X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

ECW: One Night Stand

I, for one, am psyched that this event is being staged this sunday. ECW always put on a good show and I miss it. I hope this gets a good pay per view buy rate and ECW makes a full return.

Thoughts?
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Yeah, sending WWE guys over to that show stands to ruin it, just once it would be great if Vince didnt try to put his handprints over everything, Vince doesnt have a fuckin clue what ECW was all about....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Carmine
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
      Yeah, sending WWE guys over to that show stands to ruin it, just once it would be great if Vince didnt try to put his handprints over everything, Vince doesnt have a fuckin clue what ECW was all about....
      nope not one clue. If Heyman could run it with Vinces financial backing only...Wrestling needs ECW again.

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
        nope not one clue. If Heyman could run it with Vinces financial backing only...Wrestling needs ECW again.
        Hey Carmine, I know you're In the general area, did you ever make it to the ECW arena?

We flew up for a couple shows...just a total dump. Pretty scummy area of town as well. Hell, it was a bingo hall....every gritty nuance contributed to the legend and glory years of ECW. It used to be syndicated here, and we'd stay up 'til like 3 in the morning to watch it.

Comment

• Carmine
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
          Hey Carmine, I know you're In the general area, did you ever make it to the ECW arena?

We flew up for a couple shows...just a total dump. Pretty scummy area of town as well. Hell, it was a bingo hall....every gritty nuance contributed to the legend and glory years of ECW. It used to be syndicated here, and we'd stay up 'til like 3 in the morning to watch it.
          Nope never made it down. I would have eventually though had they stayed in business. And I had to stay up till 3 am too on Saturday.

The Friday night TNN show was on at 8 pm here.

A bingo hall huh? I thought it was an ELKS Lodge...your description is exactly what ECW stood for though, so its fitting.

ECW...ECW...ECW...ECW...damn I miss that!

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Nope never made it down. I would have eventually though had they stayed in business. And I had to stay up till 3 am too on Saturday.

The Friday night TNN show was on at 8 pm here.

A bingo hall huh? I thought it was an ELKS Lodge...your description is exactly what ECW stood for though, so its fitting.

ECW...ECW...ECW...ECW...damn I miss that!
            You know it bro. The Elks Lodge was the NYC venue with the balcony around it.

Lotsa good shows there as well.....that place didn't have AC!!!!

Comment

• Carmine
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
              You know it bro. The Elks Lodge was the NYC venue with the balcony around it.

Lotsa good shows there as well.....that place didn't have AC!!!!
              Thats right! New Jack almost killed himself there, as did the Dudley Boys!

Wasn't that the Monday Night Raw original venue?

Comment

• Redballjets88
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

wcw was the best
                R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Thats right! New Jack almost killed himself there, as did the Dudley Boys!

Wasn't that the Monday Night Raw original venue?
                  I've heard that too. Dunno for sure.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                    wcw was the best

wcw was kinda shitty i thought.ive always as far as wrestling been a wwf/wwe girl
                    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                    Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i liked wcw just because it was doing things and keeping it interesting...and for awhile beating wwf in the ratings...monday night nintro was awesome and nWo was awesome
                      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

NWA was were it was at...

the ECW may prove to be interesting...since there are a bunch of guys there that the WWF has no fucking chance of signing past this reunion show...

Shane Douglas said that there is a bit of a movement to make this more of an official ECW show...and that there will be people doing things that Vince says not to...

I think that's why you are going to see most of the WWE guys wrestling each other...

Styles is announcing...and just about everyone is returning...can't wait to fucking watch Dreamer and Sandman go up against the Dudleys...

I wonder if Sandman is going to be smoking...lmfao...and downing 6-packs...a move that Stone Cold later stole...

I wonder if Austin is going to show up...

and I hear there are a ton of surprises...

the interesting thing here is that if this works...my bet is that Vince reruns the ECW...at a low budget...as long as he can get TV rights...

it would be interesting...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hollywood5150
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Sep 2004

Ah wrestling.............my second favorite sport..........

i gew up watching wwf, wccw, awa, and nwa..........

then was......... wwf WcW and ecw........I like the rise of WcW and when in competed directly w/WWF.........

WcW from 1994 to early nineties after they aquired Hogan.....started n.W.o...........and began the Monday night wars..........

that was wrestling.......the second coming of wrestling.........it was great

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Vince McMahon ruined wrestling...

the best...was when I was a kid...with Vince Sr.

I loved watching the Toronto shows on TV...what the fuck was the name of the place in Toronto that had all those shows?

ECW was back to that local flavor...and back to the originality...

it's about the matches...not the fucking storylines...
                            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hollywood5150
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2004

I agree............he and the OTHER Vince and Ed farrera.....ruined wrestling.........

Comment

Working...