X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Bonds done for the year...

It doesn't look like Barry Bonds will be lofting homers into McCovey Cove at all this season. The slugger said Monday he will probably miss the rest of the year after a recent MRI showed more swelling in his right knee.
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Finally some good news.

Comment

• tjvhou812
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

good
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

That shitpile rotted on my bench for 4 months....

Thanks for taking up a roster spot you dick.

P.S. I'll still draft you next year.
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• blueturk
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

What a fucking shame.

Comment

• HELLVIS
            Foot Soldier
            • Jul 2004

There is just no way possible that Bonds could be trying to stall long enough to piss clean. NO WAY!!!
            He throws a punch.
            He swings. I duck.
            His fat ass falls...
            Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

bonds has always said he cares about breaking ruth's record, not so much about aaron's.

i agree with hellvis. this is an easy way for him to "rehab" for a year and then come back.

if he's not the same player he was, then it's because he had to take a year off for an arthritic knee; and because he's now 41, going on 42 years old.

but as bad as he might be, he'll still get 12 homers in 2006 and pass ruth. (and have ready-made, non-steriod excuses for why his performance might not be as strong as it used to be.)

if he's strong next season, and comes close to passing aaron, i think he plays in 2007. if not, he'll still have passed ruth and then retire because of his knee problems.

Comment

• DLR7884
                ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

As a Bonds fan, I'm happy that he's waiting until next year. That way he won't look as pathetic as McGwire did when his career ended.

DLR7884
                The timing of this is perfect....Palmeiro goes down and Bonds slips away until next April.
                Originally Posted by WARF:
                DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                  As a Bonds fan, I'm happy that he's waiting until next year. That way he won't look as pathetic as McGwire did when his career ended.

DLR7884
                  The timing of this is perfect....Palmeiro goes down and Bonds slips away until next April.
                  Dude, he's gonna be 42 years old next year...let's say that this isnt a back room suspension by Bud Selig...that means that he has rediculously arthritic knees to not be able to come back THIS year.

If it's because of the steroids and he comesback next year 30 pounds lighter...well...

(and yes, I watched Sports Center this morning
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• DLR7884
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
                    (and yes, I watched Sports Center this morning
                    LOL.

He'll be fine next year.

Bonds at 75% is still better than most players in the league.

DLR7884
                    Good enough to hit enough dingers for 2 years to become the all time leader.
                    Originally Posted by WARF:
                    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Yeah, but he'll never be held in the same esteem as Henry Aaron, even if he does break the record.

Ryne Sandberg gave a great speech at the HOF ceremony. These current crop of players should pay attention.

It just pisses me off that my favorite player, Andre Dawson, who was clean and hit 438 home runs has a hard time getting 60% of the vote on the HOF ballot, and here we have pricks like McGwire, Sosa and Palmeiro that will probably have no problem getting in juiced.

Comment

• VonHalen
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jul 2005

that will hurt his chances to break the HR record

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Feb 2004

Bonds is a bitter a-hole, but he's no dummy.

By missing the season, Bonds can wean himself off the 'juice and by using the injury as a reason for the much thinner version of Barry Bonds we are going to see live in front of our steaming eyes in 2006.

With Balco still under investigation and all eyes on him as he pursues Hank Aaron, Bonds would have had to face intense media scrutiny - even more than Jason Giambi did in Spring Training.

He knows he's a shoe-in for the H.O.F., so why should he put than in jeopardy and put himself into a scenario 10 times worse than what Giambi went through, and what Rafael Palmeiro is now going through?
                          http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                            Yeah, but he'll never be held in the same esteem as Henry Aaron, even if he does break the record.

Ryne Sandberg gave a great speech at the HOF ceremony. These current crop of players should pay attention.

It just pisses me off that my favorite player, Andre Dawson, who was clean and hit 438 home runs has a hard time getting 60% of the vote on the HOF ballot, and here we have pricks like McGwire, Sosa and Palmeiro that will probably have no problem getting in juiced.
                            Bonds doesn't give a shit about the record. He wants to protect what he's already accomplished.

Sandberg gave a great speech today.

It's disgraceful that "The Hawk" isn't in the H.O.F. Tremendous talent.
                            The best all around player in the game for the better part of the 80's.
                            http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Excellent news. Barry Bonds is a racist prick. And anyone who thinks he is out for the year because of his knee(s) is sadly mistaken.
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...