X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Iran promises Burning Hell for US

TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- Iran, facing mounting U.S. pressure over its nuclear program, promised on Thursday a "burning hell" for any aggressor as tens of thousands marched to mark the 26th anniversary of its Islamic revolution.

"The Iranian nation does not seek war, does not seek violence and dispute. But the world must know that this nation will not tolerate any invasion," President Mohammad Khatami said in a fiery speech to the crowd in central Tehran.

"The whole Iranian nation is united against any threat or attack. If the invaders reach Iran, the country will turn into a burning hell for them," he added, as the crowd, braving heavy snow, chanted "Death to America!" and "Death to Israel!."

Senior officials had called for a big turnout at the revolution anniversary parades to send a message to Washington which has toughened its stance on Iran in recent weeks.

U.S. President George W. Bush said on Wednesday a nuclear-armed Iran would be "a very destabilizing force" and urged the West to work together to stop this happening.

"The Iranians just need to know that the free world is working together to send a very clear message: Don't develop a nuclear weapon," Bush said.

Unlike North Korea, which on Thursday openly declared it has made nuclear arms, Iran denies U.S. accusations it is building bombs under cover of a civilian nuclear energy program.

But Iran, too, has hardened its language in recent days, refusing to contemplate scrapping sensitive activities like uranium enrichment -- which can be used to make bomb-grade material -- and vowing to accelerate work on its program if the United States or Israel attacked its atomic plants.

Diplomats said while the chances of a U.S. or Israeli attack were slim, Iran appeared to be on a collision course with the U.N. Security Council, which could impose sanctions.

"It's hard to see how they can avoid going to the Council, unless they substantially change their position," said a Western diplomat in Tehran.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Wednesday Tehran must accept a deal being offered by the European Union -- to scrap potentially weapons-related work like enrichment in return for trade deals and other incentives -- or be referred to the Security Council.

But Iran's top nuclear negotiator Hassan Rohani told Reuters in an interview this week there was nothing the West could offer Iran that would tempt it to give up its atomic fuel cycle.

Defence Minister Ali Shamkhani accused the EU and United States of colluding in an effort to force Iran to compromise.

"One side is playing a good cop role, while the other side is playing the bad cop in order to put Iran in the throes of the good cop from fear of the bad cop," the official IRNA news agency quoted him as saying.

There are also mixed voices coming from Iran. While most rhetoric this week has been hardline, a top nuclear negotiator on Thursday signalled an opening for a deal at EU talks, which continue on Friday, because of a perceived change in the European position.

"The chance of striking an agreement is not small because Iran is quite flexible in this regard," Hossein Mousavian, a senior official at Iran's Supreme National Security Council, told state television.

One European diplomat in Tehran said it was typical for Iran to turn up the heat of its rhetoric in the run-up to a round of talks with the EU and then soften its stance afterwards.

"It's typical posturing. At the end of the day they don't want to go to the Security Council so they need to continue the EU talks," the diplomat said.

Those at Thursday's annual demonstration, which tends to draw the hardcore supporters of Iran's clerical establishment, said Iran would not back down in the face of U.S. threats.

"The U.S. is after an excuse. If we stop atomic technology, they will find another excuse," said Habibollah Hosseini, a 68-year-old cleric.

"They invaded Iraq although there were no weapons (of mass destruction). The best response to intimidation is unity and power. We are here to show this," he said.

Several carried effigies of Bush, one of which, carrying a banner which read "I love war" was burned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2005 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Gee LostMachine, I thought you didn't like Iran threads...

Originally posted by LostMachine
    -- and vowing to accelerate work on its program if the United States or Israel attacked its atomic plants.

They won't have a program to accelerate work on...

It will be rubble...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Whatever happens will be " God's Will " I guess.........

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Gee LostMachine, I thought you didn't like Iran threads...

Just not your's

Comment

• blueturk
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          You got that right! God and Dubya are TIGHT.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

LMFAO turk

God wrote the Axis of Evil line after all......

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I read ELVIS drivel, and can't help but wonder just WHICH religious fundamentalist wack jobs are more dangerous....

they're getting harder to tell apart...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, eventually it will be.....

Ezekiel 38

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

3 And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords:

5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet:

6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee.

7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
                Meshech was a descendant of Noah who eventually settled in the far north. In English, his name translates to Moscow.

Persia, of course, is today known as Iran.

And it's no secret to anyone with a functional brain that the Likud party of Israel is behind the PNAC agenda, with Perle, Wolfowitz, and Feith being literal double agents (and dual citizens) who began this agenda with a manifesto called "Securing the Realm" which they wrote in collaboration with the Likud Netanyahu regime in 1995.

So when Iran is invaded and the Russians feel that this agenda has hit a little too close to home, the former "Evil Empire" will strike back.

The theme of Ezekiel 38-39 is that Israel's arrogance has grown to the point where God feels that a good ass kicking is the only thing that will get their attention. Of course, at the 2 minute warning (so to speak) God himself will suit up and score the winning touchdown, laying the Russian/Muslim coalition army to waste, but not before some serious devastation.

Too bad it's gonna take all of that to put a stop to this fascist agenda
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Thanks Ford.

I'm now going to go buy canned goods....

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2004

Gotta do whatcha gotta do to.
                    Do you love me peter? Yes of course my lord. Then feed my sheep.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Thanks Ford.

I'm now going to go buy canned goods....
                      I thought you said the Bible was a fairy tale ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

BTW, canned goods won't help you...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          BTW, canned goods won't help you...
                          you're a little slow, aren't you?

" buying canned goods" is a joke. a euphamism [sp?] for thinking the end is near.

again I ask, why do you bother?

And the Bible is 90% bullshit. But the idiots in power have the ability to create a self-fulfilling prophesy

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

90% bullshit ??

You really are a fool...

How much of it have you read ??

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If it's "bullshit" then it turned out to be pretty accurate "bullshit".

How could Ezekiel have possibly known, 4,000 years ago, that Meshech's descendants would form a nation large enough to be capable of leading this eventual invasion of Israel. And why would Ezekiel - if he just made the whole thing up - have the Persians, the Libyans and the Ethiopians as partners in the invasion. At the time, there was no Islam, so these three countries, nowhere near each other, had absolutely nothing in common with each other, let alone a reason for any of them to team up with Russia.

In fact I can't think of any circumstance throughout all of history which would bring this type of coalition together. Muslim nations teaming up against Israel? Sure, but what's in it for Russia? The Soviet Union certainly had the military hardware to do it, but never did.

On the other hand, the current situation, with Likud clearly pulling the strings of PNAC easily allows for Muslim nations to team up against them, and an invasion of Iran in particular, might be a little too close to home for Pooty-Poot or whomever else might be running Russia at the time.

So if Ezekiel was just a fiction writer, I'd say he did a damn good job.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...