• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppg960
    Sniper
    • Dec 2005

Album Sales.

Scary thought.
    VH sold more albums with Hagar than with Roth.
    Lets be honest, Roth's career has been in steady decline in the last 10 years. The VH world needs to see Roth back with VH. They seem to have givin Sammy the boot.
    They came to Winnipeg in OCT 05. Good show but only 7000 people showed. If Roth was there it would have sold out.
    If ED and Dave could ditch there EGO's. The world would be a much better place!
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Scary thought:

You didn't bother to look up the sales figures on the Van Halen web site OR RIAA's official site, BOTH of which will tell you that CVH handily outsold Van Hagar.

In fact, just two of the CVH selections, Van Halen and 1984, have nearly outsold the entire Sam Halen catalog.

Get your facts straight.

Thanks for stopping by.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Anyone who actually attended a Van Hagar reunion concert has no busniess discussing CVH....
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.....

An obvious aversion to "Homework"......D-............

Go back to school................

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Re: Album Sales.

Originally posted by ppg960
          If Roth was there it would have sold out.
          This is saving you...

It's not even close in albums sales...not even remotely close...

unless you listen to Sam...who says he's outsold the Beatles...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

Roth solo stuff is in decline? The DLR band CD rockd, and Diamond Dave was pretty good.
            http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
            Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
            Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Hey Sammy!

"Time to tell the truth!"
              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
                Commando
                • Nov 2005

Scary thought.
                Lets be honest, Roth's career has been in steady decline in the last 10 years. The VH world needs to see Roth back with VH. They seem to have givin Sammy the boot.
                They came to Winnipeg in OCT 05. Good show but only 7000 people showed. If Roth was there it would have sold out.

And even if you were accurate, one could deflate your argument by pointing out that Sammy took Van Halen in a decidedly more pop direction, i.e. they sold out, thus making their product more appealing and marketable to "the masses" that respond to whatever the latest trend or fad happens to be as opposed to the relative select niche market that appreciates quality, timeless rock and roll that does not compromise its integrity in exchange for more record sales.

Your observation seems to assume that if the music sold a lot of units and made a lot of money, then it must be good or at least better than music that doesn't fair so well in the market. I respectfully disagree. After all, the Back Street Boys sold an awful lot of records to all those 12 and 13 year old girls.....does that mean their music is better than Classic Van Halen?

As to your banter about the career of David Lee Roth being in steady decline for the last ten years, I will not dignify it with a response except to say that I wish my career would decline to the point that I was being paid four million dollars a year to interview beautiful and famous people on the radio for four hours a day.

Comment

• bantonelli
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Re: Album Sales.

Scary thought.
                  Do the Math! VH may have made more albums with HAGAR, BUT YA KNOW WHAT? They were not all Platinum and ....the first CVH album sold over $10M....more than Van Hagar sold in during Spammy's entire run with the brothers.

It's all about the numbers SOLD and PLATINUM STATUS achieved based on Sales..........These issues, my friend, have been tackled and conquered ONLY by Classic Van Halen, which in essence means ROTH

And I must ask.......WHY do you say ROTH's career has been in steady decline....Need you wonder abouit ED, AL and now, the Bass Player who sells hot sauce for a buck?
                  "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

10 million albums DOESN'T outsell Hagar's entire run with VH....that's just not accurate...

both Van Halen and 1984 sold over 10 million...and every other album is platinum...

I'll post the exact numbers here in a second...

they are a bit old...but they prove the point...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2005

Last thing I want to do is get into it with a webbie! But, and I may be wrong, wikipedia states that Van Halen I reached "Diamond" Status on March 19, 1999. From memory, isn't diamond status accorded by the Recording Industry Association of America to albums that have sold at least ten million units world wide? I am also trying to find a reputable link that breaks down each Van Halen album in terms of sales but I keep getting a 404 error on the RIAA site, and the Billboard site has not been much help either.

Here is the link to Wikipedia on VHI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Halen_(album)#RIAA_Certification

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I don't disagree with anyone that says Van Halen 1 sold over 10 million...

because it did.

What I do disagree with is stating that Van Halen 1 outsold the entire Van Hagar catalog...

That's as ignorant as saying that Hagar outsold Roth as a VH lead singer...

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

The "Cherone CD" VHIII broke their consecutive streak of platinum recordings......

Comment

• fuckhowardstern
                            Commando
                            • Nov 2005

Ahhhh....glad we don't disagree. sorry about that - i see it clearly in your first post "both Van Halen and 1984 sold over 10 million" - I guess I should read more carfully before rushing to hit the submit button.
                            Last edited by fuckhowardstern; 12-10-2005, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Here's an outdated listing of the Classic album sales...couple years old I think...

VanHalen 10.3 Million
                              VanHalen II 5.7 Million
                              Women and Children First 4.3 Million
                              Fair Warning 3.4 Million
                              Diver Down 4 Million
                              1984 10 Million

Comment

Working...