Is The New ABC "911-Docu-drama" Complete Bullpoopy?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Is The New ABC "911-Docu-drama" Complete Bullpoopy?

Top Bush counterterrorism official bashes ABC's 9/11 mockumentary
    by kos
    Wed Sep 06, 2006 at 08:22:10 AM PDT

Roger Cressey, former Chief of Staff to the President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board at the White House from November 2001 to September 2002, told Scarborough:

SCARBOROUGH: Roger, let me begin with you. There are points of this docudrama that are more drama than fact. But talk about Bill Clinton and the central premise by ABC that he should have done more to get Bin Laden.

CRESSY: Joe, it's amazing, based on what I've seen so far is how much they've gotten wrong. They got the small stuff wrong such as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed instructing Ahmed Rassam to carry out the millenium attacks. Then they got the big stuff wrong, this fantasy about how we had a CIA officer and the Northern Alliance leader Ahmed Massoud looking at Bin Laden and they breathlessly call the White House to say we need to take him out and the White House said no. I mean it's sheer fantasy. So, if they want to critique the Clinton administration and the Bush administration, based on fact, I think that's fine. But what ABC has done here is something straight out of Disney and fantasyland. It's factually wrong. And that's shameful.

SCARBOROUGH: But at the same time, doesn't history show that Bill Clinton had several opportunities to go after bin Laden, but the President and his cabinet were afraid to do so because they may offend some people in the Arab world?

CRESSY: Actually, Joe, that had nothing to do with it. If you read the 9/11 Commission report, it makes it very clear. In most of those cases, George Tenet, the Director of the CIA, said because there was single source intelligence it was his recommendation to the President not to take the shot. There was never a case where we had a clear shot at Bin Laden and the decision to take it wasn't made.

CYA'in for the pRez?"
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The official ABC blog was pulled after the films premise, which reportedly contradicts much of the "911 Report," was picked apart by critics decrying the fact that the script was written by a conservative activist, and that it contains many fallacies, such as an actress portraying Condi Rice, running around saying how worried Bush is about the August 2001 terror threat briefing, even though he was so worried that he apparently did absolutely nothing about it.

The blog is preserved here.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The movie is being made by an Iranian exile director. Iranian exiles make Cuban exiles look like vegan PETA members by comparison. This is a right wing hatchet job from day one, and it has NOT gone un-noticed.

And for right wingers who would ask "well have you seen the movie"??

No I haven't. Neither has anyone else who is NOT a registered Republican. Including the former President who is once again slandered by these bastards.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I've read they purposefully avoided any exposure to left or even moderate leaning blogs, while giving special screenings to rightists all over the Web.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Exactly. And why the Hell would they do that if they weren't pushing an agenda?

Remember how Eisner signed a distribution deal with Michael Moore under "Touchstone Pictures" and then tried to block the release of "Fahrenheit 9-11" completely?

ABC are bigger pawns of the right wing under Disney than they even were under Bill Casey's CIA front "Capitol Cities Communications" in the 1980's.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

How many more "new" documentaries can possibly be creative?
            sigpic

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

**Front Line EXCLUSIVE!!!!**

Here's a couple screen caps from the new ABC mockumentary.....

Shocking, isn't it? :eek:
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

If you inserted Kim's face over Hussein's face, maybe have in a warm embrace, then it would be a true mockumentary.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

ABC = Assholes Bashing Clinton
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

If ABC put out anything that had the bullseye on George W. Bush, you'd be praising it to heaven, right FORD?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                      If you inserted Kim's face over Hussein's face, maybe have in a warm embrace, then it would be a true mockumentary.
                      Why? We've never whipped up a War against him, posing him as Hitler-lite™, with faulty rhetoric either.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

If ABC put out anything that had the bullseye on George W. Bush, you'd be praising it to heaven, right FORD?
                        If ANY corporate media outlet told the truth about that fucking unelected murdering bastard, I'd do free advertising for them!
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I can't speak for Ford. But this is a serious subject that is just nauseating that ABC allowed to be politicized with full-revisionist history by a stupid cunt. And they've made little pretense of it, other than "this is a docu-drama" excuse.

No one has put a bullseye on Bush, while purporting to give a factual account of 9/11 as a "docudrama" storyline. Not Oliver Stone, not the makers of Flight 93.

BTW, where is the commentary from the Neo Cons that claimed that Stone might just be a profiteer off the tragedy?

And no, I would not support a movie that just made Bush look bad or good, he can do the former himself.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I do not endorse Stone making any money off of his WTC movie. If he did, he's a cunt. Not that I liked the guy anyway.

His JFK movie reeked.
                            Last edited by Warham; 09-07-2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I do not endorse Stone making any money off of his WTC movie. If he did, he's a cunt. Not that I liked the guy anyway.

His JFK movie reeked.
                              Funny, but how do you feel about ABC making money off this TV-movie?

Oliver Stone=Bad!

ABC/Disney TV Execs=Good!

And JFK is a well crafted, entertaining film. I don't believe it, but it is still a very well made piece.

Comment

Working...