• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lafours
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2004

Dave Navarro pretty much shoots down VH-Rockstar Rumors

from his site:

I am going to postpone tonight's Spread Radio Live until tomorrow night as I have a satellite interview with Donnie Deutsch and Mark Burnett this evening. I don't know when it airs. A lot of rumors around about the next Rockstar season. I cannot really speak about it yet but I can say that all of the rumors are inaccurate....
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Maybe it's the Plasmatics...

Comment

• bantonelli
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

Well, if its NOT VH, then I can resume doing more recreational things in the Great Outdoors, rather than be inside watching a Train Wreck in the middle of summer.

Perhaps it's time the ARMY go to a DLR Summer Concert instead Now, that would make my Summer Sizzzzzzle.....

I think, though, that if it's not VH, Rockstar's ratings will have a hard time staying in the #1 timeslot....but that's okay by me. Maybe the Sisters have come to their senses,

We can only hope......or if you are like those at the VHLinks....your motto is: Let us Pray... ???
      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bantonelli

I think, though, that if it's not VH, Rockstar's ratings will have a hard time staying in the #1 timeslot....but that's okay by me.
        You're in dreamland, sweetie...

What year is it in your part of the world, because over here, it's 2006...

And this isn't the first time I had these thoughts of you...

Nobody hardly knows who David Lee Roth and Van Halen are anymore, outside of this place...

Van Halen and even Dave did this to themselves...

They both have a knack for career suicide...

Look at 2003...

After the Sam and Dave tour, Dave's name was out there...

A good album had potential to spark some interest...

What did he do ??

Put out an album that his hardcore fans don't even like!!!

Anyway, I'm just rambling...

I appreciate your almost innocent love for anything DLR and classic Van Halen, but wake up honey...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Actually, Elvis, you make a good point.

However, Lindsay Lohan putting "Jump" in one of her movies and teen's constant fascination with VINTAGE Rock will keep others interested in the original VH, aside from us diehards.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            You're in dreamland, sweetie...

What year is it in your part of the world, because over here, it's 2006...

And this isn't the first time I had these thoughts of you...

Nobody hardly knows who David Lee Roth and Van Halen are anymore, outside of this place...

Van Halen and even Dave did this to themselves...

They both have a knack for career suicide...

Look at 2003...

After the Sam and Dave tour, Dave's name was out there...

A good album had potential to spark some interest...

What did he do ??

Anyway, I'm just rambling...

I appreciate your almost innocent love for anything DLR and classic Van Halen, but wake up honey...

Abso-fucking-lutely fuckin' - A right!
            I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Thank you...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

There is no fascination with VH...it was probably just something cute that fit that gay ass movie...

Elvis is 100% correct here...

VH would generate buzz...

but not the good kind...

more like the buzz of one of those freakin' buzzer that are supposed to shock you...but just end up annoying the shit out of you in the end...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

The sad part is that whenever they show Dave on VH1 or MTV they ridcule him and put him on the level of Vanilla Ice, Basically only remebering him for "Just A Gigolo", And then saying he has no money and all this shit. All of course fucking lies. Remeber the parady whats his name did of him on SNL, Basically saying that Nobody Understood what Roth was saying "Zibbe-Dee-Bop". Thats Bullshit to treat the Most kick ass rock and roller of all time with that respect.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

~Ha!~

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      The sad part is that whenever they show Dave on VH1 or MTV they ridcule him and put him on the level of Vanilla Ice, Basically only remebering him for "Just A Gigolo", And then saying he has no money and all this shit. All of course fucking lies. Remeber the parady whats his name did of him on SNL, Basically saying that Nobody Understood what Roth was saying "Zibbe-Dee-Bop". Thats Bullshit to treat the Most kick ass rock and roller of all time with that respect.
                      Who gives a shit about parody's...

As Roth said...if they really wanted to be taken seriously...IE...Van Halen...Roth would have been back in 1996...

They chose to make it all a joke...by being a joke...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Who gives a shit about parody's...

As Roth said...if they really wanted to be taken seriously...IE...Van Halen...Roth would have been back in 1996...

They chose to make it all a joke...by being a joke...

It's a horrible parady thats why, Have you seen it? Its just Chris-whathisname saying the line from, "Just A Gigolo", its like doing an impression of John Lennon and just saying "Number 9" over and over again. If it was a good parody I wouldn't be complaining

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Yeah, I saw it...but Saturday Night Live is about as relevant as...well...Van Halen...

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            Yeah, I saw it...but Saturday Night Live is about as relevant as...well...Van Halen...
                            True, True

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              For the record - this hardcore fan LOVES Diamond Dave!
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...