X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bantonelli
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Boycotting Howard Stern

Just this morning I heard Howard Stern dissing Roth talking about how he's fallen from grace by vying for his job. He said that it's not news that Dave is gonna be on the radio, because he's done radio in the afternoons many times at the station. He said it's only news because he will be replacing me.

What really irked me was when he said "This guy used to be the lead singer for Van Halen, I used to idolize this guy. Now he's my Sammy Hagar."
    That was a low burn I thought. Fuck you Howard.

I won't be listening in on Stern at this point...What's the Point? Do I take it that Stern is alittle disgruntled at Infinity ? It's not as though DLR heard about Stern going to Satellite and decided to audition for the gig....It was offered to him! There is a difference.

Stern - listen loud/clear....

ROTH IS A ROCK LEGEND....Dave's title has a bit more weight than a "Shock Jock".....keep your mouth with your "Private Parts"...Envy will get you nowhere except Satellite Radio.

TOOTLES BA BA BOOEY !!!
    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08
  • Wonder Twins
    Roadie
    • May 2005

Diamond Dave rules. Howard us eto suck his ass whne he use to be a guest. The game has passed Howard by. Opie and Anthony kick his ass these days anyways.

Comment

• hungryfreakdad
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jun 2004

Stern also said, "Dave is a good guy" and wished him luck.
      The Hagar remark was that he is the replacement, like Hagar was a replacement. It was a joke. and kinda funny. Really ripping on Sam more than anything.......

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I wish I could have heard this myself!

Comment

• Keeyth
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by hungryfreakdad
          Stern also said, "Dave is a good guy" and wished him luck.
          The Hagar remark was that he is the replacement, like Hagar was a replacement. It was a joke. and kinda funny. Really ripping on Sam more than anything.......
          Not really. It was no joke. He also said that nobody would be listening to Dave for more than two minutes, much less two days. Artie said "Yeah, even when he was back with Van Halen everybody said they were great when he was singing, but no one could stand to listen to the guy when he started talking between songs."

He did say he liked Dave and all, but he was saying he's a has been and it's going to be a joke. Not intended in a friendly way at all. This was on the air between 7:20am to 7:35am PST this morning.
          Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Keeyth
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2004

He did not mean the Sammy thing as a nice reference at all, and I like Howard, but this was no 'friendly' comment. This was a straight up put down.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Howard Stern's how is basically about the same stuff Midgets, Retards, Farts and sex. Knowing Dave his show will be about everything and it'll be completly random off the wall shenagans, I personally really looking forward to it. Hey didn't say he was going to be at a different place each week? Hey Maybe a reunion is possible!!!
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Fuck, you guys take everything so fucking seriously, Howard's had Dave on a billion fucking times and respects him. I'm sure Dave had a laugh. Dave isn't as serious about himself as you guys are.

Boycott Howard. HAHA. I'm sure he'll be crushed considering he's going to satellite anyway in 2 months.

And Stern can buy and sell Dave 10x over, so come on with that nonsense.
                Last edited by Brett; 10-12-2005, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Even though I own stock in Sirius Sattelite radio, I still think Howard Stern is a total dumbfuck brown noser. Let's see I could listen to NHL, NBA, NFL, college football, any kind of music I want (Hell, there is even an all elvis station!), comedy radio that is funnier than this small-dicked ass licker. So don't bother listening to this asshole.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

I agree...

1. Who gives a fuck what Stern said...

2. Stern is the king of shock jocks...what...did you think he was going to say..."Here comes Dave, I'm darn happy..."

3. Do you think Dave...if he even cares...is going to do anything different because of this?

NO...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Well, Brett....are you a "Has Been" fan of DLR? Do you get people razzing you for admiring a so-called "Has Been"?

I would laugh about what Howard said if it was meant as a pun, but Howard is playing it off to you and other gullible listeners that he's happy to get out of the Infinity Gig.....but, come on, there is some underlying competitive feeling that Howard is feeling towards Dave. Sure, he's had Dave on a million times and they are friends supposedly, but if he and Artie are making lame comments about listeners probably only giving Dave a "2 minute attention span" - sounds to me like there is a bit of nervousness from the Stern camp, especially if Dave succeeds or not.

Once Stern hits Satellite, Dave will be the topic on his show so that Howard can try to prove that Stern and only Stern is King of all Media.

Watch out Stern Listeners....There's a New Kid In Town...guaranteeEEeeEEd to satisfyYYYYYyyyyYYY.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Keeyth
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2004

I agree, I was just pointing out the way it went down.

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

They are competeing in the same Format now so Dave and Howard
                          will kinda be dissin each other its the nature of the game.

Truthfully i say outloud in my house," Well, wonder what slut Howards
                          got on tonight.Maybe once amonth as-per his TV show.

I like him but thats all I Know of him hes cool on letterman
                          and he has made so much money as a DJ i gotta respect that.
                          OFF Subject:
                          Free speach on Pay Radio is going to FLOP!!! Sirrus is a joke.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                            Fuck, you guys take everything so fucking seriously, Howard's had Dave on a billion fucking times and respects him. I'm sure Dave had a laugh. Dave isn't as serious about himself as you guys are.

Boycott Howard. HAHA. I'm sure he'll be crushed considering he's going to satellite anyway in 2 months.

And Stern can buy and sell Dave 10x over, so come on with that nonsense.
                            Howard Stern has nowhere near the fucking money Dave has, you fucking IDIOT.

What a moron. Are you Howard's fucking accountant?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I'm not a fucking has been fan...

but if Dave can't take a goddamned crack about being Stern's "Sammy Hagar..."

Then Dave should quit now...

jesus christ...

Dave will be coming back at him soon...

and the only thing it will do is help his ratings...

who gives a fuck...

again...
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...