• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Eddie Van Halen thrilled to be back with David Lee Roth

February 06, 2007

Forget all the tension and bad feelings -- the Van Halen-David Lee Roth reunion is nothing but happiness and sunshine. At least, that's what Eddie Van Halen is saying. After the official announcement was made last week about "Diamond Dave" being back in the group, Eddie told MTV News, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

• jgdrag
    Sniper
    • Jul 2005

You're not questioning Edward's statements? He's never lied to us before, why know?

Lying sack of shit
    Last edited by jgdrag; 02-07-2007, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS

"Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."
      [/i]
      [/B]
      You know what, I hope that is really true.

Not saying I'm convinced, I'm just saying I hope it is the case. After all, if we can feel that magic listening to those tunes, why can't Ed and Dave get it from playing them together?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

this belongs in the "gary is my soulmate, he's in for life and if anything happens, I'll pick up the tuba"-section...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Is Edward beginning to look like Huey Lewis ??

Comment

• fenway5150
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2004

Don't complain. Just appreciate what's going on here. I can be as negative as the next guy but I'm not going there now. Just look at those photos up top and realize they will be standing next to eachother on stage all summer long.....it gives me the chills just thinking about being at that concert when it happens.
            "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
            - DLR, 2004

Comment

• jgdrag
              Sniper
              • Jul 2005

I think it may be true, problem lies outside of playing the originals. Edward is a musician you know.

Comment

• bru87tr
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

I believe him.

it just took age and time to make him realize it.

its not the first time someone said that. MA also said it was magic back a while ago.

how can ed not think it ? its true.
                "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Do you think part of this tour deal is for ED to give the interviews to the press instead of Dave?

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

How could it not be true? They may/will tire of each other in time--40 dates is my guess. But until then, these guys get to reignite one of the greatest American rock bands of all time playing the songs they created as a young men full of piss and vinegar.

Dave is strangely quiet. But after the shot at Ed's hip, maybe that's not such a bad idea. Yeah, I do blame Dave for that one. But when Ed's on, he does seem to borrow from DLR. Maybe Ed's got a little =VH= in him afterall!
                    "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                    "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

come on now, since 2000 ed has not had anything bad to say about dave. and that includes through the botched 2000 reunion, through the 2002 dave/sam tour and through the 2004 reunion with sammy.

i don't believe 100% ANYTHING eddie van halen says. but when he says he's excited about playing with dave again, i think there's a good chance he's telling the truth.

now, will something happen between now and "then" which changes eddie van thinskinned's opinion? yeah, probably. but for now i trust him. mostly.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Ya know, I sometimes have said some things ten years ago that I wouldn't even say now.

What Ed says is indeed enlightening, considering the stuff he's said about Dave over the years.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bru87tr
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by katie
                          Do you think part of this tour deal is for ED to give the interviews to the press instead of Dave?

probably..... I take it as they want to let the tour do the talking. I think they came to an agreement that lets let the music speak how good they are getting along and how good the reunuon will be.

I think Dave has realized that this is gonna be classic dave. not wacky dave. love the guy but if he tones it down just a bit, like the old days. he comes off as a better image and not wacky. daves head is into it and has been a while.

the only thing that keeps dave away from the media frenzy is a deal with the boys to keep it cool.

in a way its smart. once they do take stage and blow the world away, people will be suprised.

but I think the VH.com staement was lame and we need to hear something from dave. pics too. this is not the way to start a reunion and tour.
                          "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

UH huuhHUUH uu hu uhuh HUU uhuhhu.....I don't believe a word of it

Comment

• rocknrolldork
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jun 2004

It should read, "Ed Thrilled To Be Making An Assload Of Money Because Of Playing With David Lee Roth Again."

Comment

Working...