X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

The Real Story : Iraq Video

One soldier dies in a day and it is breaking news, top story, all anyone can talk about. They can't wait to add that one soldier to their runing monthly, yearly, and beginning of war totals. Yet the media never tells of anything positive that is happening in Iraq.

Do bad things happen in war? Of course.

Can good things come of it? Discuss.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1jy-4ieG8M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1jy-4ieG8M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The words "real story" should never be used to describe any bullshit propaganda coming from a vile excuse for a human being such as Glenn Beck.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I don't like Glenn Beck from the little I've seen of him. I don't watch CNN. I find it interesting though that anything positive happening in Iraq is never reported on. (Maybe after the elections)
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• amadeus
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        The words "real story" should never be used to describe any bullshit propaganda coming from a vile excuse for a human being such as Glenn Beck.
        What do you have against glenn Beck, Ford? And why is it that when a conservative has a story it is propaganda but when it comes from the liberal press it is accepted as fact?
        Both conservatives and liberals know that there is big problems with thbis whole war but the difference is is that the conservatives knmow that there is some good as well whereas the libs don't seem to want to accept the bright side of anything especially if it seems to benefit Bush somehow.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: The Real Story : Iraq Video

Originally posted by sadaist
          One soldier dies in a day and it is breaking news, top story, all anyone can talk about. They can't wait to add that one soldier to their runing monthly, yearly, and beginning of war totals. Yet the media never tells of anything positive that is happening in Iraq.

Do bad things happen in war? Of course.

Can good things come of it? Discuss.

You're WRONG!! In fact, the opposite is true. The American public has become increasingly detached and insulated from this War. And American deaths are treated with increasing numbness and less notice.

There is very little shock at the deaths of American troops anymore...

In fact, I just heard seven died today, and thought, "I've heard worse" in terms of numbers.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I was in that insanity for 6 months, nothing better than showering in filtered shit water from the euphrates and getting rocket attacks 1-2 times a month. (sarcasm)

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
              I was in that insanity for 6 months, nothing better than showering in filtered shit water from the euphrates and getting rocket attacks 1-2 times a month. (sarcasm)
              So in 6 months did you do anything that had a positive outcome?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

So in 6 months did you do anything that had a positive outcome?
                Why don't you sign up, so you can do something with a "positive outcome?"

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Question:

Would sadaist's world be happier if more "good news" came out of Iraq?

Discuss.

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd believe "good news from Iraq" if I heard it from Sarge, or Biteyoass, or someone else who had been there and who I know for a fact isn't a Bush-sucking shill like these astro-turfing "soldiers" who are always spamming the small town red state newspapers with feel good propaganda stories.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The only thing I hear, from mainstream reporters, is that the news is far worse than is generally reported in Iraq.

BTW, I'd like to know what constitutes "good news." I'd like an actual definition...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

I actually started a thread asking that SAME THING

What would the Brie crowd in here cuntsider "good news"

Crickets Chirped.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          Question:

Would sadaist's world be happier if more "good news" came out of Iraq?

Discuss.

I believe that the media should present the entire picture of what is happening there, rather than solely reporting a running total of how many soldiers are killed daily/weekly/monthly. Unfortunately, children going to schools, new businesses and women in government aren't really attention grabbers for the lead-in to the 11 o'clock news.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Jeez...

Unfuckingbelievable.

I don't know what is more fucked up, that video being made or you believing it...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Unfortunately, children going to schools, new businesses and women in government aren't really attention grabbers for the lead-in to the 11 o'clock news.

Yeah, it tends to get bumped off by BILLIONS being STOLEN by American Contractors, Halliburton serving rotten food, soldiers having to go through garbage for armor, torture, murder, ammo dumps unsecured, weapons missing, and a new Iraqi "government" which has NO INCENTIVE WHATSOEVER to go for themselves.........

Must be a Liberal Media Bias, right?

I am so fucking SICK AND TIRED of you whiney ass SAPS who think the whole problem with Iraq IS FUCKING P.R. BASED.........

fuck off and die.

please.

Comment

Working...