Holy Krap! It's Official!!!! Dio, Iommi, Butler & Ward To Tour As H & H!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I have to figure they'll play at least a couple of the Oz era tunes. Ronnie sang them before. But, hey they may just go with the Dio-era ones.

Iommi's next plan is to do Sabbath tours with all the old singers. At the rate of two tours a year, he should be done around 2014....
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
      I have to figure they'll play at least a couple of the Oz era tunes. Ronnie sang them before. But, hey they may just go with the Dio-era ones.

Iommi's next plan is to do Sabbath tours with all the old singers. At the rate of two tours a year, he should be done around 2014....
      LOL.

As much as I liked 'Born Again', I doubt that they'd do shows with Ian Gillan again.

Although, It'd be cool if he got up on stage with them as a guest during one of the H&H shows and did "Zero the Hero".
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        LOL.

As much as I liked 'Born Again', I doubt that they'd do shows with Ian Gillan again.

Although, It'd be cool if he got up on stage with them as a guest during one of the H&H shows and did "Zero the Hero".
        Hell...if he's doing a tune- do Digital Bitch!
        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Revan
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2006

As long as we're throwing around set list ideas...my ideal one would go something like this:

E5150/Time Machine
          Children of the Sea
          Voodoo
          New
          New
          TV Crimes
          Slipping Away
          Die Young
          Country Girl
          Heaven and Hell
          Too Late
          Lonely is the Word

Encore with:

The Mob Rules
          Turn Up the Night
          Neon Knights
          Buried Alive

Basically, I really would like to hear Buried Alive, Turn Up the Night, Voodoo, and Slipping Away for sure, pretty much everything else is cool by me.
          http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
          Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
          Originally posted by thome
          I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

That's all BS.

Sharon obviously wanted to throw something out there to divert fan's excitement attention over Dio reuniting with the Sabs with talk of a new original Black Sabbath CD.

Not gonna happen. Its BS and Sharon's work.

It was nice of Ozzy though to wish Dio and Iommi all the best with this new project.
            I guess this is why I still have a litte respect for the Ozzman..
            The dude obviously escapes behind a constant wall of booze
            and medication, but when he is given a chance to speak his
            own mind, he says stuff like this. (With no pretension)

I say good onya Ozzy and Rock the fucking world
            Heaven and Hell !!!

And *if* there is any truth in the original Black Sabbath
            album coming out (ever) I reckon that would be cool too..

Fuck you Sharon !!! ITS ALL GOOD, ITS ALL SABBATH,
            AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU !!!!!
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Been good, Bob.

Where ya been bro?? Things have picked up here in light of this and of course the CVH Reunion talk.
              Been out playing rock star...a little, anyway...but I think my aspirations there are pretty much finally done, just don't have the drive that I used to...too many other things to deal with these days...

Always fun to horse around a bit, though.

Looks like I picked the right time to come back, although I seriously doubt I'll ever hit that 45 posts a day average again...lol...I should still have the winning record for number of posts in a single 24 hour period, so that'll have to do me.

Pathetic, the things I take pleasure in revelling in. Ain't that the truth!
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Notice how it wasn't until the announcement I posted came out that Sharon/Ozzy suddenly starts claiming there will be a new BS album next year.

I think Tony, Geezer & Bill need to go ahead and do an H & H tour regardless of what that shit-eating goddamnable windbag has to say....

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

It ain't gonna happen. I think Tony Iommi still has enough sense to realize that, while it'd sell like hotcakes for the first month, quality would be for shit once Sharon got her hands on it. Ozzy's day as a vocalist has long since come and gone, anyway.

Won't happen, hopefully. Even if Sharon/Ozzy start pushing HARD in that direction, Tony, Bill and Geezer will just be "too busy" to be available.

Reunion is a disasterous album for Ozzy vocally, and honestly proof positive why a new studio album SHOULD NOT happen.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2005

The geriatic frontman lives on.....

don't you think they might play some Dio stuff?.....that would be great too...
                    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

Real shame that Ozzy has gone back to his terrible solo career, I would love to have seen the REAL Black Sabbath again.

In this months classic rock magazine, there is a free DVD which contains Dio performing Long Live Rock and Roll. You think Ozzy's voice is bad? Dio's voice was just shocking, pure comedy value
                      Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

• Mezro
                        Full Member Status

• May 2004

This should be a slice of fucking Dungeons & Dragons wonder! Break out your black, twenty-sided dice; Dio is back in town!

Mezro...I love Sabbath with Yoda as the singer...even more than with Ozzy...god, I hope they bring back the stonehenge set...
                        Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Mezro! Whut UP dude! Long time no see!

Comment

• Soul Reaper
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2005

they had better play in the UK....and preferably somewhere near to me and not just London....

and I'm sure they'll play in Birmingham....
                            ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

The excitement of a Dio-led tour and possible new material had me excited, yet Sharon spouting about an original album and tour leaves me pissed, even though I prefer Ozzy by a mile. Why? Oz is tired, man...he's lost his voice. His solo albums are so harmonized that it sounds like a freaking computer singing. I mean, I have to think that Ozzy would have retired and enjoyed the fruits of his labour if the fat cunt wasn't shoving him back on stages 9 months a year, so she can buy another piece of antique furniture, and paying for her fat daughter's rehab.....

Dio would bring so much more to Sab than Ozzy could right now. But if they're going to record a new album as Black Sabbath, that will leave Dio out, and the fans will be the losers.
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Having just heard a Dio boot only a few months old (or so), I can honestly say Ronnie's voice is in top notch shape and he hasn't lost a bit of his edge. Sounded a wee bit winded towards the end of the show, but anybody at his age is going to be.

Sounds great on Holy Diver Live also, so...I have no clue what Atomic Rob is talking about...

It's about time Black Sabbath did something right. The Ozzy reunion was good for '97/'99, but it's been a dead horse ever since and Ozzy is a plain fucking joke.

Want Ozzy? Go watch some classic Ozzy on Youtube and hang on to the memories, because that's all that's left. Tony, Geezer, and Bill are still cranking out top notch music and Ronnie's MORE than the right choice for them.

By God, Black Sabbath is BACK FROM THE DEAD. And they can call it "Heaven and Hell" or whatever they want - fact is, it's BLACK SABBATH and it's REAL BLACK SABBATH, not the sad sack of shit excuse that Sharon turned it into over the last ten years.

I am REALLY excited!
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...