Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Break out the Drums! It's time for and Orange march!!!

Comment

• singerman
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      The Crowes's music and stage performances are convincing enough in themselves. You could type as many arguments in favor of U2 as you want, I won't change my mind: I never could stand anything they did after "Rattle & Hum", that's all.
      I'm not shooting you but your argument... Record sales will never be any proof of greatness to me.
      Because then you would claim that R. Sambora is a greater musician than Jeff Beck, or that R. Williams is a greater act than Iggy Pop...

Well, anyway, better than dozens of lines, here's a link to a Black Crowes vid shot in 2001:

Click on pause and let it upload before playing it, so that it doesn't stop and go.
      Enjoy!
      The black crowes are a great band,ive been singing in a band for about ten years and weve covered a couple of their songs in our early days, but i just dont think they have been able to touch as wide audience as a band like U2,my band plays quite a wide range of bars and clubs and somtimes we change our set list slightly to suit a particular venue and the songs that are never ever dropped are the U2 ones,be it a heavy rock venue or night club.People just love them,and that hasnt got anything to do with album sales?
      And i would never claim that any musician is better than another when they play completely different styles of music!, but just to make a point,are you suggesting that jeff beck writes and plays better, cheesy American cock rock than sambora?..... or are you saying sambora writes and plays better blues,rock songs than jeff beck?...see my point?...you cant compare them....anyway back to the original disscussion!....any band that can have a consistant broad fan base,spreading across the entire world selling out large arenas everywhere,selling shit loads of records year after year after year is in a different league to most other bands,love or hate them you cant argue with the statistics!...they are one only a few bands that can claim those stats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        Break out the Drums! It's time for and Orange march!!!
        I guess you're not aware that U2 is three-fourths Protestant (Anglican) by birth. Larry Mullen Jr. was the only member born Catholic. And the IRA once threatened BONO when he shredded an Irish flag onstage in Germany during the ZooTV tour...

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

nothing like a bit of good old fashioned irish sectarianism!

quick, you hold him down while i blow his knee caps off

and they seemed like such nice boys
          Originally posted by flappo
          i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
          translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            I guess you're not aware that U2 is three-fourths Protestant (Anglican) by birth. Larry Mullen Jr. was the only member born Catholic. And the IRA once threatened BONO when he shredded an Irish flag onstage in Germany during the ZooTV tour...
            Well that fucks up my insults toward them. But you have to admit that U2 and Geldof are 100% cunts! They should have had Sam Kinison run Live Aid:

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by singerman
              People just love them [U2's songs],and that hasnt got anything to do with album sales?

[...]any band that can have a consistant broad fan base,spreading across the entire world selling out large arenas everywhere,selling shit loads of records year after year after year is in a different league to most other bands,love or hate them you cant argue with the statistics!...they are one only a few bands that can claim those stats
              Bon Jovi can be said to be a great band, then, after your criterion: record sales.
              Sorry, that's still no definite sign of quality.

All that you can honestly conclude about the fact MOST people dig them is U2 are mainstream... Round angles, smooth, catch-all melodies... overmediatized.
              Nothing they've been playing for more than 15 years (but there already were a few pretty empty tracks in "The Unforgettable Fire" and "The Joshua Tree IMO) contains the least risk.
              I saw a DVD of one of their last two tours... What a bore. And how many people to see such an average music act. :eek:
              Most people, yeah, most people...
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                But you have to admit that U2 and Geldof are 100% cunts!
                HA!

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I've never understood the hate here for U2...LOL

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

where do i start?

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

you gotta be joking, at the moment theres nobody to touch U2 for popularity.
                      Since when did popularity mean a band was good? The Ramones were NEVER popular. They are the second greatest band of all time (AC/DC first) as far as I'm concerned.

U2 sucks cock. Period.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• singerman
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

ok i give up.... what the hell makes a great band then? cos ive mentioned plenty of facts that add up to a band being cosiderd 'great' but everyone seems to think that apparantly its not about filling arenas with people,selling millions of albums,writing songs that appeal across different musical tastes or winning awards.Ok doing those things ONCE, in a bands lifetime is fantastic, but for a band to do it time and time again for over twenty years and not be cosidered one of the 'greats'!??.....jesus

Comment

• singerman
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                          Since when did popularity mean a band was good? The Ramones were NEVER popular. They are the second greatest band of all time (AC/DC first) as far as I'm concerned.

U2 sucks cock. Period.
                          Being popular is one the small things that add up to being a great band i didnt suggest for one minute that U2 were great just because they are popular!....

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Being popular is one the small things that add up to being a great band i didnt suggest for one minute that U2 were great just because they are popular!....
                            ABBA is popular. Barry Manilow is popular. Mariah Carey is popular. But they are not GREAT. Bands that actually play great music are great. U2 is VERY popular, but they are not great!
                            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• jslav06
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2006

OK. OK. singerman Stop your babbling...
                              U2 has accomplished alot. Selling out arenas, selling millions of albums, winning awards, and they have done it for a very long time. BUT, in my opinion and MY opinion only. U2 is a band that they are overrated. The songwriting is decent, but kinda bland. Their live performance (which I saw with my friend for free) was pretty boring and nothing to write home about. What makes a band great is the overall chemistry, performance, and songwriting. They have mediocre songwriting (especially now, uno(1) dos(2) tres(3) catorce(14)? WTF) and their performance was just kinda boring. Thats my OPINION.

By the way this is a hilarious article on The Best Page in the Universe about How to Dismantl an Atomic Bomb.
                              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/jslav06/pbf.gif
                              I rule because I make the Rules.

Comment

• singerman
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                                ABBA is popular. Barry Manilow is popular. Mariah Carey is popular. But they are not GREAT. Bands that actually play great music are great. U2 is VERY popular, but they are not great!
                                please read my last post as i clearly stated that being popular is just one of the small things that....god can i really be bothered

Comment

Working...