• Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The Mudflap...

QB's

Bulger and McNair

Bulger is the real deal...although his line never helps him...if he had a line...he could be a top 2 or 3 QB...but he gets beat up like a baby chimp in a gorilla cage. That being said...he has more weapons than most...and will put up good numbers...for as long as he lasts. McNair gets a rebirth...and may be the toughest Quarterback in the league. He's also out to prove something. He has great backs...if healthy...and is reunited with Mason. You could do worse than these two, although injuries may come into play here. Solid QB's, but the ?? but them down a bit.

Grade: B

RB's

Gore, TJones, RDroughns, Chris Brown

Okay...Frank Gore is riding the hype machine...Barlow is gone...and everyone loves him. As a college fan...I can't get out of my head the knee injuries that cost him 2 years...and made Willis McGahee. Now he's carrying the bulk again...with a line that is terrible, a QB that is getting killed, and no WR's. He may be good...but I have a feeling he's going to get the crap kicked out of him this year. TJones is awesome, but soon enough, Cedric Benson comes back...and doghouse or not...split carries are coming...even if it's only a series a quarter. Droughns is going to be the best back of this bunch IMO. He's got an okay line...and is just damn good...and now doesn't have to worry about his job. Brown? Remember a couple of years ago when he was the sleeper...and went off. Now injury prone, and has Henry and USC boy knocking at the door. Lots of ??? here. Productive maybe?...but still a bit of a shroud over this group.

GRADE: C

WR's

Holt, Smith, Mason, Muhammed and Coles

Holt is awesome, and paired with Bulger is HUGE. Big numbers here again. Smith is the best receiver in the league, and should be MORE OPEN this year. I think the guy is flat out unstoppable if you have any other option. Now Carolina has 2. Look for Smiths TD's to go up, and his yardage...while his catches are down a bit. Smith is still the best their is. Mason will be better than last year as long as McNair is healthy. Another 1000 yard season is in the offing. Muhammed COULD be the guy that surprises again...IF Grossman or Griese can be more consistent than Orton last year. I think he'll be good for a grand. Not sure why. Coles COULD be another 1,000 yard receiver. I DO think the Jets will have a decent QB...just not sure which one yet. Great Corp here...

Grade: A

TE's

LJ Smith and Ben Troupe

Smith is a stud, and a #1 receiver there next to Westbrook. I think he's got a Gates year in the handle...and if I didn't have CPepp...I'd have drafted him. I think Troupe is his equal...just depends on the QB situation. Great TE's here.

Defense

Cowboys and Chiefs

Cowboys should have a quick improved D...and the Chiefs have his boy Hall...Troy Rules?

I didn't pick the chiefs on purpose to see if he would...lmfao...my dumb mistake...

GRADE: A

K

Hanson and Brown

Who cares...Brown should be good...and Hanson indoors...could care a less...lmfao...

Overall?

Troy will contend for his division, and should be where he normally is...at the top. His backs pan out...and he doesn't lose

Overall Grade: B+
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
      Commando
      • Mar 2003

POJO rules...

his team sucks...

"I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Yeah Reb...you dumb fuck...

you were another team trying to fucking draft Koren Robinson...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Troy
          I can't wait to read the review of my team. Hurry up!
          lol ... yeah!

Hurry up!

Both Pojo and WARF do a helluva a job reviewing the draft.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Alright...Al...

Michigan Panthers...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Michigan Panthers

QB

Brady and Warner

Brady...4,000 yards if he had a 4 midgets and a dead guy to throw too...which he will have if they let Branch go. Still...is huge. Warner...I think will remain healthy this year...not sure why...and have a HUGE year...IMO...probably the best tandem of QB's in the league.

RB

KJones, RBush, FTaylor, LMaroney

Jones is supposedly set to have a big year...I don't think so. Bush WILL have a big year, no matter what the naysayers say. He will be there 2 out of 4 downs...and have over 100 all purpose yardage a game...easy. Taylor looks good...and if healthy (he won't be), can still produce bigtime. Maroney is the sleeper of the group. Dillon never lasts...and Maroney looks good. If Dillon gets hurt, Al could have the Sleeper good backs of the league. Still, good backs...

GRADE: B- only because of part-time status of Maroney, perhaps Taylor and Bush (who could be HUGE if McCallister goes down)

WR's

Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Antonio Bryant, Vince Jackson and Mike Williams

Roy is a stud with health issues. If healthy...a top 10 guy. Andre...hmmm...could be a breakout year with Kubiak there...I think it will be. Bryant...sucks...to frustrating to comment on. Jackson can get some PT in San Diego...but still think he is more than a year to go. Mike Williams...I was wrong about...I thought he was the real deal...right now...just don't see it. Not thrilled with these receivers. 2 have PT problems, 2 never live up to performance consistently and Roy is injury prone...but in a huge offense.

Grade: C- (sorry Al...there is an upside...but your weak piece)

TE's

Gates and Davis

Gates is the best TE in the game...has QB issues...but hey...TE's are QB saviors...and he will be HUGE...Davis...just a great sleeper. I do believe that he won't have great #'s this year because of SF...but still...a good player...and great TE's...

Def

Dolphins and Bucs

I think the Bucs are back...and the Dolphs...getting a little long in tooth...but a solid D and special teams. Decent D's here.

K

Stover and Dawson

Stover is 100 years old, and Dawson I think is a sleeper to lead the league in scoring. That said...kickers...who cares...

I think Al is a year away...

Overall score: B-

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Brauma Bulls

QB's

Hasselbeck/Simms

Hasselbeck finished 5th overall in points last year... and with his receivers healthy... he should pass for 3500 and 25 td's... Chris Simms is a yawn at backup... although he should have the right weapons if Michael Clayton can rebound from his nightmarish sophmore season.

RB's

Huggies/ DeAngelo Williams/ McAllister / White

LJ is putting up numbers comparable to Priest Holmes a few years ago... He's gonna be a TD machine again this year.... with a ton of yards.. Williams and White both could breakout this year... McAllister is a quality RB but is too injury prone... and isn't a fantasy factor with Reggie Bush stealin' away carries this year.

Grade : B+

WR's

Wayne/Chambers/Jackson/ Wilford/ Booker

The first three are top 10 recievers... Wayne and Jackson have been studs... but Chambers may have the best year of the lot... with Cpep onboard... Chambers for the first time in his career actually has a quality QB, his numbers should go even higher this year 1,500 yds and 10 TD's is a great possibilty... Wilford and Booker are mediocre fill in on the bye weeks... but with the first three this team is dangerous.

Grade: A-

TE's

Stevens/Pollard

This is the bulls weakest area of the team. Don't expect an offensive explosion from Stevens who has always been a step back from the elite... Pollard is over the hill and is kinda iffy for even a backup role.

Grade: C-

Kickers

Kasey/ Kaeding

Kasey was a top 5 last year... Kaeding is respectable during the regular season and a choke artist in the post season.

Defense:

Panthers and Patriots

Carolina was ranked 3rd last year in points... Patriots were a major disapointment statistically ranking 31st overall...

Grade: A-

Overall: B

This is a tough division anyone can win it. It's gonna come to a matter of which team can avoid injurys... and if the Core of his Wide Recievers stay healthy this team could be dangerous.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Hurry up you bastard !!!!

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

While I dont expect to get any votes, isnt it a little bit disrespectful that I didnt even get included in the GM poll that you put up Poj? I did such a bad job that I dont even get included with the other owners?

Thanks dude.
                    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Troy
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Thanks Poj... I love those reviews.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

lmfao...I actually just changed it BEFORE I read this you cunt...

but yeah...pretty much...you suck...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

LOL, that's cold....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            LOL, that's cold....
                            Revenge is best served cold...
                            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

I totally agree ... a year away ... and will need more keepers maybe.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                                lmfao...I actually just changed it BEFORE I read this you cunt...

glad I could be an afterthought for ya...

Comment

Working...