X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeyth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2004

Can you believe this movie Jarhead???

Has anyone seen the ads for this flick "Jarhead"?
    I think this looks like it is the ultimate blatantly glorified BCE recruitment film.
    They probably went to Hollywood and said "Hey, we've lost about 2000 men over there, and support for the war is at an all time low, as is our approval rating, so can you guys do a film glorifing this senseless deathtrap we've built over their and make it look inviting to teens and twenty-somethings? We tried it with Stealth, but it failed in the box office, so....
    I think it's disgusting.
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.
  • Keeyth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2004

OOO-Rah...

Gimme a fuckin break!

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Keeyth
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2004

I thank God for every day he gives me in the Corps... ( ...watching my buddies die around me for a war that means nothing.)

OOO-Rah...

Comment

• UGS
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2005

I see what you mean based on the previews, but the previews seem to be totally at odds with what the book on which the movie is based. I just finished reading it yesterday. . the author talks a lot about how the war was not the marines' to win or lose, but theirs to fight, and bitches a lot about what he hates about the corps.
        Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

I was more offended by Shaving Ryan's Privates, myself.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

I touhght it was aginst the war myself. It didn't really show it very positively.
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• EbDawson
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
              I touhght it was aginst the war myself. It didn't really show it very positively.
              Ditto. I think it comes out as an anti-war movie.
              "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Keeyth
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2004

I don't know. The trailers says "You see that jarhead, dreaming of serving his country? That jarhead is me" and "I love this job." etc.

Doesn't sound to anti-war to me.

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Hollywood makes "PRO" war movies these days? I work there and I must have missed something HUGE...this is DNC land my friend...

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Hollywood only makes pro-war movies if they involve aliens and Tom Cruise.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Just try to imagine an America where there never was a military to fight for everything we currently take for granted.
                      Then just be glad it didn't fall on you to lay down your life for the future liberty and freedom of others.

But then again, it's a lot like the spoiled kids who never had to earn anything for themselves. They don't appreciate anything that was provided to them at no cost to them personally.

Just try to remember that our military is a volunteer service that nobody twists our arm to join.
                      Then remember to thank a soldier for doing a job you can't do, or won't do, or whatever the reason is that you didn't enlist.

Agree or disagree, they all deserve and have more than earned our respect.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                        Hollywood makes "PRO" war movies these days? I work there and I must have missed something HUGE...this is DNC land my friend...
                        Exactly.

ALL war movies these days, well almost, are anti-war movies.

Keeyth, you had better look to the context in which these things you speak of were said.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• lazlor
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2004

"Hollywood makes "PRO" war movies these days? I work there and I must have missed something HUGE...this is DNC land my friend..."

you're in LA LA land Big Train? What do you do?

Comment

• Keeyth
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2004

I do respect all of our service men and women, and I support them.

I do not respect a movie trying to glamorize war, just for the sake of contiuing to provide future body bag filler for the pointless one we are involved in right now.

Starting a war under false pretenses is a crime.

Therefore George W. Bush should be charged and tried for War Crimes.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I think you should see the movie before you go off on a rant, Keeyth.

George W. Bush had full authorization from Congress before going to war with Iraq. George W. Bush had cited 18 UN resolutions that Iraq had not followed among his reasons for going to war. All of those resolutions are in writing, and can be proven to have not been followed by Iraq. It was perfectly legal.

Comment

Working...