• Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

ESPN Fantasy Football 2006 Draft Review

PHI SLAMMA FLAMMA

Quarterbacks- (Starter) Jake Delhomme (Backup) Ben Roethlisberger

Steve Smith and Meshawn are one of the best WR Tandem's in the league... Delhomme should put up another solid season with his numbers gettin' a boost.... Big Ben the superbowl winning Quarterback sounds more like a strong fantasy QB than what's shown statistically... needless to say he's still a very strong backup for fantasy football... we'll have to wait and see if Santonio Holmes can avoid jail for the rest of the season... but I expect only a minor increase in stats in the Pittsburgh Run orientated offense.

Grade: A -

Running Backs - Jordan, Edge, J. Jones, Dominic Rhodes

Until the Jets drafted him... The only Lamont I ever heard of was the BIG DUMMY from Sanford & Son... yeah the name doesn't sound threatening... but he finished 6th overall in points due to his recieving skills.... he's more like the upscale Garner.... Edge is gonna have another solid year.... same with Jones... and Dominic Rhodes is good 4th back as long as he's the man in Indy.... as it looks like Addel is gonna need another year before he gets a shot.

Grade: B

Wide Recievers - Chad Johnson, McCardell, Bennett, Jurevicius, Porter

Okay Johnson is a stud no doubt... and Bennett is decent... but McCardell and Jurevicius are borderline Waiver Wire fodder... Jerry Porter is perhaps the best #2 reciever in the league.... but Aaron Brooks is on the hot seat... and without a stable QB for Moss to fair well... I highly doubt Porter is gonna repeat last years numbers... If Aaron keeps his job this year... he's gotta be prepared to get sacked a billion times from Oaklands miserable O-Line!

Grade: C

Tight End - Shockey, Franks

Shockey is a top 3 TE with Manning at helm... Franks is an adequte TE to fill in the bye week...

Grade: A

Kickers - Jay Feely, Olindo Mare

Jay Feely finished 2nd in overall points last year... Mare is a washed up piece of shit.... but like I said before... will only get one week as a starter.

Grade : A -

Defense

Giants and Bengals

Giants finished 2nd overall last year in points.... the Bengals were 24th... but are improving rapidly...

Grade : B +

Overall : B

Possible Playoff contender... with a couple questions at WR... and Dominic Rhodes... can he get the job done in Indy?
    Last edited by WARF; 08-27-2006, 04:22 PM.
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

The Avon Lady

Quarterbacks : Culpepper & Carr

Culpepper was main player I wanted to get in this draft... I missed him... so I got revenge by drafting Hines Ward instead... lol... Anyways.. Culpepper is gonna have a big year... Look for Chambers to have a monster season... David Carr is a fucking bum... I don't really understand the logic in that one... unless Pojo wants a CLEAR starter.

Grade : A (Because Carr wouldn't play at all)

Running Backs: LT, dAVIS, Morency, Taylor
    I still think LT is the best back in the league... but I have a couple major problems with lineup... two texans RB's... and Chester Taylor ability to be an every down back... so anyways... Pojo essentially will have only 3 Starting running backs... and two on the by week... one of these backs need to step up in houston... and when that is clear... pojo will need luck with one more RB.

Grade : C

Wide Recievers: Walker, TO, Burelson, Jones, Branch

I'd like to call this a turd amongst gems... TO is TO... biggest asshole off the field... but come sunday... he's a must have.... Javon Walker was a steal in the this draft.... Jones was another sleeper who could break out... and Branch is a stud... who has no team right now... Id like to see him in Philly to help McNabb... which brings me to the turd...
    Nate Burelson....he shit the bed last year... and proved he will never be a #1 target... only Michael Clayton was more disapointing last year.

Grade: B +

Tight Ends : McMichael & Hilton

McMichael is a stud who finally has a QB... Hilton should be fine under Drew Brees...

Grade: A -

Defense - Seahawks & Falcons

Grade : B +

Kickers - Tynes & Longwell
    Tynes was a top 5 last year.... Longwell is irrelevant...

Grade: B +

Overall: B +

Pojo is gonna make a run for the division title... my only problem is thw two Houston RB picks.
    Last edited by WARF; 08-27-2006, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

alright WARF...I'm going to start with your team...

I'll do a couple more...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

WARF's Jetisoned...

Quarterbacks

Bledsoe, IMO, is the most overrated QB of the bunch, and am not sure how long he lasts...but...while he's in there...has TO and Glenn...one of the great tandems. Two good RB's and Two good TE's make Dallas a devastating offense...even if Bledsoe is the slowest, stubborn cunt in the league. Leftwich may not be the best QB on the team with Garrard behind him, but last year he was a sleeper, and he does have some weapons there. The most interesting thing of this duo would be to watch them in a sprint. Talk about constipation. Decent upside, but not the most solid of QB's.

RB's

McGahee, Brown, Parker and Barlow

McGahee is a great back...who unfortunately plays for the shittiest team in the east. Buffalo may be the first team in the league that has a D actually put 11 guys on the line. He'll still get his numbers, but I don't see him as a top 7 or 8 guy that many others do this year. Brown seems to be a bit overrated as well, and hasn't looked good of late. Again, if CPepp and the Dolphs continue to throw well, he'll get his yards, and scores. Parker is a flashy runner...and will rush for 1000 yards. There's just noone else behind him. The question will be durability, and Verron Haynes is pushing for times, so we'll see. Barlow...a starter now...should benefit...but behind the Jets line...not sure how much. Not the greatest backs in the world, however, a decent fantasy bunch. 3 top 20 guys there, and who knows with Barlow.

Grade: B+

WR

Moss, WARD, BEdwards, Troy Williamson and Reche Caldwell

Moss is a stud...but has more competition this year with the rejuvinated smurfs, and my belief that Brunell will end up a limp-dicked QB...Campbell could bring back the #'s though. WARD is automatic...but is beginning to have durability issues. Still, 90 receptions and 10 TD's should be legit...unless Holmes steps out this year. BEdwards may end up his best receiver down the line, if he had a passer behind him, and quit getting hurt. Troy Williamson is a stud int he making...again...Brad Johnson is his QB. Reche Caldwell...well...if Branch goes away...he will be up for the #1 spot...but how many times have you watched the Pats look for #1 and throw to...well...Brown or Watson or Graham? Decent bunch of receivers.

TE

Winslow and Klopfenstein

Winslow is absolutely the biggest sleeper IMO in the entire draft. If he's sound and healthy...he'll be the stop gap for Charlie Frye, and this kid can turn things big. I think he'll have an 80 reception year. as far as Klopf, the WARF Jew...he IS a sleeper...and I think will steal some receptions in St. Louis.

Grade: A-

Defense

Broncos and Chargers

Broncs had a great runstop D last year...and have decent return teams. I don't see them on the upswing, but they'll be good. The Chargers always seem to be overmatched, and I don't see their offense helping them out to much this year.

Kicker

Rackers and Nugent

Rackers is the best there is...and Nugent is an OSU grad with a HUGE leg...and will have plenty of opportunities...

Overall Grade: B

WARF's team is loaded...good depth...a lot depends on the QB's for his WR's and TE's...if they pan out...and his backs find a line...

then WARF COULD be the team to beat...should control the division.
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I'm doing Guitar Sharks next WARF..not sure who you are working on..but will wait until you post to start

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Last one for today I think...
            My next will be the Brauma Bulls...
            If I can stay awake...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Shark Attack

QB's

Palmer and Vick

Carson is hurt...and I'll hold out final thoughts until tomorrow...but assuming he's 100%...he's the 2nd QB in the league behind Manning. Enough said...the injury possibility...will knock him down a bit...but he's still a top guy. Vick as your backup is outstanding. No, I wouldn't want him as my #1...but as a 2...he could be great in spot starts. Good set of QB's.

RB's

Barber, Addai, Bell and Jacobs

Barber is older...but the read deal. Addai looks good, but will share time with Rhodes whether he should or not. Not great #'s now...but down the line...as good as Edge. Bell...a part of a four headed beast? Even if not...still a lot of runners fighting for that job. Jacobs...goal-line guy and starter if Barber goes down. Can still score if Barber is playing. Decent set of backs, but ??? after Barber.

Grade: C (with upside)

WRs

Donte Stallworth, Boldin, Mike Clayton, Bobby Engram and Isaac Bruce

Stallworth is a sleeper every year. That means he never meets expectations. With a new QB, and Horn about 100 years old...this is a make or break year...just see him going from 4 years of sleeper talk to the garbage heap. Boldin is the stud of this offense. 100 receptions...1300 yards are a sure thing with Denny Green, and he's sick of Fitz getting called the best out there. Clayton was supposed to be a stud last year...fucking cunt that he is...but wasn't. Galloway is the best receiver in Tampa...but I see an upsurge in Clayton. Still a gamble however. Engram is a fucking bum, and would find a way to glue dried on his hands. Bruce is washed up...and will get injured...no matter what Troy says. I see Curtis stepping up there...but Bruce will show flashes...just depends if he's in that week.

TE's

Cooley and Scheffler

Cooley could be the best at this position in Washington. Brunell will look to him often, and with RB trouble...he'll be key in the red zone. Huge numbers this year. Scheffler is a dark horse, and will get some looks, but will only start one game here.

Def

Jaguars and Packers

Jags are tough for sure...will be a great D in this new format, and was rated #1 on my board. Packers? Suck, but who cares...they should be better.

Grade: A-

Kickers

Graham and Scobee

Graham is the only mention here...a top 4 guy...quality leg...lots of opportunities...

Guitar has a decent enough team, but he needs a lot to happen with his RB and WR's. With some stud teams in this conference...he'll need the unfortunate misdeeds of others to get in the playoffs.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Overall grade: B-

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Re: ESPN Fantasy Football 2006 Draft Review

Originally posted by WARF
                  PHI SLAMMA FLAMMA

Wide Recievers - Chad Johnson, McCardell, Bennett, Jurevicius, Porter

but McCardell and Jurevicius are borderline Waiver Wire fodder...
                  I think McCardel is alot more than that.

Jurevicius sure.

Damn...I should have put that wedding on hold (not mine)
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

McCardell is the #1 guy there...should be fine...

Jurevicious will be fine...

Comment

• Troy
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

No matter what I say... Thay cuts deep.

Comment

• Troy
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I can't wait to read the review of my team. Hurry up!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

alright Troy...

here we go...

Comment

• Troy
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Nice!

Comment

• Rebel
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Feb 2004

Happy with my team for the most part, D is gonna be an issue, gonna do the D shuffle like a couple seasons ago. Pretty excited I got Dunn to help with the Dillon issue.

Warf and VA look very tough IMO.

Zoo was fun, I fed a giraffe and he took a swing at me
                              The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

Working...