I've heard enough, and seen enough to know that it just ain't so.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

Working...