• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimmy Jingles
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Even Fucking Genesis is Reuniting!

Genesis Reunites For First Tour in 15 Years

23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Don't knock it. I'm looking forward to it, Genesis was (is) a fucking awesome band. First REAL smart thing Phil Collins has done in a LONG time now, IMO.

Too bad that Peter Gabriel's apparently not involved with it...but it still should be very cool, Genesis had a lot of great songs over the years.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

Yes but didn't Peter Gabriel decline?

Stating that he's coming out with his own new album in '07.
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Don't knock it. I'm looking forward to it, Genesis was (is) a fucking awesome band. First REAL smart thing Phil Collins has done in a LONG time now, IMO.

Too bad that Peter Gabriel's apparently not involved with it...but it still should be very cool, Genesis had a lot of great songs over the years.

I didn't mean for it to sound as if I'm knocking it...I like Genesis just fine.

I'm just frustrated that all these cool bands are getting back together while we sit here and wait on VH to do absolutely nothing.
        23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles

I'm just frustrated that all these cool bands are getting back together while we sit here and wait on VH to do absolutely nothing.
          True. Van Halens window of resurection is closing with each passing year. I'm getting to the point of not caring if they reunite. I've seen CVH 5 times. just gimme the fuckin videos .......
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Jurak
            Foot Soldier
            • Mar 2005

Alas, it won't be a true Genesis reunion without Peter Gabriel..........

Bwahahahahahaha........
            "Hear that O.F.? If old school Army gals with solid track records of contribution choose to bless us with their tits, ass, vagina, or just sexy eye shots, leave them be (at least until I've had a chance to rub one out)..."
            That is all.
            Icon.

"we've always known that van hagar fans are the stupidest people on the planet but my god! "

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Uh... Does anybody know if CVH will reunite BEFORE Otis Redding and his band?

:confused:
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
                I didn't mean for it to sound as if I'm knocking it...I like Genesis just fine.

Ahh! That makes sense, then!

Agreed...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Genesis will do well at the box office. Gabriel's participation won't really matter in that aspect, least not in America.

That's not to say that I'm gonna bother to go see it, but it'll do well.

Totally agree it sucks that seemingly every other band is able to reunite BUT CVH!!!

Is getting together and running through the oldies for some nice bank THAT FUCKING HARD? It's not like Ed even has to swallow his pride to do it anymore, because the dude hasn't done anything in the last decade to even be proud of. A nostalgia trip with Roth would be a step up for the sisters at this point.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Actually, right now I'm a bit more interested in Genesis than in Van Halen...at least that's actually happening for sure...
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                      Yes but didn't Peter Gabriel decline?

Stating that he's coming out with his own new album in '07.
                      He was working with Monkeys for awhile
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

No Peter Gabriel ??

No Genesis..

You wanna all go see Phil Collins trying to be
                        Peter Gabriel ??

Fook this !!

Thumbs down...
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Only way I'd be going is if they beat Collins to death as the encore, for a being a poisonous little dwarf.
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

I wonder if he feels it cumming in the air tonight ??
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Nov 2004

This was in the works for a while now. On the radio I heard that Peter Gabriel was interested but now he's withdrawn from it. Genesis had some great music and each 3 member has gone on to do other things
                              to establish themselves successfully. I am a bit worried about Phil Collins on the other hand.

He gives the perfect example to the term 'hard worker'. His voice needs to be redone and he has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which many drummers develope over the years. But both can be fixed with surgery and some time to heal.

The last lead singer for Genesis didn't last long at all.....

Comment

Working...