The 1996 Limo Ride

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolverine

The 1996 Limo Ride

I know Dave states briefly in his book about that famous 1996 limo ride to the mtv awards. Dave in that limo is like a person being fed to the sharks!! I wonder what the four were saying and thinking that whole ride??(besides eddie whining about missing his kid first day of school)
  • jojo2371
    Head Fluffer
    • Nov 2004

yeah in daves book he said it was a fairly laid back limo ride ,he even gave ed a cuban cigar and listened to ed complain about wanting to take wolfgang to school

Comment

• Don Corleone
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Re: The 1996 Limo Ride

Originally posted by The Godfather
      I wonder what the four were saying and thinking that whole ride??
      Mike was probably thinking about how much he was mising Sam.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

EVH & AVH are a couple of worthless pole-smokers. their thoughts were probably about how much MORE money they could screw DAVE outta.

FUCK 'EM!!!

Comment

• Jamocha Joe
          Roadie
          • Jan 2005

I don't know about the other 3, but my guess is that Dave was thinking about poon tang.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

I agree.

Ya know, even if they WERE to have a Reunion Tour with Dave, I am not sure I would even go.

Back in the days B.S. (Before Spammy), they were like lightning in a bottle. They were out to blow everyone away. No holds barred, take no prisoners.

If they were to do a reunion tour now, it would be strictly for a cash grab.
            Not only that, even if they did book a tour, it would be a complete and utter miracle if they even made it to the opening night without The Sisterz FUCKING EVERYTHING UP!

With Dave they were great!

With Spammy they became lame.

Then with Gary Cherone, they sucked total donkey balls.

No with nobody, they are worthless and less than zero.

Ed is on a reunion tour with the nearest immigrant liquor store. Who knows what Alex is doing.....drinking like a fish and practicing his wife-beating maneuvers, perhaps?

It all adds up to the same thing....we are just left with fond memories of the Greatness That WAS....

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I remember that part of Dave's book.

Funny because I can imagine Ed and Al getting bitching and moaning on the limo ride there as Mike just sat silent.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I've said it all along. That chapter is REQUIRED reading for anybody wishing to find out what really happened in '96.

Comment

• UGS
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2005

From what I remember, Ed was being a total dick to everyone, especially Dave, then he got momentarily-nice when he asked Dave if Dave had a $50 cigar to give him. Not that $50 means anything to Ed or Dave, but still, a prick is a prick.
                  Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

What was it Dave said?

Like riding in a car full of scorpions?! LOL
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Remember that dude that posted how Ed was bumming cigarettes of
                      him at Disneyworld ? Those Sisters are tighter than a fishes asshole.

Would loved to have been a fly on the Limo wall !!
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: The 1996 Limo Ride

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                        Mike was probably thinking about how much he was mising Sam.
                        LOL.

And probably thinking "If it wasn't for Ed I'd be managing a fuckin' car wash!"
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

When I read that whole chapter "Reunion Blues", I felt very sorry for Dave.

He was fucked bigtime by the brothers and their manager.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Antman
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                            LOL.

And probably thinking "If it wasn't for Ed I'd be managing a fuckin' car wash!"
                            You really think Mike can manage anything?
                            When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• vanzilla
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                              Remember that dude that posted how Ed was bumming cigarettes of
                              him at Disneyworld ? Those Sisters are tighter than a fishes asshole.

Would loved to have been a fly on the Limo wall !!
                              Dude, he bummed one off of me after I interviewed Sam in 95!!!

Holy shit, for a guy that smokes as much as he does, you would think he'd have a carton on him at all times.

I've heard he's cutting back though. Now he only goes through about 2 lighters a day.
                              Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

Working...