X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millermoos
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2005

Do You trust the 'Media'?

Do we trust what the media tells us about the war in Iraq, terrorism and other things? Is there someone behind them, who is trying to manipulate how we see things? Are they making things bigger than what the really are are so that we will watch more tv and buy more newspapers? Or are they being true and objective?
    I was thinking this while I was reading a newspaper regarding an article about the Queen (which will not be of much interest to you in the USA but it is to some of us over here in England). Basically someone from a terrorist group linked to Bin Laden said they want to kill the Queen. On the following day on a major newspaper over here there was a picture of the Queen with a weird catch phrase ( I can't remember it exactly) with the meaning she only protects Christian religions but not Muslim religion or something on this line. First of all the magazine that put it on is against the Monarchy and to put it after they made a threat the day before to the Queen it's disturbing( does the magazine want to get read of the Queen? As Some major newspapers are run by working class Editors who hate the upper class and the Monarchy and what they stand for.Is Rupert Murdoch behind this? I don't think so but there are dark forces at play... ) as she never publicly said anything of the like and she supports religious tolerance because she is very well aware at how many Muslims there are in this country.
    Millermoos
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

You're a liar yourself, so what the fuck do you care ??

Bullshitting people starts with individuals, like yourself...

The next time you think you can't trust someone, look in the mirror...

And stop telling us about your fucking dyslexia and do something about it...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I trust some media.

Air America Radio.

The Guardian

Sydney Morning Herald

CBC

BBC

Keith Olberman Countdown (MSRNC)

The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart

Various independent online sources.

That's pretty much the extent of the trustworthy media these days.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        I trust some media.

Air America Radio.

The Guardian

Sydney Morning Herald

CBC

BBC

Keith Olberman Countdown (MSRNC)

The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart

Various independent online sources.

That's pretty much the extent of the trustworthy media these days.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

FORD also trusts the Democratic Underground for unbiased discussion.

Comment

• Keef
            Roadie
            • Jun 2004

I hope you guys are making money off of still supporting this treason.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

as long as they are liberal, I trust them, lol

Comment

• Millermoos
                Head Fluffer
                • Aug 2005

[Post #2]
                Originally posted by ELVIS

I only have one thing to say to you: ELVIS
                YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!! GET SOME THERAPY!!!! From your post I also gather that you are some sort of ex addict who does not trust people and you are e prejudiced with no manners and the brain of a peanut.
                Maybe you should start looking inside your hole before you make false accusations. Actually you should go and put up a thread for yourseld called: Grumpy old Man cos it really applies to you.
                Miller

Comment

• Millermoos
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2005

as long as they are liberal, I trust them.
                  I agree with this.
                  Millermoos

Comment

• scamper
                    Commando
                    • May 2005

I trust the weathermen they're never wrong...unless you count not being right as being wrong.

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I trust nobody, especially corporate media sources.

The media is only good for those who are incapable of thinking for themselves, case in point, we didn't have this kind of dissention before the internet and blogging.
                      Whereas the generations before us relied on each other, supported each other and defended each other...Today it's all about political football and outdoing "The Other Side".

It's actually quite pathetic what has become of this country. the division is destructive, but as long as your side comes out on top who gives a shit, right?

It is far and beyond time for America to remember its roots, and for some of you self important pompus assholes to remember that your freedom to speak your mind was paid for in blood that wasn't your's.

I just thank God that you weren't alive 100 years ago with this attitude or freedom would be something we long for instead of being something to abuse and piss on.

You're out of touch with reality, and you choose to be that way.

Thanks!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Follow the money. Everything has a bias and that usually is determined by who controls the money. Do you really think these reporters, journalists, and anchor people care about following the Associated Press Guidlines by being nuetral or keeping their jobs or selling a story? Follow the money! News like any product is niche marketed. Nobody is going to tell the whole truth. I say read both sides and come up with a conclusion yourself.

One thing I have learned traveling is most of what you read about countries poorly describes what is actually going on there. People who work in embassies rarely get out of their luxery homes, the nice resturants, and office in a big foriegn city. Most emassy workers know very little about the country they work in.

As far as the war in Iraq goes, as someone who is there or has been there instead of just relying on what the media tells you. I'm amazed that everyone I've talked to who served in Iraq says we are doing the right thing being there and most people there are grateful. Everyolne has an oppionion but I think too many times we get into our partisan biases and refuse to look at what the other side has to say or think for ourselves. Think for yourself. Don't let Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken do that for you.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Millermoos
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Aug 2005

I trust the weathermen they're never wrong...unless you count not being right as being wrong.
                          Good point.
                          In England the weatherman gets it wrong quite often. If I want to know how is the weather going to be I just put my head out of the window and I feel the air and look at the Sky.

Whereas the generations before us relied on each other, supported each other and defended each other...Today it's all about political football and outdoing "The Other Side".
                          Why do think this is happening Cathedral?
                          Over here is just total apathy.

usually is determined by who controls the money
                          One thing I have learned traveling is most of what you read about countries poorly describes what is actually going on there. People who work in embassies rarely get out of their luxury homes, the nice restaurants, and office in a big foreign city. Most embassy workers know very little about the country they work in.

Those two statements are true as well Nitro Express.
                          Millermoos

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Millermoos
                            ELVIS
                            YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!!!!!! GET SOME THERAPY!!!!
                            You got me all wrong, baby...

Comment

• Millermoos
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2005

Glad to know I got you all wrong.There is hope than.
                              Millermoos

Comment

Working...