• Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Eric Singer leaving KISS????

Got this off of www.tommythayersucks.net
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

According to a rumor at Metal Sludge, Eric is pissed off and has left KISS. They have recruited some guy named Denny Carmassi.

Here's the full rumor :

"Expect an announcement shortly - according to Bruce Kulick. Eric Singer is frustrated with KISS and has left the band. Denny Carmassi will be the new KISS drummer. Carmassi credits include Montrose, Sammy Hagar, Heart, Cinderella (Long Cold Winter) and Coverdale/Page.

Apparently Carmassi was recommended by Singer himself and KISS just were not in a position to do a world wide search for a new drummer. Since they are not recording a new album anytime soon, they just need someone to fill in for the selected shows that KISS will be doing in 2006/2007.

It is not known if Carmassi will be donning the Peter Criss makeup, but I suppose it looks likely. Kulick also mentions that Carmassi is the best of the best. Maybe too good for KISS."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck, can this get any dumber?? gayer? dressing up Eric as Peter was as gay as ever -- getting another dude to do the same is just plain stupid.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Isn`t Carmassi older than Kiss?

He played on "Montrose".

So much for Paul`s idea of getting younger guys to carry the band on after he and Gene are gone.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Paul must feel that he has a "nice dick"...
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

You didn't think that KISS would be stopped by this did you?

I am the biggest KISS fan you can get, and I'm sick to death of the never ending farewell. I was able to accept Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St. John, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer, and any of the numerous session guys over the years, because the band was at least making new albums. But now it's clear that it's just Paul and Gene making money, sticking new guys in the old makeup and touring incessantly.

If these four (with Thayer and Carmasi) would make an album, I'd buy it. Hell, I'd go see the show. But I won't go see them anymore to see what is turning into novelty act.
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• fenway5150
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
          You didn't think that KISS would be stopped by this did you?

I am the biggest KISS fan you can get, and I'm sick to death of the never ending farewell. I was able to accept Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St. John, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer, and any of the numerous session guys over the years, because the band was at least making new albums. But now it's clear that it's just Paul and Gene making money, sticking new guys in the old makeup and touring incessantly.
          I'm with you on that. I'm a huge fan of Kiss and although the original lineup was THE lineup....it was fine to move on with other members because they were introduced as just that....now new guys come in and wear makeup worn by the original members. At least they had Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent where their own makeup. I don't really see them as Kiss anymore to be honest with you....it's kind of similar to a broadway play at this point.....actors portraying the real thing.
          "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
          - DLR, 2004

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Denny Carmassi?

Ex Montrose /Hagar drummer who then went to mid 80's cheese version of Heart and was last seen with the Lord of All Velveeta Himself, David Coverversion??

Geezus, it's time to climb in those Kiss Kaskets and throw some fucking dirt on 'em.

They are officially a bigger joke now than when they released "The Elder"
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Carmassi, from the bands I've heard him play with, is a decent drummer, but KISS should just stop.

Kinda seemed appropriate for Singer to step in after Criss left in 2000/2001 and put on the makeup (am sure the bottom line behind that was Criss wanted more money, which is something that irked me: how Gene and Paul were making more than Ace and Peter from the reunion. Hey, fuckers! If it weren't for those two, there wouldn't have BEEN a reunion), since Singer was kinda stiffed when KISS went the reunion route in 1995/1996. Also, KISS were in the middle of the tour when Peter left. And being a longtime fan of classic KISS, it was probably a dream of Singer's to be able to perform with the band in makeup.

Just lost respect for the band when Ace and Criss decided enough was enough, and Gene and the Queen got Thayer and Singer to stand in for them and wear their getups.

Funny how Gene and Paul always make references to Ace numbing himself with booze, yet Frehley was the one who seemed to realize that the neverending reunion tour was getting a bit sad by going on too long.

Singer did the right thing by packing it in. He was just aiding and abetting a rock and roll felony these last few years.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Singer recently gave an interview where he sounded MORE than a little pissed off at G&P.......let me see if I can remember where I read that..........

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Singer recently gave an interview where he sounded MORE than a little pissed off at G&P.......let me see if I can remember where I read that..........

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                    I think I remember this interview -- very recent.
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Denny Carmassi?

Ex Montrose /Hagar drummer who then went to mid 80's cheese version of Heart and was last seen with the Lord of All Velveeta Himself, David Coverversion??

Geezus, it's time to climb in those Kiss Kaskets and throw some fucking dirt on 'em.

They are officially a bigger joke now than when they released "The Elder"
                      A much bigger joke, yes, I agree.

At least with the Elder, they were still a "real" band and not some touring circus act with replacement players.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Pathetic.

They should pack it in. The FAREWELL TOUR was 2000. It's 2006. They've never announced the end of that tour.

Remember Paul saying "You know, you hear bands like THE WHO say this is their farewell tour and you laugh and think, sure...you'll be playing again in a year. THIS TIME, this is really it because we want to go out on top." I remember actually respecting that (though kind of hoping that the original line-up would stay together and do a couple of real KISS albums).

Now, I have no respect at all. I love KISS (from 1974-2000), but they finished that year. The only people that don't realize it is Gene and Paul.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• amadeus
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

KISS "Doing It For The Money Tour" coming to a town near you ~ Summer 2006

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            Pathetic.

They should pack it in. The FAREWELL TOUR was 2000. It's 2006. They've never announced the end of that tour.

Remember Paul saying "You know, you hear bands like THE WHO say this is their farewell tour and you laugh and think, sure...you'll be playing again in a year. THIS TIME, this is really it because we want to go out on top." I remember actually respecting that (though kind of hoping that the original line-up would stay together and do a couple of real KISS albums).

Now, I have no respect at all. I love KISS (from 1974-2000), but they finished that year. The only people that don't realize it is Gene and Paul.
                            Technically, Paul didn't lie.

Only the 1996 tour featured the REAL Kiss.

Of course the fact that they continue to milk it with the roadie guitarist and revolving door drummers (in Ace & Peter's makeup, no less) is pathetic.

Why do Kiss fans put up with the makeup bait & switch anyway? Eric Carr had his own makeup. So did Vinnie Vincent. If Carmassi (or whoever plays the drums next month) goes out there in Eric Carr's makeup, it would be seen in really bad taste because Carr is dead. Or at least I hope so, but this is Kiss we're talking about. Bad taste isn't a barrier, is it?
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              Technically, Paul didn't lie.

Only the 1996 tour featured the REAL Kiss.

Of course the fact that they continue to milk it with the roadie guitarist and revolving door drummers (in Ace & Peter's makeup, no less) is pathetic.

Why do Kiss fans put up with the makeup bait & switch anyway? Eric Carr had his own makeup. So did Vinnie Vincent. If Carmassi (or whoever plays the drums next month) goes out there in Eric Carr's makeup, it would be seen in really bad taste because Carr is dead. Or at least I hope so, but this is Kiss we're talking about. Bad taste isn't a barrier, is it?
                              No, not with Gene and Paul.

The 1998-99 and the 2000 tours also featured the REAL Kiss (Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter).

Eric was brought in for the remaining Aussie and Japan dates of the Farewell tour in 2001.

He stayed there until Peter rejoined for the Symphony and tour with Aerosmith in '03 (at which time Ace was gone and replaced by Tommy Thayer).

Then Peter was booted out and Eric brought back in for the sad 2004 rock the nation tour.

I can tolerate these dudes in KISS, they are good players. But why dress up as Pete and Ace??? We all know its about money. Funny how most of the merchandise is sold with Ace and Peter's likeness on shirts, etc.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

Working...