Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Come on guys, does everyone here think that Eddie would put his son onstage in a huge tour if the guy couldn't play. The kid probably can play better than his old man, lord knows he has the genes for it. I'm like everyone else, i want to see the origional band tour again, but i'm afraid that the only time that will happen is at the RRHOF show, if they actually get picked.

MA screwed himself kissing Sammy's ass, choosing to dis the brothers the way he did. Everyone knows that the magic and the chemistry was always between Ed and dave. Don't get me wrong, on alot of tunes MA backgrounds added some depth to Daves voice but if Ed's kid can hit the high notes, i really don't see a problem.

Let's remember as well, The boys were burning up the sunset strip, not much older than Wolfie is now.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

CNN or no, I'm trying not to take anything for confirmed until it shows up on the official website, period.

Anybody else notice that CNN didn't name the spokesperson? Janie at it again?
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• golden boy
        Head Fluffer
        • Nov 2004

dave you suck if you do this.
        mark miles

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This is going to be SO AWESOME!!!

I can't ####### hardly wait! Thank God Ed replaced that overweight no-talent Anthony with his prodigy, this wonderful genius that is Ed's son, Wolfie!!

OMG, where can I get tickets!!!!!????????

Comment

• thebatsignal
            Full On Cocktard
            • Nov 2006

This is looking worse by the second...

People bashing Michael Anthony should consider he is extremely fan friendly and truthful. He openly admitted to Guitar World that he felt the three new Hagar songs on the double disk "Best of" were bad... and that he did not even play bass on these tracks. Ed only asked him to lay down backing vocals months afterward at the behest of the production to try and make them sound better. Anthony also went on the record without Ed's blessing saying that they should have completed an album, and not just three inferior tracks to sell a greatest hits album that was already done just a few years before (and caused just as much trouble). Anthony also was the biggest advocate for the CVH material being played live during the Hagar era. Anthony was able to mediate between Hagar and Van Halen as their relationship deteriorated over the years. Ed progressively treated him worse for that very quality. Is Anthony a great bass player akin to Cliff Burton or John Entwhistle? No... but he did the right thing when it counted most, by being honest in spite of what Ed wanted. Anthony deserves better treatment from us for that. I would love to see Dave back up on stage with Van Halen, but not like this. Three Van Halens on stage with him seriously disrupts any bargaining power Dave will need to make this work. Ed was a brilliant guitarist, but he is a drunk rudderless ship adrift and Al and his son will only enable him. If Anthony remains in the band with Roth, there is a better chance this could work, not to mention the band needs Anthony's backing vocals.

FYI: If Ed's kid is the new bass player for a Roth reunion tour, do not be surprised if Ed gives Wolfie an extended solo and also plays guitar with him during Ed's solo... because guitar is the kid's primary instrument and would hep promote is future career. This would drive me fucking nuts. Ed playing Cathedral, and then stoping to let his son play the second half of it. This has the potential to go wrong in so many ways.

Comment

• golden boy
              Head Fluffer
              • Nov 2004

dave you better hold out
              mark miles

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Fuck the Van Hacken Bros.! Dave, please call up Steve, Gregg, Billy and Brett, don't bother with those damn losers.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thebatsignal
                  People bashing Michael Anthony should consider he is extremely fan friendly and truthful. He openly admitted to Guitar World that he felt the three new Hagar songs on the double disk "Best of" were bad... and that he did not even play bass on these tracks. Ed only asked him to lay down backing vocals months afterward at the behest of the production to try and make them sound better. Anthony also went on the record without Ed's blessing saying that they should have completed an album, and not just three inferior tracks to sell a greatest hits album that was already done just a few years before (and caused just as much trouble). Anthony also was the biggest advocate for the CVH material being played live during the Hagar era. Anthony was able to mediate between Hagar and Van Halen as their relationship deteriorated over the years. Ed progressively treated him worse for that very quality. Is Anthony a great bass player akin to Cliff Burton or John Entwhistle? No... but he did the right thing when it counted most, by being honest in spite of what Ed wanted. Anthony deserves better treatment from us for that. I would love to see Dave back up on stage with Van Halen, but not like this. Three Van Halens on stage with him seriously disrupts any bargaining power Dave will need to make this work. Ed was a brilliant guitarist, but he is a drunk rudderless ship adrift and Al and his son will only enable him. If Anthony remains in the band with Roth, there is a better chance this could work, not to mention the band needs Anthony's backing vocals.

FYI: If Ed's kid is the new bass player for a Roth reunion tour, do not be surprised if Ed gives Wolfie an extended solo and also plays guitar with him during Ed's solo... because guitar is the kid's primary instrument and would hep promote is future career. This would drive me fucking nuts. Ed playing Cathedral, and then stoping to let his son play the second half of it. This has the potential to go wrong in so many ways.

Good post. I don't want to see Wolfgang on stage except maybe the teen choice awards. But he's much more controllable than Michael Anthony. Which is what Edward wants. Plus Edward would get to keep Wolfie's share of the pot.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

yeah no one wants to see fatass wolfgang on the stage. MA is so much better and i dont know what people have against him. everything he does is for the fans. he toured with sam because he knew the fans would get a kick out of it. he plays with the atomic punks because he knows the fans will get a kick out of it. if MA is not in the reunion its bs

Comment

• PenguinsKID1986
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2004

Dave needs the BP to sing back up, can wolfie do it?, that's not taking away from Dave at all. Would wolfie keep Ed sober? that would be a good thing. How much partying can you do with a 15 year old boy in the band (back stage)?. Would this put wolfie in the rock n roll hall of fame, he would be a band member. What about school, the pressure of a world tour? Nope it's got to be MA

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

just pathetic no interest in Reunion now!

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Wolfie has zero idea the importance of this reunion or the music. He wasn't even born until the later half of the Sammy era, and according to Ed, hadn't even heard the old music until he was over 10 years old. He doesn't belong there. If he does a side-project with his dad & uncle, fine.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Nov 2004

ACCORDING TO EDDIE ,WOLFIE IS ALREADY GETTIN LAID ..... WOW ... ON TOUR BY HOT 25 YEAR OLD BABES .... A DREAM COME TRUE ,FOR THIS KID ..... IM WILLING TO GIVE THE KID A CHANCE .

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

He wasn't even born until the later half of the Sammy era, and according to Ed, hadn't even heard the old music until he was over 10 years old.

WTF could this possibly have to do with anything? :confused:

Of all the reasons why this a clusterfucking trainwreck waiting to flush.......his fucking coming of age in the latter half of the Sammy era is one step below "would Wolfie wear spandex Garanimals"

Jesus, way to miss the big picture.

HE'S A 15 YEAR OLD GUITAR PLAYER WITH A PEDIGREE

Not any part of CVH
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Jack68
                                Commando
                                • Sep 2004

I hope not put the original pieces back together one last time.Great parenting Ed..be an absoloute drunk disaster in front of a stadium full of people in front of your kid.i doubt Dave would do it.Original lineup or nothing.Ed is just pulling a power play.Fuck him anyway its all about Dave.
                                "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

Working...