X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Is this 5150 TIme ??

Ok, I know most of us wouldnt have a clue, and dont want to know.

But can some sheep answer me this, is this 5150 time ?

Come on, this makes the village people look hetero !!!

5150 time sucks !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

So do you sheep have to suddenly become gay when Sammy proclaims its 5150 time ?? Is it like the unwritten code or something ?
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Tom Vu
      Banned
      • Oct 2004

Re: Is this 5150 TIme ??

Originally posted by Panamark
      Ok, I know most of us wouldnt have a clue, and dont want to know.

But can some sheep answer me this, is this 5150 time ?

Come on, this makes the village people look hetero !!!

5150 time sucks !
      This is what a band is. A band. The sum are greater than it's parts. Unity. Chemistry. Cohesion. AND NOT four people, four limos. 5150 time is about a band who partying like crazy. AND NOT 1984, where four men had four different part of the stage. 1984 was not a band of four but four individuals. 5150 IS A BAND KNOWN AS MIGHTY VAN HALEN BAAAAAAY-BEEEE!!! By the way, that photo is of what is known as the choo-choo train. It takes the four guys of them to make THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN go!

Oh, You Ate One Too?!? \m/\m/!!!

Comment

• jeando
        Full On Cocktard
        • Mar 2004

You must be kidding right.....Classic Van Halen were just four people on stage and not having fun???:confused: I think you should check out the video's again and look at all the pictures out there.....and listen to some real music dude.....Classic Van Halen ROCKS and they knew how to throw a party and they sure knew how to have fun on stage....With alot more class than Spammy Halen ever could produce..So shut up and get your priority straight

Comment

• katie
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Tom Vu
          This is what a band is. A band. The sum are greater than it's parts. Unity. Chemistry. Cohesion. AND NOT four people, four limos. 5150 time is about a band who partying like crazy. AND NOT 1984, where four men had four different part of the stage. 1984 was not a band of four but four individuals. 5150 IS A BAND KNOWN AS MIGHTY VAN HALEN BAAAAAAY-BEEEE!!! By the way, that photo is of what is known as the choo-choo train. It takes the four guys of them to make THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN go!

Live before your naked steaming eyes - Little Tom Vu is BACK!

You kill me Tom you really do.

Keep it up!

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
            Commando
            • May 2004

I had the unfortunate experience of watching Van Hagar prance across the stage, that picture brings back horrible memories of the death of The Mighty VanHalen. They really transformed into Reo Speed wagon.20 years later and I am still shaken.

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Is this 5150 TIme ??

Originally posted by Tom Vu
              By the way, that photo is of what is known as the choo-choo train. It takes the four guys of them to make THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN go!

the choo choo train ??? Fuck it get worse !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• katie
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                I had the unfortunate experience of watching Van Hagar prance across the stage, that picture brings back horrible memories of the death of The Mighty VanHalen. They really transformed into Reo Speed wagon.20 years later and I am still shaken.
                Yes, I still wake up screaming too!

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Jesus Christ! Sammy has doubled in size since that pic was taken!

Comment

• Tom Vu
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2004

Progression

Originally posted by jeando
                    You must be kidding right.....Classic Van Halen were just four people on stage and not having fun???:confused: I think you should check out the video's again and look at all the pictures out there.....and listen to some real music dude.....Classic Van Halen ROCKS and they knew how to throw a party and they sure knew how to have fun on stage....With alot more class than Spammy Halen ever could produce..So shut up and get your priority straight
                    Classic VH is classic is because the brainwashing fan like you only could look back and not move forward. VH w/David is nostalgia, that's why they classic VH. BUT VH is not a nolstalgia band. No doubting that CVH made the impact on rock and roll but CVH was just a test run of what would VH ultimateting would become. Yes, the test run CVH is view to some as more real rock and roll because they were younger back then. Hey sucker, people grow, things change and you cannot keep yourself in a 1984 time warp.

Things have to progress and mature. Eddie was grow tire of just being known as a shred guitar player. He is a genius to the music and needed to branch out musically. David was oppose to Eddie's musical growth and wanted to keep the one-dimensional party band image. Hey suckers, you can't stay 17 forever. VH was just too great and too talented to stay stagnant like the way David wanted to keep things. They have no choice but to bring in a singer that would progress and maturing with them. Dave wanted VH to be stuck in Peter Pan Syndrome. That means never grow up.

When I see that picture of the choo-choo train dance, I'm be very happy because the band is happy. With Sammy in the band it was easily indentify with them because they were no different than anybody. They were four talent guys who play heavy metal music for the loving of it. They could easily be jam together in a backyard party and just be as happy.

With David, it was a business. David got into the band because he had a PA system. Yes, VH worked as a band with Dave but Eddie was never really friends with him and it feeling like work and not fun for Eddie. He almost quit and join Kiss because of David. But because he and Sammy were friends and bandmates, THE MIGHTY VH continued on for another decade and made the VH name more legendary and greater than before. If you really loving David so much, you should thank Ed and Sammy for keeping the VH name viable. David profited just as much when Sammy joined the band because VH continued to make millions of the money and David get residuals and royalties. What would happen if Sammy join te band and they fail? David wouldn't be getting those checks in the mail.

VH with David is like the mop top Beatles. Singing the songs for teenagers. VH with Sammy is like Beatles after Sgt. Pepper. They lost some of the teenybop I wanna hold your hand fans but grew musically and experiment with their sound and brought more thought provoke songs and lyrics.

So, in the end CVH like the mop top Beatles are what casual fans think of when they think ofthe band. Four lovable guys that sing about fun. And the CVH fan only wants the band remain in that memory and are threatened by something call growth. CVH fan like the mop top Beatle fans were so turn off after Sgt. Pepper just like CVH fan turnoff after Sammy. The real VH fans know that Sammy w/ VH is just like the after Sgt. Pepper Beatles. They weren't teenybopper anymore and for all the fans they lost, they gain just as many not because they were cute and lovable but because they are a great and innovate rock and roll band.

Game. Match. Set. I'm Out.

Last edited by Tom Vu; 04-12-2005, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Van Hagar innovative? You've lost all credibility with that statement.

Next!

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Theres some rippers in that last post Tom VU !

Van Hagar played Heavy Metal ??

Tom, do you realize this band had triple the success with Dave ??
                        Their records still outsell Hagars..
                        Think about that for a while.
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

To answer the thread: "5150" is the Las Angelas Police code for-- "It's time to become gayer than Journey sucking off Frankie Goes to Hollywood backstage."

For Tom Vu: Was Van Hagar still a bunch of buds when they fired Sammy for "not being able to sing anymore live" in 1996? Wow! What comaraderie!

Yeah, Sam Hagar and Edward are friends alright; the kind of friends you never call, see, talk to, or write!

Comment

• Roguesgirl
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            To answer the thread: "5150" is the Las Angelas Police code for-- "It's time to become gayer than Journey sucking off Frankie Goes to Hollywood backstage."

LOL.
                            TLC
                            You KNOW I got the blues.
                            Can you dig it?
                            Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!

Comment

• Tom Vu
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2004

The champion of rock and roll

Originally posted by Panamark
                              Tom, do you realize this band had triple the success with Dave ??
                              Their records still outsell Hagars..
                              Think about that for a while.
                              How do you mean triple the success? Yes, it is true that according to the RIAA, that David outsells Sammy by about 16 million. But those sales are for the US only. Worldwide, and even Gene Simmon says itis true, that Hagar VH outselling the DLR VH. Let's us do the simple math, okay? Though DLR VH outselling the Sammy VH in the states, the entirety VH catalog has sold 70 millions worldwide. And if David VH has been sell 28 million, what is the difference in albums sold that would make the sum total 70 million? THE ANSWER IS 42 millions worldwide sold by Hagar VH. 42 + 28 = 70. 42 millions for Sam. 28 millions for David. Plus Sammy has all the number one records, the MTV award, and the grammy.

And on a end note. David VH sales comes on the strength of VH I and 1984. I have already go into the explaination on why those albums be selling so high. Don't make me go into it again. The total amont of sales do not makes who's better. If you are going to judgement on sales alone, David would be like Roger Maris' 61 home run record. Though he had a good career, all his greatness is based on that 61 home run season. In David's case, everyone is basing David's greatness on the strength of two albums.

Song for song. It is the unanimous decision. The champion of rock and roll....Saaa-mmmmy Haaaaa-gaaaaaar!!!!!!!!

What is understanding does not be discussed.

Comment

Working...