Dems exploit King funeral for political gain.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Dems exploit King funeral for political gain.

from the Drudge Report

KING FUNERAL TURNS POLITICAL: BUSH BASHED BY FORMER PRESIDENT, REVEREND
    Tue Feb 07 2006 15:49:48 ET

Today's memorial service for civil rights activist Coretta Scott King -- billed as a "celebration" of her life -- turned suddenly political as one former president took a swipe at the current president, who was also lashed by an outspoken black pastor!

The outspoken Rev. Joseph Lowery, co-founder of Southern Christian Leadership Conference, ripped into President Bush during his short speech, ostensibly about the wife of Martin Luther King Jr.

"She extended Martin's message against poverty, racism and war. She deplored the terror inflicted by our smart bombs on missions way afar. We know now that there were no weapons of mass destruction over there," Lowery said.

The mostly black crowd applauded, then rose to its feet and cheered in a two-minute-long standing ovation.

A closed-circuit television in the mega-church outside Atlanta showed the president smiling uncomfortably.

"But Coretta knew, and we know," Lowery continued, "That there are weapons of misdirection right down here," he said, nodding his head toward the row of presidents past and present. "For war, billions more, but no more for the poor!" The crowd again cheered wildly.

Former President Jimmy Carter later swung at Bush as well, not once but twice. As he talked about the Kings, he said: "It was difficult for them then personally with the civil liberties of both husband and wife violated as they became the target of secret government wiretaps." The crowd cheered as Bush, under fire for a secret wiretapping program he ordered after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, again smiled weakly.

Later, Carter said Hurricane Katrina showed that all are not yet equal in America. Some black leaders have blamed Bush for the poor federal response, and rapper Kayne West said that Bush "hates" black people.

Developing...

Sick people ...

Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Jimmy Carter never revealed which party was doing the tapping on MLK, did he?

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      Jimmy Carter never revealed which party was doing the tapping on MLK, did he?

Wasn't that more about J. Edgar Hoover than who was actually in office at the time?
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Pure scum...

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
          Commando
          • May 2004

It is know surprise that the event turned political, there were over 300 speakers. Someone had to fire a shot across the bow, with all the media coverage who could resist. I have to say that it is tough being a Republican these days. I am not a supporter of the war, I feel we should have gone after Al Qaeda, not a whole country. With that said though, 9-11 was no illusion. Liberals bitch and moan about the violation of civil liberties and privacy, yet they offer no suggestions on how to fight the war on terrorism. Both Dems and Republicans can't seem to get it right. Bush preaches how important National security is yet our borders are wide open. As far as Katrina goe's, blaming Bush is bullshit. Those people were given fair warning to get the hell out of Dodge. Those that were educated and understood the seriousness of the situation packed up and left. The majority that stayed were Government weened welfare recipients, who stayed thinking that Uncle Sam would swoop in knock out the hurricane and drop welfare checks from the sky. There was a fleet of buses ready to transport them to a safer location until the hurricane passed, but the dumb ass Mayor/plumber refused them. Needless to say there was a fleet of fueled buses underwater. Kanye West [aka] DUMB FUCK blames the President???? A hurricane hit New Orleans not The President. The Absurdity Of Life continues.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This thread reads like a fucking KKK meeting.

Fuck all of you, and God Bless Dr King, Mrs. King, President Carter, and all of those not afraid to speak the truth.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Fuck all of you, and God Bless Dr King, Mrs. King, President Carter, and all of those not afraid to speak the truth.
              Relax, Ford....it hardly comes across as a KKK meeting but we can ask Robert Byrd or even my uncle Chuck about that comparison.

I watched the memorial and i saw some jabs taken, but it was nothing like the Paul Wellstone Rally.

If i knew that Mrs. King didn't feel the same way as what was said i would call it disgusting, but since she has pretty much made the same claims herself i didn't see it as something out of place.
              Her death didn't remove her passion from these issues, it inspired others to keep her view of it alive.

I respected her husband and i respect her for never giving up on Martin's dream.
              may God bless her and keep her, and i know that right now she is walking across the clouds with her husband with not a care in the world...this country is a better place because of them being in it.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral

I respected her husband and i respect her for never giving up on Martin's dream.
                may God bless her and keep her, and i know that right now she is walking across the clouds with her husband with not a care in the world...this country is a better place because of them being in it.

Amen.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Double-dog AMEN!

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

I agree that Carter and that other guy had the right to call Bush a Dueche Bag etc. But just not a Fucking Funeral, I mean come on If you we dead would you like politics being discussed during a moment which was supposed to honor your life. Bush, While still a Dueche Bag at least didn't mention political policies while the funeral was going on.
                    BTW Correta and MLK are both great Americans and would be very ashamed at what the Black Community in America has turned into. (See Post 1996 Rap Music, Racial Sterotypes in the media And The Welfare System.),
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I thought funerals were to honor the dead person in the coffin and help give the family some closure.

It all goes to show you politicians in any party are all rats using a high profile funeral for political stabbing. It's tottaly beyond good taste and decency. Shameful.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Roy Munson
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

LOL!!!

Show us that liberal spirit, FORD. Nice. I know you know what's right. Quit shilling for your coward party puppets.

What Jimbo Carter and that doofus minister did was desecrate the honor of Mrs. King. Plain and simple. There is a time and place for political shenanigans and A MOTHER FUCKING FUNERAL FOR A PERSON OF SUCH CULTURAL IMPORTANCE AS MRS. KING IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Jimmy Carter is a mother-fucking coward. Always has been and always will be. He showed some of that festering weezil pizazz today and basically made a fool of himself and the people that egged him on.

Gotta love that black reverend, too. Way to taint the final farwell to a person who tried as hard as she could to stick up for his rights and credibility as a black person.

It's just fucking dispicable...but certainly NOT surprising.
                        Originally posted by ELVIS
                        I guess you're right...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

When you honor the dead, you cannot do so without speaking of their life.

You cannot avoid politics, civil rights, and the struggle for peace, freedom, and equality when discussing Coretta Scott King's life.

That WAS her life. And to pretend it wasn't just because a fucking chimp who hates those things was in the audience, would be like pretending that the dear lady and her husband never walked this earth at all.

Which would be just fine with the neocons, of course
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Roy Munson
                            LOL!!!

Show us that liberal spirit, FORD. Nice. I know you know what's right. Quit shilling for your coward party puppets.

What Jimbo Carter and that doofus minister di was desecrate the honor of Mrs. King. Plain and simple. There is a time and place for political shenanigans and A MOTHER FUCKING FUNERAL FOR A PERSON OF SUCH CULTURAL IMPORTANCE AS MRS. KING IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

Jimmy Carter is a mother-fucking coward. Always has been and always will be. He showed some of that festering weezil pizazz today and basically made a fool of himself and the people that egged him on.

Gotta love that black reverend, too. Way to taint the final farwell to a person who tried as hard as she could to stick up for his rights and credibility as a black person.

It's just fucking dispicable...but certainly NOT surprising.
                            Wow. What an issue this is! I mean, is sooooo much more important to talk about politicized funeral orations, as opposed to, I don't know, civil liberties being trashed via NSA electronic surveillance...

Yeah, would Matt "packing ass fudge" DRUDGE have ever commented on circumstance involving Republicans bashing Democrats (like KARL ROVE bullshitting about liberals). Funny, but I doubt it. I mean, you think a gay hack or a journalist that rips most of his website off from the AP or "liberal newspapers" would be more contrite, but I guess not... Buddy, you just got your whole shtick from a Republican ball-fluffer.

He jumped the shark the minute CLINTON left office, and exposed himself as a ass-humping partisan as opposed to the anti-establishment underground Indy-journalist he once pretended to be...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-07-2006, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

When you honor the dead, you cannot do so without speaking of their life.

You cannot avoid politics, civil rights, and the struggle for peace, freedom, and equality when discussing Coretta Scott King's life.

That WAS her life. And to pretend it wasn't just because a fucking chimp who hates those things was in the audience, would be like pretending that the dear lady and her husband never walked this earth at all.

Which would be just fine with the neocons, of course
                              FORD, cut the crap.

More 'neocons' voted for the Civil Rights Act in 1964 by percentage than did the party you belong to. Not to mention it was a Republican that freed them in the first place.

Neocon shmeocon.

Comment

Working...