X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faquar
    Groupie
    • Jan 2006

Dave's [i]Sister![/i]

Has the show jumped the shark? Today was the first time I've swithced to another channel since the 1st show. What a downer! And I think she's returning!?!

And the singing Dave tried today was horrible!

I'm trying so hard to like the show, regardless of its direction, but Dave's making it very, very hard.

Please get better... please!!
    :confused:
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

So don't listen to it, then.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Re: Dave's Sister!

Originally posted by Faquar
      Has the show jumped the shark? Today was the first time I've swithced to another channel since the 1st show. What a downer! And I think she's returning!?!

And the singing Dave tried today was horrible!

I'm trying so hard to like the show, regardless of its direction, but Dave's making it very, very hard.

Please get better... please!!
      :confused:
      hey faggar ...STFU...and welcome...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• loveuhowie
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jan 2006

Who knows.. today is sister co-hosting maybe tomorrow the mailman. DLR had got to take this show seriously. I really don't think his gives a crap.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• CVH Rulz
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2005

Lisa really added nothing to the show. I have a feeling they have great discussions with each other, and he thought that she'd be great.

He also has to let the others chime in when they choose and have an opinion on something and not put them on the spot all the time when they have nothing to say. It sounds bad. There were a few spots of dead air today. Kiss of death.

Dave needs an interesting, funny sidekick that will be a permanent fixture that people can get to know and like. He should audition some unknown DJ's (don't want anyone who will steal the spotlight) that can play off him and do more than just laugh at his jokes.

He could even bring them in for a week, and the listeners could vote who they like the best.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I'm listening to it right now...

Bad idea...

I think Dave has been getting progressively better by the day, but this pretty much sucks...

I'm listening to the first hour, and I'm compelled to say something I've been thinking since day one, and I'll try to be nice...

Brian Young is not good guitar player...

Most of you already know I'm no Brian Young fan anyway, but I'm listening to him noodling along with the tracks like he does every morning, and his playing is just lame...

No feeling, no nothing, and he plays Van Halen material in a very similar lifeless fashion...

His tone sucks too...

I personally could have done a better job with the Van Halen catalog than Brian...

Brian knows the notes, but totally lacks the feel, timing and all the nuances that made Edward so amazing...

I can do that stuff...

Ok, bash away!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The only playing of Brian's that I like is on Thug Pop, if that was indeed him...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Daves musical career of the last several years would have been much more interesting, had Dave stumbled on another amazing guitarist...

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Kinda like what Young does with the CVH stuff, myself. Saw him with Dave last year in St.Pete and he sounded and played well.

Wasn't really impressed with much of what he had to offer on the Diamond Dave CD, and I get the feeling that writing original material isn't his strong suit, but he's basically EVH in the endless Roth-led CVH Experience shows that have been going on since about 1999.

In some ways Bart Walsh sounded a bit better, but he had the stage presence of a wet sack of shit.

Brian does need to lose that Sideshow Bob haircut, though.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Think the whole idea of putting Dave on as one of Stern's replacements wasn't really a smart one, in terms of ratings sensibilities.

Totally dig the man and his music, but the reality of it is that the general public is always gonna think of Dave as the ex-lead singer of Van Halen and isn't gonna bother trying to accept him any other way. Seriously, how many die-hard DLR fans are out there now? People who are gonna go see him every time he tours and buy whatever release he puts out? 100,000...maybe? Am proud to count myself among whatever the number is, but Roth on talk radio was bound to be a curiosity for most, at best.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Bart Walsh was a much better player...

He was very good with the Van Halen material...

Bart wasn't much of a looker, LMAO...

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I have to agree with Elvis...Brian is not all that...I mean, for chrissakes, go to www.jasonbecker.com and listen to what THAT guy did with Roth's catalog...listen to his 'Yankee Rose' audition tape, or what he does with the 'Hot for Teacher' intro...then talk to me about Brian Young.

It's a shame what happened to that poor guy...

I must say, I'm dying to hear the show when I get home again!
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                            but Roth on talk radio was bound to be a curiosity for most, at best.
                            I dunno man...

Dave has boatloads of radio potential, I think he even approaches greatness at times...

The question is, will he be allowed enough time to settle in comfortably and really be creative and interesting...

It's Dog eat Dog, so...

Hmmm...

Comment

• chuckg1982
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Aug 2005

Anyone have pics of Lisa Roth?

Comment

Working...