X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arastar
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

Direct from Dave's mouth RE: VH

Dave is sitting in this week from 6am-9am at a Boston radio station. Heard him today for the entire show and he's doing awesome! You know how we've all read threads that his schtick is always the same when he's doing the live show? It's AMAZING how much he's got to say...how smart and up to date on current affairs he is...etc.

Anyway, I digress.

Someone asked about VH and him getting back together. He said that EVERY YEAR, at the beginning of the year his management approaches VH's current manager (he made a joke about how many they've gone through) and asks them if they're ready. He feels it'd be the best tour ever...the Mighty VH. He mentioned that the last VH tour (w/Sam) bankrupted a ton of promoters, that they averaged 5-6,000 seats per night and that that is whey there are lawsuits going on about it. He said he's ready and willing any time but the bro's just can get it through their thick skulls that it's the way to go.

He knocked Sam pretty good too!

The King lives!!!
  • CROWBAR
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

I rest my case

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

That explanation works for me.

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

This seems to me that CVH will never re-appear, anyone wanna reassure me that I'm wrong?
        Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• arastar
          Groupie
          • Feb 2004

If you guys are interested, for those that can't listen I'll post a recap of each show this week. I'll be listening every day. Also, trying to win tickets 'cause the station and DDLR are throwing an invite only St Patty's day party on Thursday. MAN, I gotta win tix to that!!!

As long as Dave keeps trying, the VH's might break down at some point. There's always hope....

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

record and post it !!!
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• UGS
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              record and post it !!!
              What Natra said!
              Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• arastar
                Groupie
                • Feb 2004

I'd love to but I'm at work while the show goes on and don't have a recorder hooked up to a radio...even at home...believe it or not.

I will try and see if I can figure something out.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm taping it, and as soon as a webbie gets back to me, I'll post it...
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                    I'm taping it, and as soon as a webbie gets back to me, I'll post it...
                    thanx already...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WOAHYEAH
                      This seems to me that CVH will never re-appear, anyone wanna reassure me that I'm wrong?
                      Sadly, I agree.

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Sticky this thread please.
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WOAHYEAH

Think if Dave and Ed could get into a rehearsal space together, away from 5150 and any type of home-field advantage, things have a shot of working out (least in terms of getting the ball rolling...Ed pulling his head out of his ass and doing what needs to be done on his part to create some great NEW CVH lineup music might be a bit beyond him now).
                          Thing is, too much time has been pissed away by the Van Halens since 1996. Ed and Al are just fuckin' lazy. Embracing a lackadasical attitude is not something that bodes well for a classic lineup to hit the ground running. The fallout from 1996 fueled Dave to keep on plugging away (truth be told, he never really stopped), but the sisters just lost their drive. What have they produced since their last full-length album with Hagar in 1994? 6 tunes spread over two virtually identical greatest hits compilations, 1 full-length album and tour with Cherone and one with Hagar. Pitiful output for 11 years of existence.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

So Dave tries every year with an optimistic attitude, and the sister's just can't do it??? Sounds about right!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by arastar
                              He said that EVERY YEAR, at the beginning of the year his management approaches VH's current manager (he made a joke about how many they've gone through) and asks them if they're ready.
                              If that statement is true, then you never say never, K-mart shoppers....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...