• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UNCLAX72
    Roadie
    • Feb 2005

to hell with chris rock

what the hell is with this guy?
    not only did he make a fool out of himself but he probably ruined his career for good. I think he made the plan backfire on hollywood when he sarcastically gave his personal shout-out to the troops. Fuck that sarcasm, america and our troops don't need it.
    God bless america and its soldiers
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

I agree...

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

So let me get this straight: you say to hell with someone b/c they made what you perceive to be a sarcastic shout-out in support of the troops, but Donald Rumsfeld is still cool in your book?

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I don't like Chris Rock, but he didn't do anything that bugged me.
        Comedians tend to cater to their crowds disposition and lets face it, he was in his element, and although some of his jokes didn't make me laugh, it was only humor.

He is against the war and Bush, but he didn't do anything different than any Liberal or Democrat does here or in Washington.

Him giving props to the troops at all was probably the one thing he did right, and i think i'll leave it up to the troops to decide how they felt about his comments.

But what i enjoyed a little was Sean Penn again sticking his nose in business that doesn't concern him by taking it upon himself to defend Jude Law.
        It was a joke, Sean, say your lines and sit your butt down.

Hollywood actually needs their own political party so they can stop leaching of the Democrats.

And you have to admit the stab Rock took at Michael Moore was funny.
        "I should have just done Super-Size Me, I did all the research"
        It busted my gut for sure, no pun intended there.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

You guys watched the Oscars???

Fags!

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Yeah, I watched, and i ain't no fag, lol.

I watched it to see Foxx get his just props for Ray, and my kid was all about the animated stuff.

Basically i wanted to see if everyone would go off on a political rant while accepting their idols, lol.

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2004

Comparing Bush to an employee of the Gap was pure genious! That gave me an abdominal charlie horse............

You ain't gotta like him but his "Bullets" skit in Bigger and Blacker is one of the funniest things I've ever heard and I'm a Richard Pryor fan.
              Taking shots at people in the audience is just fucking ruthless. I absolutely loved it.
              Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by stringfelowhawk
                Comparing Bush to an employee of the Gap was pure genious! That gave me an abdominal charlie horse............

You ain't gotta like him but his "Bullets" skit in Bigger and Blacker is one of the funniest things I've ever heard and I'm a Richard Pryor fan.
                Taking shots at people in the audience is just fucking ruthless. I absolutely loved it.
                Not only is the Bullets sketch funny, but it maketh perfect sense. Let Me put it this way...

If nails costeth $5000 each, ye would not be celebrating Easter at the end of next month.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: to hell with chris rock

Originally posted by UNCLAX72
                  not only did he make a fool out of himself but he probably ruined his career for good. I think he made the plan backfire on hollywood when he sarcastically gave his personal shout-out to the troops. Fuck that sarcasm, america and our troops don't need it.
                  Waht the fuck are you talking about? He was great. What sarcasm? you have a specific quote or are you just being a pussy 'cause he made fun of Bush (not the troops)?

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

his career isn't ruined, you guys don't know shit.

if CB4 and Pootie Tang didn't fuck his career, that Oscar hosting gig sure as shit won't do it.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• hard rock
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2004

I loved it when he hosted i think it was the grammys or american music awards a few years ago. It was during a time when the music industry was real shity with all these one hit wonders and stuff and he said something like

i see a lot of familiar faces in the crowd tonigth, hey theres my buddy puffy props to ya, theres snoop dogg what up man, there is bruce springsteen hey man that new album is killer.

i see a lot of new faces in the crowd to, hey enjoy the moment yall cuz you will never be here again. it was nice knowin ya

something like that i thought f@#kin right you tell those shit boy bands and teeny bopers how it is.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                        Veteran
                        • Sep 2004

So, according to you, freedom of speech and freedom of opinion are outdated!
                        http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

not only did he make a fool out of himself.....
                          Do I even need to write the punchline here?
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jesterstar
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Re: Re: to hell with chris rock

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                            So, according to you, freedom of speech and freedom of opinion are outdated!
                            You odviously aren't familiar with the patriot act. You sir are a Terroist.
                            Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2004

Chris Rock never was funny so it's no suprise he wasn't at the Academy Awards.

Comment

Working...