X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Vhagar OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE FROM PORTLAND

Well the "huge" Vhagar tour rolled into Portland Oregon recently. The attendance listed in Billboard Magazine was only 8,007. There were over 13,000 tickets available. The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show. All of the hagar lovers are really starting to make fools of themselves beyond what I thought was possible. I still see some of these morons trying to claim this tour is doing great business. Nothing could be further from the truth. A very significant number of shows have fallen by the wayside and many promoters are losing a fortune doing business with VHagar. I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Re: Vhagar OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE FROM PORTLAND

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
    I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
    amen, brother...amen...!!!
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

It's a fucking reunion tour........thats the key thing to remember sheep! At least all of you will be able to see the Spamster with that guy in drag at a club near you soon(after he releases another bad album).

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Well the "huge" Vhagar tour rolled into Portland Oregon recently. The attendance listed in Billboard Magazine was only 8,007. There were over 13,000 tickets available. The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show...
        THAT'S BECAUSE PORTLAND IS ROTH COUNTRY, BABY!!!
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

I TOLD you all nobody'd be there!
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• scottydabodi
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

TheTruth!! Keep rockin' man!! Yet ANOTHER brilliant post... how many times can I vote for you???
            If you listen to fools
            The Mob Rules

Comment

• Lou

I bet seenbad was at that show and probably thought it was great just the same.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

...I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
                CCC and Warner Brothers, for starters, are not interested.
                <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Comment

• Denny
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2004

no

Comment

• Halen High
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2004

Well the "huge" Vhagar tour rolled into Portland Oregon recently. The attendance listed in Billboard Magazine was only 8,007. There were over 13,000 tickets available. The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show. All of the hagar lovers are really starting to make fools of themselves beyond what I thought was possible. I still see some of these morons trying to claim this tour is doing great business. Nothing could be further from the truth. A very significant number of shows have fallen by the wayside and many promoters are losing a fortune doing business with VHagar. I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
                      Thanks for the info mate!

Another massive no show for Van Hagar.

I also read elsewhere that only 8,600 bothered to turn up at their recent gig in Montreal. According to the venue's website, it holds 14,000 for concerts!

Looks like the final leg of this tour is not doing the kind of business CCC had gambled on.

Comment

• johnnybaby
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Nov 2004

Good for them. Try a reunion with DLR and every place would be soldout for sure. Ditch Sammy Hagar and have a real show.

Comment

• darkknight
                          Groupie
                          • Mar 2004

Where does this $750,000 per show figure come from? Seems a bit steep to me.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by darkknight
                            Where does this $750,000 per show figure come from? Seems a bit steep to me.
                            Out of the promoters pocket if the show doesn't cover it which most shows aren't.

That's why nobody will touch another tour from these losers.

Comment

• darkknight
                              Groupie
                              • Mar 2004

I understand that, but my question is how does anyone know what VH"s fee is for a concert and where did the $750g's figure come from?

Comment

Working...