Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Dead Or Alive singer sues plastic surgeon

01/25/2007 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
    Lyndsey Parker

Pete Burns, the flamboyant lead singer '80s band Dead Or Alive, has filed a lawsuit against a London plastic surgeon for allegedly making him look "physically repulsive."

The androgynous frontman, most famous for the hit "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)," claims Dr. Maurizio Viel performed a terrible job on his lip augmentation procedure at the London Center For Aesthetic Surgery. Burns's suit complains of swelling, blistering, discharge, and impaired ability to eat, drink, or talk. He claims the damage was so extreme that at one point it looked like his lips would actually need to be surgically removed.

Burns claims to have undergone more than 100 operations over the past year and a half to reconstruct his allegedly botched face.

Said Burns in a statement: "What happened to me after a series of injections was far worse than any nightmare I could have envisioned. Not only was it agonizingly painful but it was physically repulsive in the extreme. It was impossible to lead any life whatsoever. I was unable to leave my house as I was so distorted with swelling and I might begin to discharge yellow pus that was coming from the holes in my face. At times it leaves me seriously suicidal and depressed and I could have problems for the rest of my life.

"If I can prevent at least one person from undergoing this hell and point them in the right direction to a doctor who can manage their problem, then at least I can help stop someone else suffering.
  • bastardog
    Commando
    • Feb 2004

Re: Dead Or Alive singer sues plastic surgeon

Originally posted by PHOENIX

Lyndsey Parker

Pete Burns, the flamboyant lead singer '80s band Dead Or Alive, has filed a lawsuit against a London plastic surgeon for allegedly making him look "physically repulsive."

The androgynous frontman, most famous for the hit "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)," claims Dr. Maurizio Viel performed a terrible job on his lip augmentation procedure at the London Center For Aesthetic Surgery. Burns's suit complains of swelling, blistering, discharge, and impaired ability to eat, drink, or talk. He claims the damage was so extreme that at one point it looked like his lips would actually need to be surgically removed.

Burns claims to have undergone more than 100 operations over the past year and a half to reconstruct his allegedly botched face.

Said Burns in a statement: "What happened to me after a series of injections was far worse than any nightmare I could have envisioned. Not only was it agonizingly painful but it was physically repulsive in the extreme. It was impossible to lead any life whatsoever. I was unable to leave my house as I was so distorted with swelling and I might begin to discharge yellow pus that was coming from the holes in my face. At times it leaves me seriously suicidal and depressed and I could have problems for the rest of my life.

"If I can prevent at least one person from undergoing this hell and point them in the right direction to a doctor who can manage their problem, then at least I can help stop someone else suffering.
    ...and in the process catch some money to live well for the rest of my life.
    Bastardog

Comment

• PHOENIX
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Dead Or Alive singer sues plastic surgeon

Originally posted by bastardog
      ...and in the process catch some money to live well for the rest of my life.
      If he loses his lips i think they should sew his penis onto his face.

Comment

• SparkieD
        Veteran
        • Sep 2006

If he loses his lips i think they should sew his penis onto his face.
        I'm not so sure he even has a penis.
        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
        Originally posted by rustoffa
        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• fe_lung
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

I can't fathom how ANY operation. no matter how badly it was bothced, could possibly make that guy look any freakier.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Re: Dead Or Alive singer sues plastic surgeon

Lyndsey Parker

Bwahahahahaha

The stubble faced cocksucker...

Hahahaha.Puff the Magic Drag Queen

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

That's what you get for fucking around with mother nature in the first place...not to mention being homosexual.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• PHOENIX
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Those are some really fucking ugly lips.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Pete needs to learn the same lesson that Michael Jackson has. You can only replace so much of your natural face with plastic before the body rejects it. And anything that requires stitches in the lips, I couldn't even imagine the need for that. I guess his boyfriend thought he would give better head with some collagen injections or whatever? :confused:
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                    • Jan 2004

I just remember that mid-80's single "Brand New Lover."
                    Were they anything beyond a one-hit-wonder of that song?
                    sigpic

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That wasn't even their big hit.

This was.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMwdAc1Dzfg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMwdAc1Dzfg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Oct 2004

I'm actually quite a fan of Pete Burns. He's written some good pop songs.
                        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Little Texan
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's his fault since he's the one that made the decision to alter his face in the first place! The doctors may have botched the operation, but if he hadn't had his face worked on to begin with, he wouldn't be having the problems he's having now! Can't lay all the blame on the doctors!

Comment

• PHOENIX
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

They should cast him in a movie as a serial killer. He looks like a nut job with those stitches on his lips.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

How exactly would Pete Burns kill his victims?

By telling them they couldn't accessorize properly or by beating them to death with a Gucci handbag?

Comment

Working...