X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Why should anyone trust the media?

Why should anyone trust artists/musicians/actors?

Why should anyone trust their government?

Why should anyone trust major, multinational corporations?

Why should anyone trust the church?

Why should anyone trust the party/politicians?

Why should anyone trust partisan/nationalist propaganda?

If you don't trust the media, fine, neither do I really? But what do you trust? What is the alternative?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-27-2005, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      I rank CBS, NBS, ABS, and MSNBS at the bottom of the pile.
      Where can I find "NBS" and "ABS" on TV?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        Yes, but some have no standards.

You're never going to convice me that O'Reilly is anything more than a hack filling a niche.'

How do you know I don't?
        Cuz you would have touted out that information a long time ago in one of the various journalism standards threads to try to give your opinion more weight. It's like me trying to convince veterans that my military strategy opinions count more than theirs because I have countless hours of Risk and war movies under my belt.
        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

But he came across as someone that believes that those watching The Daily Show don't know this, in fact there is a substantial amount of media criticism that goes on with that show, where they make fun of reporters and the way the news is selectively presented, like oh say, news-hero Anderson Cooper conveniently "saving" people in New Orleans...
          First of all, Ally, Thank You for taking a stand in my name, I'll take it from here, sweetie.

Ok, Nick, I Love ya like a brother i never met, but WHAT THE FUCK?

I came across as what?
          I was very clear on what i posted, there was no hidden meaning in any of it for me to come across as anything other than what i posted, unless you just didn't comprehend the text in front of your face.

Point #1: I never mentioned Bill O'Reilly at all in this thread, so you "assumed" something that isn't true based on something i didn't even say.

Point #2: The first line in my first post stated "I DON'T TRUST ANY MEDIA SOURCE"

So where is the confusion coming from, my friend?

Hey, if you all want to spend your time on this site arguing one invalid bullshit article over another, that's your problem. but don't put thoughts in my head or try to assume you know what makes me tick because you will never come to the right conclusion.

Bill O'Reilly is an Opinion Head, and i do agree with his views on some things, not all, but some.
          You see O'Reilly as something he isn't, I don't.
          Jon Stewart is a comedian, and I know everyone knows that, but this thread holds him in high regard as a journalist, and that's just ignorant.
          First of all, he isn't "Reporting" a damn thing, he's "Spoofing".
          What he does is no different than what Johnny Carson has done since he started on The Tonight Show with the only difference being the limits he was able to push it in the early days of television.

Excuse me, but i don't think The Daily Show qualifies as a legit media source any more than i think Fox News, CNN, BBC, or any other news outlet is in todays culture.
          let me re-state what you so blatently missed in my forst post, "I DON'T TRUST ANY MEDIA SOURCE!"

But i will say that out of all tv programming, Stewart makes me laugh on purpose.

Just do me a favor in the future, before you go putting words in my mouth to support what i think is skewed thinking. ask me to explain what you don't understand before making false assumptions.
          my PM box is still open, i'll respond as i have been to others for days.

And No, i am not "back" except to defend myself here and post a thread to remind some Bozo's what this country was all about since a little thing called The US Constitution was drafted.

Peace

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

But what do you trust? What is the alternative?
            I trust NOTHING!
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Millermoos
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2005

What is the alternative?
              Happy News anyone?
              Millermoos

Comment

• scamper
                Commando
                • May 2005

But what do you trust? What is the alternative?
                Trust your instincts, 99.9% of the people in this world are self serving it's just the way people are. There's nothing wrong with it as long as you learn to recognize it in them and yourself.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  Cuz you would have touted out that information a long time ago in one of the various journalism standards threads to try to give your opinion more weight. It's like me trying to convince veterans that my military strategy opinions count more than theirs because I have countless hours of Risk and war movies under my belt.
                  I'm sick of giving up personal info. to the fabulous internet psychos. It really serves nothing and gives no opinions any weight at all. So I'll say nothing, but I will say that I'm grate at RISK!! I bet I could conquer RUMMY's and Dumbya's territories in under half-an-hour...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                    First of all, Ally, Thank You for taking a stand in my name, I'll take it from here, sweetie.

Ok, Nick, I Love ya like a brother i never met, but WHAT THE FUCK?

I came across as what?
                    I was very clear on what i posted, there was no hidden meaning in any of it for me to come across as anything other than what i posted, unless you just didn't comprehend the text in front of your face.

Point #1: I never mentioned Bill O'Reilly at all in this thread, so you "assumed" something that isn't true based on something i didn't even say.

Point #2: The first line in my first post stated "I DON'T TRUST ANY MEDIA SOURCE"

So where is the confusion coming from, my friend?

Hey, if you all want to spend your time on this site arguing one invalid bullshit article over another, that's your problem. but don't put thoughts in my head or try to assume you know what makes me tick because you will never come to the right conclusion.

Bill O'Reilly is an Opinion Head, and i do agree with his views on some things, not all, but some.
                    You see O'Reilly as something he isn't, I don't.
                    Jon Stewart is a comedian, and I know everyone knows that, but this thread holds him in high regard as a journalist, and that's just ignorant.
                    First of all, he isn't "Reporting" a damn thing, he's "Spoofing".
                    What he does is no different than what Johnny Carson has done since he started on The Tonight Show with the only difference being the limits he was able to push it in the early days of television.

Excuse me, but i don't think The Daily Show qualifies as a legit media source any more than i think Fox News, CNN, BBC, or any other news outlet is in todays culture.
                    let me re-state what you so blatently missed in my forst post, "I DON'T TRUST ANY MEDIA SOURCE!"

But i will say that out of all tv programming, Stewart makes me laugh on purpose.

Just do me a favor in the future, before you go putting words in my mouth to support what i think is skewed thinking. ask me to explain what you don't understand before making false assumptions.
                    my PM box is still open, i'll respond as i have been to others for days.

And No, i am not "back" except to defend myself here and post a thread to remind some Bozo's what this country was all about since a little thing called The US Constitution was drafted.

Peace
                    Points well taken CAT. But I wasn't in any way saying that The DAILY SHOW was news or had journalistic credibility. What I am saying is that the fact that they're honest and say that they are fake news gives them one-up on the talking head bullshit networks that have pretentions as such, but seek not real news, but run images and info. that are little more than appealing ratings getters and teleprompter reading eye-candy (see FOX NEWS especially on that one). I like hot broads as much as anyone, but that's not why I watch the news...

And again, STEWART'S job title maybe one of comedian, but I would bank-on that he is as well read and educated as most journalists are. He is in fact a media critic using satire to take down news programs and journalists, whatever his shows topics.

No, I get my actual news from a paper, or from some printed or electronic form.

I believe Edward R. MURROW would enjoy The Daily Show, I also think the Bill O'REILLYs and FOX News/CNNs are making him turn over in his grave.

Comment

Working...