X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • light 'em up!
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

Dave on Aerosmith

I was channel surfing yesterday and caught Dave on VH1 for a few brief shining seconds. He looked great! Did anyone else catch it?

"There are two things in this world that simply refuse to go away... cockroaches and Aerosmith"

S.Tyler and J.Perry have dissed Dave plenty in the past, so it was a good laugh.
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Would Aerosmith survive a nuclear explosion ??
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• degüello
      Sniper
      • Mar 2004

"There are two things in this world that simply refuse to go away... cockroaches and Aerosmith"
      Classic!
      "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Switch84
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

LMAO!

Yeah, I saw that a couple of months back (July). It was VH1's "I Love the 90s" series. He also ducked and yelled, 'Look out! POWER BALLAD!' when a clip of Aeorsmith singing a track from "Armaggedon".

He also sang a little bit of a Garth Brooks' song, too (when VH1 waxed poetic about the rise of Brooks in the 90s.)

So far I've seen Davy Baby on all of VH1's decade series ("I Love the" 70s, 80s, and 90s.)

That channel repeats alot, so you'll be able to catch most of them.
        Last edited by Switch84; 09-27-2004, 03:42 PM.
        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Wayne L.

Since Dave was once a member of Van Halen who were 70's rivals of Aerosmith I take what he said as a little ego kickin myself.

Comment

• scottydabodi
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

I saw it last week... Dave is fuckin' HYSTERICAL on the show... I've seen him on other shows, much to the same effect.
            If you listen to fools
            The Mob Rules

Comment

• tobinentinc
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2004

The great thing is, I completely agree with him. Van Halen completely kicks Aerosmith's ass. Dave is a better frontman, Eddie a better guitarist. Aerosmith is overrated, because they sold out and brought in other people to write thier songs. Bullshit.
              http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Yeha i have caught him plenty of times on those shows, he also appeared on best week ever sayin sumthin bout the van hagar reuinion if i recall he said "van halen gettin back with sam hagar is like a really pretty girl with bad teeth" or sumthin like that

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by tobinentinc
                  The great thing is, I completely agree with him. Van Halen completely kicks Aerosmith's ass. Dave is a better frontman, Eddie a better guitarist. Aerosmith is overrated, because they sold out and brought in other people to write thier songs. Bullshit.
                  True. Amazing, as they started out as a cover band doing Aerosmiths material, that VH ended up being the better band.

Betcha thats gotta suck for Aerosmith, lol
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• badhorsie

Never cared for Aerosmith.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by badhorsie
                      Never cared for Aerosmith.
                      Rightly so. In fact, I believe there are Aerosmith quotes out there saying to the effect that "The only reason Van Halen was so succesful in the 80s was because we dropped the ball and split up...if we hadn't, the world never would have heard of them." I believe that was Steven Tyler.

To which I give a resounding:

Steven Tyler
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Re: Dave on Aerosmith

Originally posted by light 'em up! but said by David Lee Roth
                        I
                        Actually, there are 3 things in this world that simply refuse to go away..

cockroaches, Aerosmith and Keith Richards; and yes, Cockroaches and Richards WOULD survive a nuclear explosion. Not too sure about Aerosmith though..
                        http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Steven Tylers lips are too big of a target to miss
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

About the last album worth a damn from Aerosmith was Rock In A Hard Place (which Tyler considers one of their worst). Pretty much the only stuff I care to listen to was recorded pre-1985, and most of that has been totally overplayed on the radio.

Think Pump was a great album from start to finish, but that's about it as far as post-1985 stuff goes. Couple of songs here and there I dig, but they jumped on the Desmond Childs bandwagon and started putting out shit like Angel.

Too many of these aging geezers whose careers were dying in the mid 1980s saw the success of Slippery When Wet and tried to emulate that. not realizing that Bon Jovi (regardless of how many records they sold) was pussy rock, and once you fritter away your hardcore fan-base for power-ballads and easy money, your credibility and integrity aren't as easy to regenerate as your revenue is (just ask KISS and Van Hagar, to name two).

Plus, am just bored beyond belief with every interview Aerosmith has done since they cleaned up, where Perry and Tyler keep reminding us that they were bad asses because they used to do coke and smack, and lost all the money they made in the 1970s due to the fact that they were junkies and made bad choices. Comes off like they want some cred for being cool because they shot dope once upon a time, while concurrently lecturing against doing it.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VHII
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Oct 2004

grrrrr

Comment

Working...