X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Dave fans are going to be compromising

What's a SHEEP? We've been using this word in VH-land for years.

Well, I see a VH fan sheep as someone that will accept whatever shit is thrown their way by the band and then defend the fuck out of it with other fans as if they are spokespeople of the very band that has screwed them in the ass so many times before.

I've seen it for years with this band...pinheads on the VHML telling me that Gary Cherone being picked over Dave is the best decision for the long-term future of the band...even going so far as to tell me that this is what they were hoping for all along...even when the rest of us could quote this same fan's e-mails raving on about how great it was that Dave is coming back.

Now there are some fans saying, "Fuck it...I'll see Dave."

That's cool. I probably will too.

But to sit and talk about how this is great, the best-case situation, Mike deserved it?

Not one fucking person here hasn't raved on about how the ultimate would be to see the original thing.

And this AIN'T the original thing.

It's Dave, an extra-drunk version of the guitarist, the drummer with a neck-brace and enough hate to start a genocide...and a kid that really doesn't deserve to be up there, no matter what his last name.

This is all agenda-pushing.

Again, will I see it? I may give in.

Hell, I may do that and then call RIKK the Sheep of the Week.

Cuz the truth is, I'm giving in.

But whether I end up seeing it or not, I think it stinks.

As I said in another thread, this ain't about a bunch of fans praying for the return of the mullet head that has betrayed the name of VH plenty of times himself, now by touring with the cheesehead. This is about a bunch of fans sick of being dictated by the guitarist what the ultimate version of Van Halen is...and most fans refuse to accept such dictation when they know the band selling out MSG in 1984 was simply the best this band could be.

Just remember when you're out justifying with other rock fans or in threads how this is all the best situation for Dave and VH...

If the band gets back together with Wolfgang on bass, the band will only be able to tour during the summer for the rest of its existence (or at least for the next few years...if this were more than a quick one-off)...because Wolfgang has school.

Is that rock 'n' roll? No, it's sad. Very, very sad.

Ed knows there's only one way to tour with Dave and keep the spotlight: bring his son along and make the evening as much a father and son story as anything else.

And I would hate to be putting money toward that...

...I wish I could choose which band member gets my dollars.

:ssmile:
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • Loons The Great

Good to hear ya preachin' to the midnight drunken choir, Rikk!! Nothin' but the best and later for the rest!!

Wellahhh well well...

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

totally agree.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2006

Rikk,

I think many of us feel the same. I am torn on whether to go out and support Dave and see him on stage with Ed, since I missed my golden opportunity back in 1983 or boycott. Problem is: This may very well be the end of such an opportunity, no matter how we choose to observe it. EVH keeps abusing his body and we never know what tomorrow brings.

I hate the idea that Ed is manipulating US, DAVE, MA & this Tour. It pisses me off that the only way this Show is a Go is if it's done Ed's way, but, you realize, Ed feels he can because he is "EDDIE VAN HALEN", ROCK GOD. He feels the title is still intact and so does his brother! His brother is his biggest fan! So, you have EGO v. EGO (Dave, Mike, Irving Azoff, etc.) and then you have US.....the FANS (or Suckers as some might see the situation) who ED depends on to grab our CASH at the end of the day.

What do we do? Live in the moment and go with it.

My plan is to witness this event at the first concert and depending on how much EVH gives me for my $$$ (depending on tix price), I'll decide whether to see an additional performance. If tix are outrageous, I may end up boycotting afterall.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

I agree, Bunnie. That's why I'll probably see it myself.

Hell, I'm gonna see it for one reason: support Dave. That's all I'm interested in concerning this band anymore. This is a Dave tour. This is a Dave site.

But I don't like hearing people spouting off about this being the best scenario or that it won't make a difference who's playing bass. Of course it all makes a difference.

And Eddie Van Halen, even with a guitar in his hand, is a crummy human being.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Just the belief that because Mike has been hanging with Hagar for the last few years - and that this is somehow disloyal to Van Halen - the belief that this somehow negates his right to be included in this reunion is bullshit.

Frankly, the Van Halens don't deserve either Roth OR Anthony to be in the band, and out of the four CVH members, the Van Halens are the two who are least deserving of dollar one from any of us as they gave us the finger ten years ago and went with Cherone.

The whole 2007 deal IS one big compromise. There's no new music, there's not a full-on reunion, and both of these things aren't happening not because they CAN'T, but because Ed is drunk, lazy and stubborn.

About the only excuse I can give for Dave is that he has wanted this to happen more so than any of us, and he's probably taking what he can get along with the rest of us. The Van Halens clearly don't want to reform with Roth, and only make attempts to do so because they know interest in anything they do without Dave is virtually nil these days; Van Halen 3 and Van Hagar 2004 taught them that much.

Anyway, I've finally stopped ping-ponging about this thing, and have decided that I'm gonna try to see it as well if the ticket prices are under $150 bucks...if I'm actually able to GET tickets, that is...but if I can't, I'm not gonna be bummed about it. Have already seen the real deal.

On that note, I'm gonna quit bitching about it as of right now...at least until I get pissed off about it again.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2006

I'll admit my guilt: I was one who said "Who Cares whether BassPlayer is in or not" - BUT it changed VERY Recently.

Whoever posted from YouTube the clip of CVH from San Paulo, Brazil and the ZZ Top Cover Tune: Beer Drinkers & Hellraisers!

Watching that video and listening to DAVE & MIKE on that song was soooooooo KICK ASS to me, I finally realized that MA has a voice and totally works insync with Dave and it was magic.

This 3 Men and a Baby is pathetic.

It's all about DAVE for this Tour and once it's over, I'm hoping Dave resumes with his current band. When I was at NAMM two weeks ago, I ran into Todd Jensen at the Dean Markley Party and he told me those guys aren't going anywhere and he said it with a smile.....so, hopefully we can expect more from DLR Band after the Fiasco is over, which I assume will be when the School Bell Rings!

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

I know and I agree with ya Rikk my bro, but I must go to this tour, and I will as most here will.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                  I know and I agree with ya Rikk my bro, but I must go to this tour, and I will as most here will.
                  My friend, you know I'll probably end up going too.

But just once, I wish I could imagine the thought of seeing Eddie Van Halen live and not thinking he's a fucking asshole or that he fucked it up again.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

I wouldn't condone spED's maniacal, egostistical, control freak bullshit moves in the past.....

I'm certainly NOT going to do it NOW because he managed to suck Dave into his bullshit....

Fuck you ed.

You don't give a SHIT about the band's fans, the Cvh legacy, or your own son's well being.

ALL YOU EVER GIVE A SHIT ABOUT IS YOUR OWN GOD DAMN GREED-HEAD SELF.

FUCK YOU DRY WITH A RUSTY CHAINSAW, BITCH.
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• BrownSound1
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

I'm looking at it like I did Page and Plant. Ed and Dave is what I'm calling it. I respect MA enough to know it isn't VH unless he is there. However, we all know which two wrote the songs, and which two are the most famous and popular in the band.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                        I'm looking at it like I did Page and Plant. Ed and Dave is what I'm calling it. I respect MA enough to know it isn't VH unless he is there. However, we all know which two wrote the songs, and which two are the most famous and popular in the band.
                        There.

Exactly.

Call it whateverthefuckeddietellsyoutocallit.....

Just don't call it VAN HALEN.

Not in my presence anyway.

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I remember posting last year, as a joke, that we would all
                          be fucked if Wolfgang could sing...

Not far off the money, and a little prophetic...

I agree with all the above, but wish to add the following.
                          What if (and its a huge *if*) Wolfgang is a better bass
                          player than MA, and Dad has finally got himself back
                          into form ?

You, I and every other motherfuck here have been happily
                          proclaiming the excellence of every live boot of Dave's we
                          have heard and posted, since 19-friggin-99
                          (When I joined the Army)

How many of these boots included Mike Anthony ??

Fuckit, Im not 100% comfortable with the whole concept
                          either, but if Wolfgang plays bass, like a teenaged Ed
                          played guitar.. This could be something fucking awesome..

No father would want to be shown up by his son either !

The Van Halen Band led by Dave Roth !
                          Rolls off the tongue quite well.....
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Think of it his way:

At least Dave fans don't have to compromise enough to see van hagar.

The real funny aspect is if van hagar fans compromise enough to see Van Halenwolf!!

I mean, what the fuck are THEY gonna do? Wear paper bags over their heads? Fuck, that'd be grate!!!

AMPHITHEATERMONT!!

Think about it. Amped-up, liquored-up CVH enthusiasts would just bash the bag-headed fuckers' heads to oatmeal on the lawns!

No peripheral vision...no brains. Just a bunch of dipshits shuffling around with targets on top.

"Babay...ah think you should take the bag off yore head.."

"ah hear you, the nachos won't fit through tha hole"

"nah...therz people beating the...."

*FWA-BAM!!!!*

"aww fuck....hold on...I'll take ya to tha hospital."

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

You know, Wolfie COULD be the shit for all we know. Not sure I care at this moment. Perhaps I'm(along with every other die-hard CVH fan) being selfish in wanting to see the original line-up together ONE MORE TIME in my lifetime. Fuck it---I'm selfish. At least I'm honest.

I feel fortunate to have seen them in their original glory.

...Having said that, I'm probably goin'...I mean, you never know. Wolfie MIGHT be amazing, and the band could be rejuvenated. He could suck, and it might be a gigantic trainwreck. In which case, while it would be a huge bummer on one hand...could be musical comedy on the other!
                              Last edited by jhale667; 01-29-2007, 11:20 PM.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...