X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The Doors

I love this band. I got into them hardcore when I was 16. It's amazing stuff, and I've been listening to 'em for over 10 years!

Favorite album: L.A. WOMAN. This was Jim's last. Of course, they would try without him for two further albums. But those albums had a sort of post-Roth syndrome...the occasional great music part but vocals that really lacked. The magic was gone. OTHER VOICES especially had some great musical moments (SHIPS WITH SAILS is fantastic), but the vocals by Krieger and Densmore just didn't work. Too bad.

Anyway, Jim died the week before my older brother was born. But I've always had some sort of connection with the dude, and I hope he's resting in peace.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • badhorsie

I've always enjoyed The Doors.

I dont love every single song but i enjoy a majority of them.

I like the debut and morrison hotel the most.Although LA woman is a gem as well.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by badhorsie
      I've always enjoyed The Doors.

I dont love every single song but i enjoy a majority of them.

I like the debut and morrison hotel the most.Although LA woman is a gem as well.
      Oh yeah! The best song IMO on MORRISON HOTEL is MAGGIE M'GILL. That's just a barnstormer. The debut is also amazing. END OF THE NIGHT is just haunting. Too bad Jim had such a short run...he sounds so eerie on that song...as if he were already seeing his own death.
      Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• sambo
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

The Doors have firmly etched their name in music history...

I don't like all their stuff either but some of it is excellent.... and memorable
        Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I'll dive into this one tomorrow night...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            I'll dive into this one tomorrow night...
            Sounds good.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Big time Doors fan here.........got into them in my teens as well. I remember driving around in my first car with the LA Woman tape constantly playing. Basically the whole catalog is untouchable.........

Comment

• Golden AWe
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

"c'mon c'mon cm'om c'mon touch me baby...can't you see that i am not afraid!"

magical band...scott weiland once said the doors was the best american rock n' roll band of all time...well, he wasn't terribly wrong
                Originally posted by Cato
                Golden, why are you FAT?
                Originally posted by lesfunk
                Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Weiland is awesome himself. I never thought a band just made up of ex-Gunners could be great with just a great singer. But Weiland turned the VELVET REVOLVER album into a minor masterpiece. (Still say STP is better though.)

I still would have loved to have a bunch of Morrison-led Doors albums in the 70's, I gotta say. POJO mentioned something to me about a blues album they were planning to do. If that motherfucker happened after Jimbo got back from Paris, it would have been incredible.

So many shitty rock 'n' roll deaths. Even though Alex and Eddie are both dead to many of us, at least VH fans can be thankful that nobody REALLY died. Hell, I hate Sammy, but even I wouldn't wish for someone's death.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

I'm a huge Doors fan!

Mezro...cranking up The Soft Parade CD right now...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                      I'm a huge Doors fan!

Mezro...cranking up The Soft Parade CD right now...
                      I love WISHFUL SINFUL.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                        If that motherfucker happened after Jimbo got back from Paris, it would have been incredible.
                        Because things are so touchy around here the last week or so, I just want to clarify that it's the BLUES ALBUM and not POJO I am calling a "motherfucker" in this sentence. LOL.
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mezro
                          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                          I love WISHFUL SINFUL.
                          Great song.

Mezro...I even have Ray Manzarek's Golden Scarab CD...guess I'm a Doors douche...
                          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• =Marshall=
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                            magical band...scott weiland once said the doors was the best american rock n' roll band of all time...well, he wasn't terribly wrong
                            I can't tell you how much I dig the Doors. Their whole catalogue. It's exceptional music. And Morrison was the king! Only Dave has had as much on-stage charisma as that dude IMO.

And why I quoted Golden AWe: STP's Atlanta is a tune heavily inspired by the Doors IMO! I could imagine Jim singing it and nailing it!

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                              Great song.

Mezro...I even have Ray Manzarek's Golden Scarab CD...guess I'm a Doors douche...
                              How is that? I never actually heard any of Manzarek's solo material.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...