• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fresh Bushisms

Fresh Dubya
    (The 15 most recent Dubya declarations)

DUBYA: I appreciate the Secretary of Energy joining me today. He's a good man, he knows a lot about the subject, you'll be pleased to hear. I was teasing him -- he taught at MIT, and -- do you have a PhD?
    SECRETARY OF ENERGY BODMAN: Yes.
    DUBYA: Yes, a PhD. Now I want you to pay careful attention to this -- he's the PhD, and I'm the C student, but notice who is the advisor and who is the President.

-- Yes, we've been noticing that for some time now... Lusby, Maryland, Jun. 22, 2005

I want to thank the President and the CEO of Constellation Energy, Mayo Shattuck. That's a pretty cool first name, isn't it, Mayo. Pass the Mayo. His wife, Molly, appreciated that.
    -- In case you were wondering if Dubya had any frat boy left in him, here's your answer. Lusby, Maryland, Jun. 22, 2005

I'm proud to report that more Americans are working today than ever before in our nation's history.
    -- This is similar to the oft-repeated drivel about Dubya receiving more votes than any other presidential candidate in American history. Both are circumstances that are purely driven by the fact that today's population is the greatest ever to date. Lusby, Maryland, Jun. 22, 2005

In terms of your Prime Minister, he's a -- interesting guy. He's a lot of fun to be around. He promotes, uhh, serious business in a, in a, in a way that, uhh, endears himself to people. And so, uhh, I think his presidency has been an important presidency for the EU during difficult times, and he's handled it well. And, umm, I was gonna say he's a piece of work, but that might not translate too well. Is that all right, if I call you a piece of work?
    -- Dubya dons his "diplomatic" hat in welcoming Luxembourg Prime Minister and EU President Jean-Claude Juncker, White House, Jun. 20, 2005 To bypass player, right click (Mac: Control+click) and open link

The relations with, uhh -- Europe are important relations, and they've, uhh -- because, we do share values. And, they're universal values, they're not American values or, you know -- European values, they're universal values. And those values -- uhh -- being universal, ought to be applied everywhere.
    -- Dubya goes "values crazy" in press conference with EU dignitaries, White House, Jun. 20, 2005 To bypass player, right click (Mac: Control+click) and open link

REPORTER: Mr. President, we were told that you planned to sharpen your focus on Iraq. Why did this become necessary? And given the recent surge in violence, do you agree with Vice President Dick Cheney's assessment that the insurgency is in its last throes?
    DUBYA: Adam, I think about Iraq every day -- every single day -- because I understand we have troops in harm's way... [seconds later] And so, you know, I think about this every day -- every single day -- and will continue thinking about it, because I understand we've got kids in harm's way.

-- Makes you wonder if he practiced these phrases beforehand to be able to reproduce them so accurately in rapid succession. Washington, D.C., Jun. 20, 2005

One of the reasons why I've come to this center is to encourage care givers and sons and daughters and community and faith-based groups to help seniors understand, one, what's available in the new program, and, two, to encourage seniors to fill out the simple, four-page form so that they can take advantage of this good deal. And it's a good deal. This isn't political talk. This is true.
    -- Dubya perhaps being a bit too candid about the truthfulness of his political talk, which I guess we have to assume this isn't. Maple Grove, Minnesota, Jun. 17, 2005

As your President, it seems like to make sense to me to say, if we treat you this way, you treat us -- that's what fair trade is all about.
    -- He's right. It seems like to make sense to him. University Park, Pennsylvania, Jun. 14, 2005

I'm sorry my wife isn't here. Yes, I know, most people are sorry -- she's not here instead of -- she's here -- she's not here instead of me. But she is doing great. I'm a lucky man when Laura said, I do. She is a fabulous First Lady, a great mom and a great wife.
    -- Dubya launches into some past/present mayhem, University Park, Pennsylvania, Jun. 14, 2005

One of the main jobs we have here in Washington is to protect our country. You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war.
    -- So we were at war before September 11, and all the deaths and horror on that day were just a reminder? Wow. Washington, D.C., Jun. 8, 2005

And the second way to defeat the terrorists is to spread freedom. You see, the best way to defeat a society that is -- doesn't have hope, a society where people become so angry they're willing to become suiciders, is to spread freedom, is to spread democracy.
    -- Dubya declares war against Muslim society, and tosses in one of his favorite made-up words, Washington, D.C., Jun. 8, 2005

Do you realize we've got 250 million years of coal?
    -- We do? Washington, D.C., Jun. 8, 2005

The ties that bind the Americas are particularly vivid here in Florida. I mean, if you spend any time in this state, you'll find people from all over our hemisphere who live here. This state has benefited because immigrants from throughout the hemisphere have made their homes here. I know firsthand -- I'm pretty familiar with the state's governor. He keeps me abreast of what's taking place in this state. You know, our ties are represented in different ways. Perhaps you know this, but my brother was lucky enough to marry a fantastic woman from Mexico. The First Lady of Florida is Mexican-born. A United States senator from Florida, Mel Martinez, was born in Cuba. No, the ties in our hemisphere between America and our hemisphere are particularly strong in Florida.
    -- Your guess is as good as mine as to why "No," was necessary, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Jun. 6, 2005

In terms of, umm -- you know, the -- the detainees, we've had thousands of people detained. We've investigated every single complaint against the detainees. It seemed like to me they based some of their decisions on, on the word of, uhh -- and the allegations -- by people who were held in detention, people who hate America, people that had been trained in some instances to disassemble -- that means not tell the truth. And so it was an absurd report. It just is. And, uhh, you know -- yes, sir.
    -- The word Dubya is looking for here (and not finding) is "dissemble". That doesn't stop Dubya from acting like he's giving the media pool a vocabulary lesson, though. Answering question about criticism made by Amnesty International regarding the treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay, White House, May 31, 2005

I think the Iraq government will be up to the task of defeating the insurgents. I think they dealt the insurgents -- I think the Iraqi people dealt the insurgents a serious blow when they -- when we had the elections.
    -- Dubya corrects himself in a way which seems to discredit the point he was trying to make, White House, May 31, 2005
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Goddamn, the Chimp is stupid!
    Last edited by FORD; 06-25-2005, 06:40 PM.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
      Goddamn, the Chimp is stupid!
      Dean thread posted for your viewing pleasure.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Actually calling this moron a chimp is an insult to apes everywhere!

Comment

• saint
          Foot Soldier
          • Feb 2004

The biggest mistake that you guy's (americans) have made is to underestimate Bush and dismiss him as an stuttering idiot rich kid who just slid into the Whitehouse
          http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by saint
            The biggest mistake that you guy's (americans) have made is to underestimate Bush and dismiss him as an stuttering idiot rich kid who just slid into the Whitehouse
            Bush IS a stuttering idiot rich kid. The problem here is that the Bush Criminal Empire' political machine has dominated every Republican administration here since WWII. It was Prescott Bush who introduced Eisenhower to Nixon and most of the key players in the current Fraudministration have been involved in every Republican Presidency since Nixon.

The PNAC Agenda which became this Fraudministration's foreign policy was created by Cheney, Rummy, Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith and others now in the government, but George Bush had nothing to do with it. Jeb signed it, but not his dim-bulb brother.

Chimpy is an empty-suit frontman just as Reagan was. But at least Reagan was able to act the part.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• saint
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Chimpy is an empty-suit frontman .
              ... or is he???

Each time he is underestimated he, he wins. Just look at Al Gore, Tom Dashle, and John Kerry for starters.

Its time to acknowledge that Bush is clever, or at least street-smart . To do otherwise is nothing more than naked arrogance begging for another ass-fucking.
              http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by saint
                ... or is he???

Each time he is underestimated he, he wins. Just look at Al Gore, Tom Dashle, and John Kerry for starters.

Its time to acknowledge that Bush is clever, or at least street-smart . To do otherwise is nothing more than naked arrogance begging for another ass-fucking.
                But that was the work of Rove's propaganda department, not Monkey Boy. Specifically the Swift Boat Liars who attacked Kerry & Gore as Vietnam Veterans. John McCain also (in the primaries). Of course this is all while not one man can swear he ever saw George Junior actually FLY an airplane in the Texas National Guard.

Karl Heinz Roverer was the Nazi Party Chair back in the day and his grandson has learned from their effective use of propaganda
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Keeyth
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2004

Every time I hear the chimpresident speak I have this incredible urge to just shout LIAR!! at the top of my lungs. It just makes me sick to listen to him, and the stupidity that flows out of his mouth is so pathetic that is more sad than funny. I really can't believe this guy got elected again... ...shame on you, red(neck) states of America!
                  Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Keeyth
                    Every time I hear the chimpresident speak I have this incredible urge to just shout LIAR!! at the top of my lungs. It just makes me sick to listen to him, and the stupidity that flows out of his mouth is so pathetic that is more sad than funny. I really can't believe this guy got elected again... ...shame on you, red(neck) states of America!
                    You can return to your shovel and ditch now. Breaktime is over.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Bush isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's got that texan cowboy act down pat, and that won him votes with people who just wanted somewhat of a normal guy in office. Kerry, on the other hand, looked like he was just wheeled on a cart out of the front window of Macy's.

Comment

• blueturk
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                        Bush isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he's got that texan cowboy act down pat, and that won him votes with people who just wanted somewhat of a normal guy in office. Kerry, on the other hand, looked like he was just wheeled on a cart out of the front window of Macy's.
                        Yes, Kerry does look like a young Lurch, but Dudya looks and sounds like an illiterate, extremely shady used car salesman.

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." —George W. Bush, Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005
                        Last edited by blueturk; 06-27-2005, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                          Frankly, I thought that KERRY came across as an intelligent man that listened to the questions. He appealed to me as an American. But did I know that white America would find something to like about him because he didn't talk like JOHN WAYNE? Fuck yeah.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Re: Fresh Bushisms

Originally posted by FORD
                            I want to thank the President and the CEO of Constellation Energy, Mayo Shattuck. That's a pretty cool first name, isn't it, Mayo. Pass the Mayo. His wife, Molly, appreciated that.
                            Jesus Christ.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Fresh Bushisms

Originally posted by Rikk
                              Jesus Christ.
                              Staggering, isn't it?

Ladies and gentlemen, the leader of the free world.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...