Holy Krap! It's Official!!!! Dio, Iommi, Butler & Ward To Tour As H & H!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Holy Krap! It's Official!!!! Dio, Iommi, Butler & Ward To Tour As H & H!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

A representative for BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has confirmed that the highly anticipated and much-rumored reunion of Iommi, Ronnie James Dio, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward appears to be shaping up and taking a new form. After various promoters have approached the former SABBATH bandmates' respective representatives, the guys have started taking all of this very seriously, as they have aparently wanted to reunite for some time now. It looks as if the new shape may be that of HEAVEN AND HELL — that is the moniker that the band is likely to use on their new venture. If all goes well, HEAVEN AND HELL should be hitting the road in early 2007.

In an August 16, 2006 appearance on the syndicated radio show "Rockline", Dio had the following to say about the possibility of further collaborations with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi:

"We've already written one [new] song together. The reason for that is that there's a release coming out, it's called 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years' — they've already done one, of course, 'Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years'; that was the beginning and, really, the best part of it all — but they've decided to do one, again, 'Black Sabbath: The Dio Years', and we wanted to make it a little but more special, not just give you things you've not heard from a live perspective. These are two things you'll never hear again — two new songs. We are going to do that. It's been fun already. The one we've done — the one that I've done with Tony has been really wonderful — just great to realize how magnificent a player he was. You forget that after 10 years at a time that you don't work with someone. So we are gonna be doing that. And I hope you'll like it. I think it'll be great."

On the rumors of him possibly rejoining BLACK SABBATH, Dio said, "There's always rumors about everything — about a RAINBOW reunion, about a BLACK SABBATH reunion. Our purpose was to do this because we wanted to have this product be a bit more special than anything else — not just, 'Here's a live track you've never heard before.' I mean, that's cool, but I'm sure people have heard that. We wanted to do something a bit more special, so the whole band would write and play these songs, and… They've wanted to hear them long enough, so here they are. But it's not anything that we've talked about leading to anything other than that. No, it's for that project."

• DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

YES!!!!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

This is cool news.

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Now that is good news!

Dio era Sabbs, whist it'll never equal Ozzy-era, is now sadly overlooked.

Can't fuckin wait!
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

As I said in the other thread, I think this is good, but doubt it'll last very long. I'm hoping we get a good album out of it like we did with Dehumanizer, last time they reunited.

What the original Sab should do is reach an agreement that anything done with Ozzy will be called Black Sabbath, and anything Iommi does with the band and a diffrent singer, such as Dio, is only legally called Sabbath. Same way when Bachman Turner Overdrive split up (great Canadian band by the way) Turner got to use the name BTO for shows he did, while Randy Bachman got to use Bachman Turner Overdrive.
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Cool !

I guess Iommi got sick of waiting for Sharon...
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Revan
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2006

Wish it was called Black Sabbath. Ahhh...doesn't matter, anybody with half a wit knows that it really is. Ronnie Dio's work with Sabbath was quality music, doesn't matter what Ozzy or Sharon claims.
              http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
              Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
              Originally posted by thome
              I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• Revan
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2006

Thing is, Ozzy just said today that Black Sabbath (original) will have a new album out in 2007. ...Anybody else NOT quite believe it?
                http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
                Originally posted by thome
                I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I've always liked Dio's stuff more than Ozzy.

I can't wait for this

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Here's my proposed set list (keep in mind, I think that they're only playing Dio-Sabbath songs, so no 'Iron Man'.)

Intro - E5150
                    Neon Knights
                    Voodoo
                    TV Crimes
                    Children of the Sea
                    Slipping Away
                    Heaven and Hell
                    Die Young
                    Turn Up the Night
                    Lonely is the Word
                    The Sign of the Southern Cross
                    Master of Insanity
                    (new song)
                    (new song)
                    Falling Off the Edge of the World
                    Lady Evil
                    The Mob Rules
                    =V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Revan
                      Thing is, Ozzy just said today that Black Sabbath (original) will have a new album out in 2007. ...Anybody else NOT quite believe it?

No chance of that happening. Ozzy's being working on a solo record, so he'll have to record and tour that next year.

Plus last time they tried it in th late 90's, they all admitted the chesmistry wasn't right: Ozzy could get melodies to match Tony's riffs.

Ozzy's probably being drinking again if he's making comments like that....
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

YES.

YES, YES AND YES.

Fuck Ozzy and that go-nowhere for the last eight years Original Black Sabbath via Sharon Osbourne horse shit.

THIS is more like it, and I FUCKING GUARANTEE you that Ronnie and Tony will KICK THE FUCKING SHIT out of the Corporate Sabbath that Sharon's been bleeding dry on the FIRST FUCKING NIGHT of the tour.

Excellent set list btw, Vin. How ya been, dude?
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Revan
                          That's all BS.

Sharon obviously wanted to throw something out there to divert fan's excitement attention over Dio reuniting with the Sabs with talk of a new original Black Sabbath CD.

Not gonna happen. Its BS and Sharon's work.

It was nice of Ozzy though to wish Dio and Iommi all the best with this new project.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                            YES.

YES, YES AND YES.

Fuck Ozzy and that go-nowhere for the last eight years Original Black Sabbath via Sharon Osbourne horse shit.

THIS is more like it, and I FUCKING GUARANTEE you that Ronnie and Tony will KICK THE FUCKING SHIT out of the Corporate Sabbath that Sharon's been bleeding dry on the FIRST FUCKING NIGHT of the tour.

Excellent set list btw, Vin. How ya been, dude?
                            Been good, Bob.

Where ya been bro?? Things have picked up here in light of this and of course the CVH Reunion talk.
                            =V V=
                            ole No.1 The finest
                            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bastardog
                              Commando
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                              Here's my proposed set list (keep in mind, I think that they're only playing Dio-Sabbath songs, so no 'Iron Man'.)

Intro - E5150
                              Neon Knights
                              Voodoo
                              TV Crimes
                              Children of the Sea
                              Slipping Away
                              Heaven and Hell
                              Die Young
                              Turn Up the Night
                              Lonely is the Word
                              The Sign of the Southern Cross
                              Master of Insanity
                              (new song)
                              (new song)
                              Falling Off the Edge of the World
                              Lady Evil
                              The Mob Rules
                              Excellent choices.........I would added Time Machine.....but with the set you put there will be grate enough
                              Bastardog

Comment

Working...