X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

New Interview In German Rock Mag !!!

just read the interview and asked why mike anthony (aka the bass player) is not mentioned on the credit bill for the new songs he answers that these songs were recorded by ed and alexis WITHOUT him while the band was not really existing. then sam came in and just added the vocals...

he also says, he hopes that the band goes back to the old recording procedure. so it's confirmed by the bass player himself that he is NOT playing on the BOBW tracks...so let me think about what ed said about "being a team player" and "that's not the way a band works"...yes, ed...that's the way a band works and has chemistry...record on your own hire some screeching asshole, put together a "quick-money-grab"-album and -tour and fuck the fans...here we go...

of course he was also asked why the reunion in 2000 failed and he said that while they were playing it became obvious again why dave left in 1985 and that they can't work together anymore...

there is also a little sidekick towards dave asked what he thinks about the EMT-thing. the bass player says that he hopes that he'd never has a breakdown in NY and needs a mouth to mouth rescue while dave is on duty...

no, there is no link to it, it was written on real paper and I just read and translated it for you...no BS from me, never started any rumors never will...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)
  • Don Corleone
    Veteran
    • May 2004

The irony here is that while Mike is undoubtley Roy's bitch, Dave wouldn't set foot on stage with Ed and Al without him.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Just confirms what everyone suspected. That IS Mike doing the backup vocals, though, I'm pretty sure...probably had them added around the same time they got Hagar to sing on them.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Its funny with Mike talking out of his ass like that about Dave, cause without Dave, all 3 would still be playing at their local High School and backyard parties. They all think and assume that most people think Dave needs the band blah blah blah, including this interview. Its the other way around Mike. You guys need Dave for structure, discipline and getting your rock n roll groove back.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

the bass player was also asked about ed's smoking and said that the band discussed that and "ed is a grown up man and if he wants to smoke he smokes"

another topic were the ticket sales and the bass player tried to find excuses like "everything has become more expencive" and really said that "this is the biggest stage and most spectacular show we've ever done"...sure...and you have designed it...

also asked for the boring solo parts he said that "sam needs these breaks to refresh himself. he is 55 (!!!!!!) now, still in a pretty good shape but needs some relaxation between a two hour show"
          Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

If you took the country of Iran and strained all the drizzlin' shits that those towel wearing fucks pissed out of their assholes with a strainer, everything that's left in the colander is what Van Hagar is to me. Recycled peanut skins and half digested corn bits. Hope they realise that this is what they mean to me now. The only band that ever meant anything to me. Getting laid for the first time, had to play Dave. Fighting with ex- fiance, throw some Dave/Halen on...Got married on Oct 10th 1992 and named my second child Dustin Roth.... Now that band can go fuck themselves- Dave or grave!
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
              If you took [...]throw some Dave/Halen on...Got married on Oct 10th 1992 and named my second child Dustin Roth.... Now that band can go fuck themselves- Dave or grave!
              amen, brother...
              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                If you took the country of Iran and strained all the drizzlin' shits that those towel wearing fucks pissed out of their assholes with a strainer, everything that's left in the colander is what Van Hagar is to me. Recycled peanut skins and half digested corn bits. Hope they realise that this is what they mean to me now.
                I see some potential in the quote above to be some excellent blues lyrics to a Van Halen is fucked type song.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                  the bass player was also asked about ed's smoking and said that the band discussed that and "ed is a grown up man and if he wants to smoke he smokes"

another topic were the ticket sales and the bass player tried to find excuses like "everything has become more expencive" and really said that "this is the biggest stage and most spectacular show we've ever done"...sure...and you have designed it...

also asked for the boring solo parts he said that "sam needs these breaks to refresh himself. he is 55 (!!!!!!) now, still in a pretty good shape but needs some relaxation between a two hour show"
                  Michael Anthony appears to be very gay.

Someone should shoot him.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

"this is the biggest stage and most spectacular show we've ever done"...sure...and you have designed it...
                    bwahahahaha...like this whole show could even try to match a single dave split kick...or alex setting fire behind the drumset...

it's a freakshow i say. hell, if i want to see two skinny chimpanzees and two fat orang-outangs making noise i don't have to pay 85 bucks, i can go to a real zoo.
                    Originally posted by Cato
                    Golden, why are you FAT?
                    Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• davegian

on a similar note, does anyone know why the bass player gets credit on 1984 for jump and panama, but on BOV1 he was omitted?

Comment

• spmusicplyr
                        Foot Soldier
                        • May 2004

good question...

you know i like daves band. i think luzier is great and i think his guitarists are awesome. well im not too sure about that little jap...he seems cool though.

saw them at the house of blues in june '03.
                        Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by davegian
                          on a similar note, does anyone know why the bass player gets credit on 1984 for jump and panama, but on BOV1 he was omitted?
                          I'd imagine it's because the Van Halen Bros. are dickheads, for the most part. Did that ever get cleared up? I don't know if there was ever an official answer for it.

Ed oughta just quit fucking around and fire Mike already. It's obvious to everyone that he wants to.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• smaz
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2004

Biggest stage they've had, specially for the biggest singer they've had. Biggest in the way of being fat, not mot famous. That would be Dave.
                            Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• interceptor
                              Groupie
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                              That IS Mike doing the backup vocals, though, I'm pretty sure...
                              Actually, I think its Steve Lukather on the backup vocals for those BOBW tracks...there was an interview with Lukather a while back I remember reading where he talked about Eddie playing guitar on his Christmas album, and how he was invited to sing background vocals on the new material. Kinda sounds like Mike, though......

Comment

Working...