Clear All
  • jgdrag
    Sniper
    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by vanhalener
    NEGATIVE!

Stay on board!

Ride that wave, right up to the end.

There's a little magic left and you don't want to miss it.
    I'll quote Dave,"the light at the end of the tunnel is the front of an oncoming train!"

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Vanhalener,

I applaud your optimism. But this "tour" isn't about magic. It's about money. And I'm not one to bash money-making. It's perfectly legal and American. lol

But the little magic is probably sitting in 5150 on a DAT or other media after the failed 2000 reunion. When Edward, DLR, Alex, and Michael ran through some old tunes and recorded a few new ones... and the hands fell off the clock type magic. That doesn't happen without all four.

No, my friends, the only magic will be how quickly Edward is able to separate so many faithful from their hard earned dollars.

Carry on!

Icon.
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• lafours
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

agree with you 100%. I might go to a show but I am not totally excited about it... At this stage in the game why should Vh do it half assed when they could go out with a bang?

And I can't stand the Spedward double standard..it was ok when him and Al brought Sammy into the band but now that they are on the outs with him no one else can hang out with Sam? Sounds like some kind of gay love affair gone wrong...

they should do the 40 dates with Mike, go out full blown VH style...the big rock, the big show, total nostalgia..make it an awesome gift to the diehard fans that put them in the RNR hall of fame.. then end the band and start a new one with Wolfie and a new singer....

I am kinda bummed that Dave is on board with this...

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

First of all it's 74-85.........just cuz their first record came out in 78, people always say or write 78-85, which bothers me for some fucking reason(yes, I've got mental issues!). Secondly, I agree with most of the points here, but I will be going to the show...........I go to ANY and EVERY Dave show anywhere remotely close to me, so why not go to Dave/Ed 07'?! Ed's never "coming back".......he's too far gone, and I'm sure a 40 date tour is gonna suck the fucking life outta him, and we wont hear of or see him again till he's on the fucking slab..........

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Bill,

Good point on seeing DLR anywhere and everywhere. I can't fault the logic, especially here at the DLR Army (or did we change the name to Roth Army recently... lol)... as you say, if I can watch DLR and Vai or DLR and Kilgore playing the classics, why not see 3/4th?

My main answer to that is we've seen DLR (at least I have in VH, with EEAS, in Vegas, DLR Band, etc) and we've seen him on his own terms.

Nothing about Van Wolfang 07 is on DLR's own terms. We may get a watered down DLR for contractual reasons, although he's never one to mail in a performance. We may get the VH Family + DLR and who knows what kind of freak show that could become.

I'm going out on a limb here, but go over to VH Links and ask the sheep what they thought of the Van Hagar reunion tour. Ask them if the love of money was enough for Edward to play halfway decent and for Sammy and Mike to not just mail in the performance. By all accounts, that entire tour sucked, and not just because it was Van Hagar or three crappy new tunes. It was because there was animosity and lack of respect up on stage. When it's a money grab, the only winners are the one's doing the grabbin'. lol The suckers in the audience get a watered down facsimile of the original.

All I'm saying is if DLR is on stage with Edward on DLR's terms, Michael is part of the lineup, not a 15 year old kid, bless his soul.

That for me is the sad reality, the clear-cut distinction between this and any other DLR show I've gone to. DLR pulled no punches, promised a bill of goods and delivered. With Edward, I'm not sure you'll get the face value of the ticket in terms of entertainment, nostalgia, good vibes, etc.

Carry on!

Icon.
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I totally agree with that, and obviously things CAN change prior to shelling out for the tickets.......certainly there's some apprehension there, and there should be, these tickets are gonna cost a fortune most likely. I think the aspect that freaks me out the most is a "toned down DLR".......if after the official announcement he's hardly saying anything, or not being himself, I may just say "fuck it".

Comment

• jgdrag
                Sniper
                • Jul 2005

Being a diehard VH fan from 78(would of said 74, but I wasn't a fan then,nor did they release anything to the general public), I find it easier to accept Edward as Edward and say, Fuck it, he is lost and ain't coming back.
                A watered down DLR is not going to sit well with most of us here. I believe, we live for the true meaning of the Van Halen attitude, which is to me, all out backyard, tailgate, don't bring the children, hold onto your wife, fuck the neighbours, take your job and shove it, where's the beer,get out and swim attitude.
                As we (true CVH fans) have gotten older, we have begun to see our heroes in their true light?
                Eddie is an asshole! see Dave, Valerie,spammy,Michael
                Alex see Eddie
                Dave's best years are behind him
                Even bassplayer called it a day

I am starting to think I am holding on to something that can't be brought back to life. The sequel is never as good as the original

I hope I am wrong, but EVH and AVH most recent quotes leave me little room for excitement.
                I can see EVH using Dave just to get into the RRHOF and then dumping Dave again like 1996?

Comment

• chandra
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Mar 2004

the same thing will happen again,i fear.the resentment against dave is still there with the brothers.the best years of van halen were with dave as creative director.n thats not the case now.n i hate 2 see dave compromising in any way 2 these motherfuckers.just stinks.
                  that kind of closure is probably not what he had in mind.

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

My, my, my... Ain't the Dave & Eddie show enough? That's the ticket I'm buying.

I just saw Aerosmith with a stand-in bass player and it was the shit. Tyler and Perry tore it up. Dave and Eddie attempting to outduel each other will overshadow any need for MA's playing or spectacular vocals. You won't have noticed whether he was even there.

Don't worry about Wolfie. Uncle Dave will love introducing another prodigy to the world. ("Lookit my new g'tar playah right here, I say.") And Ed already knows that Dave can aim a spotlight like nobody's business so "Dad" won't care. Wolf adds another spark of the unknown to the adventure.

And Wolfie won't tone down the tone. My son is a month older than Wolf. Already he's censoring stuff he doesn't think I can handle. And my boy don't live in Hollywood.

People, we're looking at a bunch of talented single guys with big chips on their shoulders and a healthy dose of animosity. That's rock 'n' roll genius waiting to explode!!!
                    "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                    "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• jgdrag
                      Sniper
                      • Jul 2005

Or did Eddie bring in Wolfie to take some of the spotlight off of Dave?
                      If Dave even makes it to the show?

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                        Ed and Dave is what I'm calling it.
                        Just the Dave and Eddie show:
                        <center></center>
                        sigpic

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Well, I guess I'm going. My true feelings on the subject are pretty well known, and I think the whole thing is bullshit. I don't understand why David would agree to it, unless he figures this is the only way it'll ever happen...I don't understand how Ed and Al can possibly think it's a good idea...

But I'll be there, and the downside to that is that by doing so, I'm really kinda playing into Ed's hands. And I really hate to say that, but it's the reality of the situation. Ed figures that people will show up if Dave's at the mic, and Mike's absence, while enough to piss people off, will be overshadowed to the point where people'll eat it and say "Well, it's close to cvh, I guess..."

Rikk's basically spot-on in his original post. This does suck shit and it just proves all the more how out of touch with reality Eddie is and how adament he is that the fans of Van Halen will NEVER be happy. And why? It's HIS band, and he wants everybody to acknowledge it.

Half of the time I'm almost hopeful that this whole thing implodes before it ever happens...the other half, God help me, I'm actually anticipating being there...

What a disaster Van Halen is.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jgdrag
                            Sniper
                            • Jul 2005

I was there BB until Alex and Eddie opened their mouths and said one way or another we will tour and whoever is singing will be surrounded by Van Halens. That statement broke the camels back and I don't see Dave being a part of it. I gave Edward the boot in 85 and will gladly do it again! Besides, I've seen their best already,anything else would be a letdown.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Well, if it goes to lead singer #4 and Wolfgang it'll be the rock and roll joke of the century, no doubt of that.

It'll make the Gary Cherone era look completely serious by comparison...

Heheheheh...
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jgdrag
                                Sniper
                                • Jul 2005

The hard pill to swallow will be supporting these guys for all those years and getting a final kick in the nuts is not at all what I imagined.
                                Besides, I ain't wearing a cup!

Comment

Working...