• Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

U2 Wins Five Grammys

U2 Upstages Carey With Five Grammy Awards
    AP - Thu Feb 9, 5:38 AM ET

LOS ANGELES - The Grammys finally showed Mariah Carey a little love — with an emphasis on "little." Though Carey, 2005's biggest pop success, had a leading eight nominations and the chance to make history with the most Grammys won by a woman in a single night, she went home with just three trophies Wednesday. She lost in all of the major categories she was nominated for, including record, song and album of the year. Instead, U2 got all the Grammy glory, as the perennial favorites captured five Grammy awards for their album "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb," including album of the year.

• m_dixon1984
    Foot Soldier
    • Aug 2004

Proof positive that the 4 horsemen have saddled up and are riding forth.
    Makes me want to puke!
    Although, their competition for Rock album was weak (Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Rolling Stones, Neil Young) I probably would have voted for Foo Fighters just avoid a U2 or Coldplay posibility.
    M
    http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Stones should have won the rock album simply because it IS their most rockin album in 25 years. But U2's record was damn good too.

As for Neil Young, I haven't heard the whole album, but if the songs he played on SNL a few months ago were representative of it, then it isn't a rock album by any means.

As for Coldplay, if those fucking wanna-be's ever win in a category over U2, I will personally kill them. That would be like Great White taking an award from Zeppelin.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

U2's own shadows beat the Stones's second (third?) own shadows (sorry FORD, my friend, you know I'm a Stones fan though, but in retrospect, "A Bigger Bang" sounds like a wet firecracker...) and who? Coldplay? They're so dull! Neil Young? I dunno.

Well. Here in France, it's no secret, rock music is more than neglectible, as it's more or less always been. But there are quite a few underground bands that REALLY rock, who are 1,000 times as kickass and as worthy as those that are SOLD everywhere. In a way, it doesn't matter, for they find their audiences. But they aren't rewarded for their value, because many cannot really make ends meet as the bull the music market will sell: I know so bands that are so good that, IMO, they are kept away from big stages WILLINGLY, so that they won't overshadow the silly bands that sell loads and loads of the crappy records that are advertised over and over.

Music, as well as movies, literature, information or politics, have been levelled so lower and lower that critical judgement is becoming a luxury product. I'm sure that there are dozens of real great bands in the US, Britain, Australia and a little everywhere, which are kept in the shadow for the same reasons.
        Hey, is it normal to get three old glories competing together with such a joke as Coldplay??
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          As for Coldplay, if those fucking wanna-be's ever win in a category over U2, I will personally kill them.
          It's producers and their accomplices, the media, who have been nullifying music for years who should be beheaded IMO.

Originally posted by FORD
          That would be like Great White taking an award from Zeppelin.
          But U2 is to Led Zep what Coldplay is to U2... They definitely don't belong to the same categories.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• jslav06
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2006

Honestly, I never could stand U2. I'd probably vote Foo Fighters if anything.
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
            I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• flappo
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

u2 are so lame they make the darkness look kewl

fucking shit band

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jslav06
                Honestly, I never could stand U2.

Amen to that!

I have never understood the appeal. U2, in my opinion, = liquid shit.
                23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

For a minute there it seemed like Bono was going to go into some 'politicial' speech or something.

Take the fucking award and just shut the fuck up.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

U2 hasn't made anything interesting during the last 10-15 years

They do have some hope on the horizon, maybe someone kills Bono next year
                    Originally posted by Cato
                    Golden, why are you FAT?
                    Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by flappo

fucking shit band
                      ditto

and if i hear bono spouting off about the world i'll be forced to evacuate my bowels over you all
                      i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

fucking shit band
                        amen...but awards seem to be for gay projects this year anyway...
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

More fucking proof that music sucks dick more than Jm J Bullock at Clay Aiken's homo bath house....

U2 is my most hated band. They stink.
                          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

fire up those furnaces!
                            i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                              Sniper
                              • Aug 2005

Five grammys for U2?

Please. I didnt even watch that worthless circus.

U2 Wins 5 grammys...Coldplay sounds just like U2

The only reason I wish I watched the grammys was so

I could see the tribute to Wilson Pickett...a real fucking talent.

U2 is known as the worlds greatest rock band? Is this really

what the public thinks? Sorry...count me the fuck out...

Comment

Working...