Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From CNN this morning

From CNN this morning:

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Eddie Van Halen has brought his 15-year-old son, Wolfgang, into Van Halen as the veteran rock band's new bass player, a spokesperson told Billboard.com.

Father and son, along with Eddie's drummer brother Alex, have been rehearsing for a 2007 tour, but it is unknown who will serve as the band's vocalist. (Wolfgang's substitution for original bass player Michael Anthony was first reported by news Web site TMZ.com a week ago.)

Rumors continue to swirl that original singer David Lee Roth, who was replaced by Sammy Hagar in the mid-1980s, will return to the fold, despite years of enmity. Roth, who has recently worked as a radio DJ and a paramedic, told Billboard.com in May that he saw it "absolutely as an inevitability."

No details have been provided about the departure of Anthony, a fan favorite who generally kept out of the internecine warfare in the band.

As for the musical acumen of Wolfgang, Eddie Van Halen enthused to Howard Stern in September, "If I excel at the speed of sound, he excels at the speed of light. This kid is just a natural."

Van Halen is one of nine acts on the ballot for the 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Link

Hmmmm seems confirmation is here. I wanted to not believe it, but am forced to now.
    This space for rent.

Comment

I'm thinking Dave won't be a part of this.
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
        I'm thinking Dave won't be a part of this.
        I wish he would comment already!!
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

As much as I want to see Dave in VH, I would rather he didn't do this.

Comment

I would hope that if this is the scenario, he opts out.
            I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

Anyone consider that this is Eddie's way of saying

HEY, I STILL RUN THIS FUCKING SHOW.

He knows deep down that his only recourse was to ask/beg Dave back.....

But this way it's with the lineup spED wants, and the focus remains on a Van Halen.

This isn't about DLR, it's about my fucking hip......er........kid
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Speed of Sound, Speed of light, eh?

Should be a good show..

Comment

I trust Dave on whatever road he takes.

But he has made some wrong decisions in his career before.

Whether or not he thinks its wrong is another issue.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

God for-fucking-bid they actually updated their website with some news...(van halen that is, not CNN)
                    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

This was just on the E channel as well with the source being noted as Billboard Magazine

Comment

Well those three are doing something - the question is: what?

Is it a new version of VH?

The vocailists position is the key.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Since all this shit reunion thing is gay, call Cherone back !!
                          lmfao

Gary rules on his own, doesn't need VH to be a good singer.

Comment

Yeesh.

Was more than half hoping the Wolfie rumors weren't true...

About the only thing that's gonna interest me is if they come up with some new material. If it's an oldies tour with Wolfie, well, what's the point?

Pass.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Who knows what the fuck will happen next with this band? My guess is VH will get the Spin Doctors Lead singer for the tour...lol
                              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                              X