X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimmytheWurm
    Full On Cocktard
    • Oct 2004

The Two Party System is a joke

Is it just me or does a two party system not make sense in a land where everyone is FREE?

The most hated proffession in the country is a toss up between politicians and lawyers and yet we are forced to put a politician in a position to make laws to govern the rest of us. Does anyone see this as a contradiction in this country?

We have two presidential candidates fighting over who is WORSE for the country. Shouldn't they elaborate more on what good they can do for us? Both of them make good points as to why the other is incompetent and yet, those are the choices for Americans living in the land of the Free?

If you are making dinner for your family and all you have is shit to work with, doesn't that mean that you will all be eating a nice fat shit sandwich?

We help pay for their campaigns too, through various mediums our money ends up in their pockets. Why can't taxes go to pay for a candidate from each state running at the very least? Maybe even someone more common who we might be able to trust in office?
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Re: The Two Party System is a joke

Originally posted by JimmytheWurm
    Is it just me or does a two party system not make sense in a land where everyone is FREE?

The most hated proffession in the country is a toss up between politicians and lawyers and yet we are forced to put a politician in a position to make laws to govern the rest of us. Does anyone see this as a contradiction in this country?

We help pay for their campaigns too, through various mediums our money ends up in their pockets. Why can't taxes go to pay for a candidate from each state running at the very least? Maybe even someone more common who we might be able to trust in office?
    Because the people who could enact such changes are in charge and they are lawyer politicians.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

And your doing exactly what about it?

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

right now not much.
        gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I meant Jimmy, but you two OD.

THe VOTE is the only thing that can change it. Why people don't want to hear it, I don't know...

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
            Full On Cocktard
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
            I meant Jimmy, but you two OD.

THe VOTE is the only thing that can change it. Why people don't want to hear it, I don't know...
            That is not true, the vote is what keeps it the same. The fact that the whole nation has given up on seeing a likable and truly honest candidate on the ballot leads people to get in line and vote to make a difference. But we aren't voting to change our system.

Because we just play follow the leader with these scumbag politicians, they think that what they are doing is ok or at least that the rest of the world is too dumb to ever stand up and say..."Give us a real choice."

Why is is that since Washington, Lincoln, and Jefferson that we haven't had a president who we could look to as a father figure for our nation?

In this country, we no longer discriminate according to what a person looks like, their gender, or what they believe, it is all up to the size of the person's wallet these day.

To a lesser extent, we are like the palestinians, in a land where 5% of the people control 95% of the money.

The only thing you do by voting for one of two people you don't like in the election is give politicians comfort in knowing that the American people will continue to play their game.

If republicans and democrats opened up a restaurant, it would go something like this...

Two waiters would approach your table let's call them George and John. John would accuse George of not washing his hands when he uses the bathroom, but George would say that John is new and probably would take longer to serve you and your food would get cold.

"Well what can I get to eat from either of you?" you might ask.

John, "I serve you beef and rice."

George, "I serve beef and noodles."

You, "But I am a vegetarian."

The waiters..."Sorry sir, but it is a two-meal system and whether you like it or not, one of us is going to serve you beef. You can either have cold beef and rice from John or you can have unsanitary beef and noodles from George...what'll it be?"

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Jimmy if you don't want to vote for a third party candidate because you have "given up" then don't bitch about the two party system. It is that exact apathy that keeps things the way they are.

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
                Full On Cocktard
                • Oct 2004

Change, its what we need...

The reason things stay the way they are is because nobody thinks that they can make a difference anymore, so nobody speaks up. All I am saying is that we need someone to stand up and deliver a new system that gives more power back to the American people and stops allowing the beaurocrats to choose the two people who we have to choose between. It makes no sense, why not just let the politicians elect whoever they want to elect? Because they give us a choice that provides the illusion of control over our government when it is really the other way around.

I am not apathetic, I beleive that this is an issue that needs to be debated and brought up for discussion rather than swept under the rug with the explanation of "that's the way it is." Anyone who is scared of change hides behind that line and it shouldn't be that way.

Someone who truly cares for this country needs to stand up and speak for the good of America, and not for political gain.

Comment

• McCarrens
                  Foot Soldier
                  • May 2004

Take it from me, a journalist is pretty damned close to being one of th emost hated professions.
                  "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by McCarrens
                    Take it from me, a journalist is pretty damned close to being one of th emost hated professions.
                    Well you have a point there, but journalists don't have an immediate impact on how I live my life. They also aren't going to smile to my face while my taxes pay for their vacations and extravagent life style.

Comment

• McCarrens
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2004

True, true...I guess.
                      "The security around the hotel was ridiculous. This chick was pounding and screaming at my door until four or five in the morning....finally I said fuck it, and let her out of the room"

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Journalists used to be respected, when they did their fucking jobs. Not very common in this country anymore, unfortunately.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Journalists used to be respected, when they did their fucking jobs. Not very common in this country anymore, unfortunately.

Where is Thomas Paine when you need him?

Comment

• McCarrens
                            Foot Soldier
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Now they are too busy being living, working mouthpieces for the DNC to be effective.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Where is Thomas Paine when you need him?
                              Agreed. The media could use a little Common Sense.

And where are the successors to Edward R Murrow, or Cronkite, or even Huntley & Brinkley?
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...