X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

World Trade Center

There's a good program on the History Channel about the World Trade Center and it's devoid of any conspiracy theories.

WTC: The Rise and Fall of an American Icon.

Excellent stuff. Actually the History Channel is excellent.
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

That's nice. But why do you keep trying to start redundant fight threads on this subject?

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      That's nice. But why do you keep trying to start redundant fight threads on this subject?
      Samples, please?

And while you're busy doing that, why have you guys post all those inflammatory Rove articles the last two years, specifically ones saying that Rove was going to be indicted, he was going to resign, he was going to spend 50-life in prison?

None of us really want to discuss Karl, but you guys just had to rub it in.
      Last edited by Warham; 09-09-2006, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        Samples, please?

And while you're busy doing that, why have you guys post all those inflammatory Rove articles the last two years, specifically ones saying that Rove was going to be indicted, he was going to resign, he was going to spend 50-life in prison?

None of us really want to discuss Karl, but you guys just had to rub it in.
        Jesus Christ you have issues? Now you're dropping in Rove? You give such a fucking shit about Rove now?

BTW, the investigation cuntinues.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Jesus Christ you have issues? Now you're dropping in Rove? You give such a fucking shit about Rove now?

BTW, the investigation cuntinues.
          Sure, I just follow your examples.

I tried to start a good threat about WTC 9/11 shows that are devoid of BS, and you have to come and puke all over it.

Why is that?

Fitzgerald's wasting taxpayer dollars on this 'investigation', and you have no problem with it, but when Clinton was 'investigated', the world was crashing down.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

God you suck. Yeah, you started an innocent thread on 9/11, then interjected partisan talking-points into it immediately when questioned. Yeah, okay.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

God you suck. Yeah, you started an innocent thread on 9/11, then interjected partisan talking-points into it immediately when questioned. Yeah, okay.
              Oh, so if it contains the word 'conspiracy' that's partisan? LMAO!

I need to get myself a 'Nick's Guide To Partisan Keywords'.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dude, you're getting dumber by the second. Log off and go to bed.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Dude, you're getting dumber by the second. Log off and go to bed.
                  So, if I mention conspiracies, is that a partisan attack against liberals because they tend to believe in them more than conservatives?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There's a good program on the History Channel about the World Trade Center and it's devoid of any conspiracy theories.

WTC: The Rise and Fall of an American Icon.

Excellent stuff. Actually the History Channel is excellent.

I'm not sure if I've seen this or not, there are so many fucking WTC documentaries on at the moment.

I'm unconvinced about a lot of the content on the History Channel though. A hell of a lot of the shows seem so superficial. In the words of Roth 'Would I still be here if I was blind?'. I watch them and then afterwards I'm pretty sure I never learned anything much at all.

On the WTC thing I saw one last week which was a bit interesting because it was the documentary footage from a team that just happened to be doing a program about the FDNY at the time of 9-11. Even then thinking back my only abiding memory is how much noise the jumpers bodies made when they hit the ground outside whilst the camera was on the understandably confused fire chiefs in the plaza of one of the towers. Disturbing but not that informative.

It would be interesting to sit and just read the transcripts of a lot of these shows. Once you take away the intro, the reintro after each commercial break and the simplistic summary at the end, I think a lot of them must come to about a page or so of text.

Not as bad though as the 1000 shark documentaries on Discovery that try and make out that sharks are really scary for 45 minutes and then ALWAYS end with a bit on how sharks aren't actually and kill fuck all people each year.

Coming soon 'Sting rays, killers of the sea'.
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-09-2006, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I'm not sure if I've seen this or not, there are so many fucking WTC documentaries on at the moment.

I'm unconvinced about a lot of the content on the History Channel though. A hell of a lot of the shows seem so superficial. In the words of Roth 'Would I still be here if I was blind?'. I watch them and then afterwards I'm pretty sure I never learned anything much at all.

On the WTC thing I saw one last week which was a bit interesting because it was the documentary footage from a team that just happened to be doing a program about the FDNY at the time of 9-11. Even then thinking back my only abiding memory is how much noise the jumpers bodies made when they hit the ground outside whilst the camera was on the understandably confused fire chiefs in the plaza of one of the towers. Disturbing but not that informative.

It would be interesting to sit and just read the transcripts of a lot of these shows. Once you take away the intro, the reintro after each commercial break and the simplistic summary at the end, I think a lot of them must come to about a page or so of text.

Not as bad though as the 1000 shark documentaries on Discovery that try and make out that sharks are really scary for 45 minutes and then ALWAYS end with a bit on how sharks aren't actually and kill fuck all people each year.

Coming soon 'Sting rays, killers of the sea'.
                      I agree that they could probably cut the programs down to fit into half of the time. The 9/11 ones though have alot of ground to cover. This particular one covered the building from it's conception in the late 60's all the way through today, so it was forty years of history to cover in two hours.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I agree that they could probably cut the programs down to fit into half of the time.
                        That'd just make it worse. Fuck it, in another five years or so, we'll all have the wherewithall to punch up Answer Me Planet.

History is a historically biased need to suit the means. The major problem with History, currently, is technology.

For example, I was listening to some interweb version of "Great Expectations" the other day. Let me tell you, nothing better exemplifies transpositional heresy than hearing "hulks" referred to as something that sounds like it.

Right after that, I went to youtube...found a video of a gibbon terrorizing some tiger cubs.....just pulling their ears and shit.

Dickens was a genius.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Some have actually accused Jules and Gideon Naudet of being "plants" because they can't believe that a couple of French filmmakers just happenned to be on the scene and coincidentally were the only ones who caught footage of the first plane hitting the tower.

I haven't taken that theory all that seriously, but it's curious that tonight's TV listings claim that the Naudet's have "updated" their documentary with recent interviews of the FDNY crew involved in the original documentary and it will air on CBS tonight (opposite the ABC slander and lies festival).

If the firemen who were on the scene deny what they said before about the building coming down "like a controlled demolition", then we can assume the Naudet's are on the BCE payroll.

As for me, I'm gonna avoid all that shit and watch the Simpsons season premiere
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

Re: World Trade Center

...and it's devoid of any conspiracy theories.
                            Ha ha! Except for the official theory that blames 19 men with boxcutters!

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...