X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I just had the sh@t scared outta me!

So, here I am with a bad case of insomnia, listening to some Catholic-extremist-offshoot cult member on Coast-to-Coast AM and posting here. I' wanna get some sleep. so I go to fix myself a little drinkie (vodka & tonic), and I hear the rustling sound outside the open window of my humble abode. It almost sounds like someone is walking around my place or something, so I get my big-ass "cop" flashlight in case I have to lay-into some fucker.

I shine it out the window, and a goddamn skunk was mowing my garbage I forgot to put into a can. Of course, this happens every once in a while, but the fact that it was a skunk was pretty disconcerting. I'm not getting sprayed, so I slammed the window so he couldn't get any of that nasty toxic venom inside, and I guess that scared him off...

• Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The little fucker's back!

Comment

• kentuckyklira
      Veteran
      • Sep 2004

Do people eat skunks?
      http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Damn!

sometimes we have foxes do the same thing!
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've seen the occasional raccoon around here, even though I'm well inside city limits. But foxes and raccoons don't stink, so it's a lot easier to scare them off.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, the little cunt came back and was mocking me as I shined my light in his eyes. I was tapping on the window and shinning the light in his eyes with no discernible effect. So I took a few items I had lying around in my garage, a few old spark plugs, and started whipping them at him from around the corner. He flew out, and I didn't get sprayed. I was so pissed, I was willing to risk it. It's my fucking garbage!

Anyhoo, I picked it up and threw it all in the can after he ran away...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
              Do people eat skunks?
              Not that I've ever heard. But skunks apparently like to eat chocolate-chip cookies, or the left over crumbs in a package...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Should have let the little bastard eat them. Then you would know shortly after if skunks die from eating chocolate like dogs do.

Which could be an effective way of getting rid of the next skunk.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                  Should have let the little bastard eat them. Then you would know shortly after if skunks die from eating chocolate like dogs do.

Which could be an effective way of getting rid of the next skunk.

Do dogs die from eating chocolate?
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• SensibleShoes

Yes. But it has to be a decent amount of DARK or BAKING chocolate. There's a chemical in it that will kill them if they consume it in enough quanity.

If your dog steals milk chocolate, or eats a chocolate chip cookies or bagful....nothing's going to happen except he'll get the shits.

My friend had one that ate a box full of baking chocolate and was found dead on the floor when everybody got home from school. My two stealthed a BJ's sized bag of chocolate chips (dark chocolate, beware) from the cupboard and ate the whole thing. THat's five pounds.

If that happens, pour hydrogen peroxide down their throats about a half cup at a time. Wait about 15 min. If the stuff doesn't come up, repeat. They'll throw up a mess that looks like a barista made mega chocolate froth at Starbucks. Always keep a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide around to make dogs vomit. Must have.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I bet Stoff will have a story to share, and I bet it will involve a gun. :eek: :p

What's with all you Frontliners having insomnia? I think there's a connection there. Why won't your conscience allow you to sleep?
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Shoot the bastard!

I've had some troubles using my shotgun here in the city though, some people don't like me shooting around in the middle of a night.
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

HA!!!

I can't put my garbage outside...due to the skunks...and raccoons...and possums...and coyotes......and rats............:eek:

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

A visit from Pee Pee Lepew!

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

That does suck, I hate when I almost run into those bastards at night, I don't think getting sprayed would be a fun experience. Not to mention your dog might get mixed up with it too....

Comment

Working...