X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Demon
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2004

Who CARES?????????????

If Mikey isn't a part of the reunion, will ANY of you really care????????
    I've been a fan of VH since 82 (yes that's right, 1982- I'm OLD) and if I get to see VH BUT Michael Anthony isn't there- I'M STILL GOING!!!!!
    He's the BASS player- this is Van Halen, NOT RUSH- who cares about the BASS player???????
    David and Edward- what we've been waiting for since '85....
    LET'S F***IN GO!!!!
  • katie
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

You obv haven't seen any CVH film footage

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Re: Who CARES?????????????

Originally posted by Demon
      I've been a fan of VH since 82 (yes that's right, 1982- I'm OLD) and if I get to see VH BUT Michael Anthony isn't there- I'M STILL GOING!!!!!
      He's the BASS player- this is Van Halen, NOT RUSH- who cares about the BASS player???????
      LET'S F***IN GO!!!!
      Obviously a lot of people care; I mean, considering Mike's being there or not is a pretty hotly debated issue in regards to supporting this possible Van Halen endeavor.

The battle is raging, both here at the Army and in other places....

Not paying a lot of attention, are you?
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Furthermore, I'm getting pretty fucking fed up of these assfucks who think that the bass isn't an important, integral part of any rock band.

Go listen to Metallica's "And Justice for All" and see how much damage lack of bass can do to your sound and then tell me how unimportant bass is.

Keyboards in thrash metal? That's unessential.

Bass in rock? You'd better get it.

To those people who think otherwise - you're fucking idiots. Go stick your head in the oven and turn it up.
        Last edited by bueno bob; 12-17-2006, 10:13 AM.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Re: Who CARES?????????????

Originally posted by Demon
          LET'S F***IN GO!!!!
          By the way, happy birthday.
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• PHOENIX
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

I really doent care if Mikes not there. I share the same view as the fans who dont hang out on these and other forums. Its all about Dave and Eddie up on stage together.

Nobody cares that Bill Wyman is not playing bass with the Rolling Stones anymore. It shouldnt be an issue here.

Everybody says that Mikes background are essential to the Van Halen sound. Pleeze!

We've all been loyal Roth fans and went to his solo shows all these years. Those Mikey background vocals have been absent from Roths performance for years. I dont see why the reunion tour without Mike wouldnt be as good as any solo Roth show.
            Last edited by PHOENIX; 12-17-2006, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
              Furthermore, I'm getting pretty fucking fed up of these assfucks who think that the bass isn't an important, integral part of any rock band.

Go listen to Metallica's "And Justice for All" and see how much damage lack of bass can do to your sound and then tell me how unimportant bass is.

Keyboards in thrash metal? That's unessential.

Bass in rock? You'd better get it.

To those people who think otherwise - you're fucking idiots. Go stick your head in the oven and turn it up.

I've just received a photo of Bueno Bob after someone mentioned the White Stripes....here it is...

Comment

• katie
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX

Nobody cares that Bill Wyman is not playing bass with the Rolling Stones anymore. It shouldnt be an issue here.
                Bill Wyman never had any stage presence whatsoever.
                A fucking hatstand could have done his job.

Originally posted by PHOENIX
                I dont see why the reunion tour without Mike wouldnt be as good as any solo Roth show.
                Have you actually watched any CVH film footage?

I can't believe that you are a moderator on this forum with your point of view, sounds like you are on the way to the sheep pen buddy!

Katie

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

I'll go only if 100% of VH is there.

I'm a diehard fan, not a sucker. I stopped paying for cheap reunions when I got tired of KISS.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                    I've just received a photo of Bueno Bob after someone mentioned the White Stripes....here it is...
                    Who?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MERRYKISSMASS2U
                      I stopped paying for cheap reunions when I got tired of KISS.
                      ...which makes me wonder what sort of lineup change Ed will try next...

I think that's exactly the reason so many of us are pissy about this...Van Halen's essentially turning into Kiss...with Ed and Al turning into Gene and Paul...

Lot of parallels can be drawn as of late.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMXabUuXnQI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SMXabUuXnQI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I DON'T care if bassplayer is there or not...I'd prefer it if he wasn't to be perfectly honest. After butchering this and many other CVH songs without DLR, he can sit in a time out corner and live as large as Spammy.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbAdLIKllW0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EbAdLIKllW0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is how David Lee Roth respects the music he crafted. Spammy and bassplayer shit where they eat.

I'd rather Dave take Hansen on the road with Van Halen than Wolfie, but lets face it...no teenager is going to tour with Van Halen on any regular basis.

Dave has given us the closest to the original CVH sound than any incarnation of Van Hagar or Gay Halen EVER did.

Those that say they're staying home...GOOD! More tickets for me and my friends! I'm supporting Dave in this all the way, IF he is a part of this at all.

NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED!
                        Last edited by DrMaddVibe; 12-17-2006, 02:04 PM.
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

If Ed and Dave want to make new music together, I'll be interested in the result, regardless of who plays bass and drums.

If Ed, Dave and Al are gonna go out on the road flogging the oldies billed as Van Halen, Mike should be up there with them. Anything less than all four going out under that name is maybe slightly less disingenuous because of Roth's participation, but really doesn't amount to much more than Van Hagar or Van Halen 3 for me. It's pretty much the same, really: a close-to-authentic Van Halen tribute band made more legitimate by varying degrees of real band member participation.

Mike was a part of CVH. He was a part of the lineup and part of the sound. Not part of the Roth/EVH nucleus, to be sure, but still a part. And all his hot-sauce shilling and Hagar cocksucking will never erase that fact, just as EVH going on autopilot post-1985 took away from what he did from 1978 to 1984 when he was hungry.

If they hit the road with Wolfie, I hope those that go see them have a good time. I'm just not interested in pieces of CVH.

All or nothing. That's what many of us said regarding a Rothless Van Halen. The same should be extended to Anthony.

Plus, who the fuck would they possibly get besides MA who would be capable of even THINKING about playing the RWTD intro, much less doing it?
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vanhalendlrband
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2004

It sucks without Mike, but Mike made the choice when he decided to go tour with Spammy against the wishes of the band. I believe it really sucks, I hope the band can still have those signature background vocals; which at this point I doubt.
                            I would really love to see Dave with Eddie, as i've never gotten to see them with Dave. Dave and VH with wolfgang on bass, as much as it suck there is no mike, I think will bring a comeback for Van Halen that will make Aerosmith wish they hadn't soldout boys.

Dave, c'mon man, get up there and sing for us man. This is what we've all been waiting for since '86, except the untimely departure of Mike, but honestly, that will only affect the' band so much. If i had to choose between Mike and Dave, i choose Dave.

Plus, like someone mentioned above, butchering all those Dave era songs for Spammy's pleasure, did not help his cause either. The seemingly innocent Micheal Anthony choose a side we'd thought he'd never choose, but he did.

I want a fucking album btw, way way way more then a tour. And not just any album, i want it to be the best Van Halen album ever, for real.
                            Last edited by vanhalendlrband; 12-17-2006, 05:00 PM.
                            When you think of Van Halen you think of David Lee Roth.

Comment

• PHOENIX
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie

Have you actually watched any CVH film footage?

I can't believe that you are a moderator on this forum with your point of view, sounds like you are on the way to the sheep pen buddy!

Katie
                              Look its not fucking 1982 anymore. This reunion tour will pretty much sound like Roths recent tours. But instead he will have Eddie up on stage with him.

I really dont care about Micheal Anthony at all. Just him being buddies with Sammy says it all.

Also i'm a moderator here because i'm a David Lee Roth fan!

This is the David Lee Roth Army!

Its not the Micheal Fucking Anthony Army!
                              Last edited by PHOENIX; 12-17-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...