• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by m49085
    Wait until Roth plays Portland again.
    Depends. Last time he played Portland he played at the Roseland theater and it was shortly after the Sam & Dave tour...was a good turnout, about 1,500-2,000 I think. I wasn't able to go due to being outside of the area at the time, but I knew several people from work that did go and they said it was a positive turnout, low production costs and an excellent show.

Worlds away from massive tour productions and shitty turnouts, which is basically what Van Hagar's been churning out ever since this tour began.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• fe_lung
      Sniper
      • Mar 2004

I was just looking at the weekly figures

VH is at #10 which is all well and good, but if you do the math and divide by avg. ticket price it's only 9,376 people.

Look at the rest of the list and you see:
      Sting (#3) 14,402 people
      Metallica (#4) 15,405 people
      The Cure (#18) 11,903 people
      Beastie Boys (#19) 9,525 people
      John Mayer (#18) 12,018 People

So per capita, it's not so hot..
      You have to wonder, if the tickets were cheaper would it have put more asses in the seats, or is their drawing power just not that hot (I've no doubt what the answer will be around here!)

Comment

• scubaa
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2004

well well the figures seem to be in...i attended two shows Toronto and Hamilton both very good and both done well.....however lets think about two things:

1- Get Ed some help !! or it will all be over and two -

2- Lets see the proof in the pudding DLR back with Van Halen

Very interesting times for all Van Halen fans or should they just pack it in??

Peace

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Re: Vhagar OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE FROM PORTLAND

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
          The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show.
          There won't be a promoter on the planet that will touch another Van Hagar tour...ever

Mezro...ripping off the fans, ripping off the promoters and ripping away the last of their integrity...sack huggers...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Dave's Dradle
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

If I remember correctly they are getting a lower guarantee on the second leg of the tour, so the promoters probably haven't been taking it so bad on this leg.

Ih VH does tour with Hagar again they will have to tone down the size of their venues, in most markets they just can't fill a full sized arena anymore. Unless of course the next album is a big hit, but I won't be holding my breath.

Comment

Working...