Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Atomic Dyver
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

There are a couple other things Eddie likes besides music.....money and attention.

And what is he gonna say anyway? That he hates Dave and hates sharing the CVH legacy. That he would like it better if everone just took his word for law?

Come on man, lets face it if he really turned over a new leaf and wanted to get back to what made CVH he would've brought back Mike. Now Mike is a Hagar ball lickin patsy at this point, but he too would come runnin to be part of a full blown CVH reuinion.

And its awful suspicious that Dave hasn't been heard from yet.....wonder why?

The only thing Eddie is thrilled about is his latest power trip, the payday he's gettin and the attention he is getting.

Whoa I mighta had a little too much coffee this mornin..

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      February 06, 2007

Forget all the tension and bad feelings -- the Van Halen-David Lee Roth reunion is nothing but happiness and sunshine. At least, that's what Eddie Van Halen is saying. After the official announcement was made last week about "Diamond Dave" being back in the group, Eddie told MTV News, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic." He also told Rolling Stone, "I am having a blast playing songs we wrote with Dave and I can't wait to get on stage and get it on with and for the fans!"

In addition, Eddie told TMZ.com, "It feels like a whole new beginning to be back with Dave and to be playing with my brother and my son. We look forward to going on tour."

Lie or not, it's nice to hear.

I have a feeling that Ed really does mean it, even for revenge's sake against Sam n' Mikey.

I hope Ed n' Wolfie shred on stage next to Dave, and completely smashes Van Hagar's memory and so-called legacy rite out of the water.

I also hope Dave gives some much-needed anti-Hagarisms to finish 'em off.
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

I think WOLFIE inspiration may need to take more credit than is mentioned.

He liked his Dad's style of ROCK-Roth Era and I do believe he convinced his Dad to go back to the roots of VH.

Any 15 yr. old would favor Testosterone driven kick-ass Rock over the ballad wimpy rock crap of Van Hagar.
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• frets5150
          Commando
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rocknrolldork
          It should read, "Ed Thrilled To Be Making An Assload Of Money Because Of Playing With David Lee Roth Again."
          And visa vesa

Comment

• perticelli
            Groupie
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli

He liked his Dad's style of ROCK-Roth Era and I do believe he convinced his Dad to go back to the roots of VH.

Any 15 yr. old would favor Testosterone driven kick-ass Rock over the ballad wimpy rock crap of Van Hagar.
            THis is EXACTLY what it is and it isnt that ridiculous to believe.
            Ed has been held to a certain higher standard all his life and even whn he tried to go outside the formula-VHIII, he wasn't given much leeway..it has to get old and uninspiring to be EXPECTED to only play a certain way..musicians have to grow.
            Now, imagine YOUR son comes in and starts gettin off on it and Ed gets to see it's effect through someone elses eyes..someone he loves more than anything..how could he not feel it and reevaluate?

This is EXACTLY why im very psyched for this..Ed is INSPIRED..and ED is at his best when that is the case..and maybe wolf can keep his ego in check a bit..if Ed starts to get sick of DLR, Wolf can remind him this is what it's all about..his music, Daves energy and attitude..the perfect formula for those who remember...
            Radio without the Rules

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
              Commando
              • Apr 2006

The attention Ed is getting is because of Dave. If he was introducing a 4th lead singer, no one would give a shit. He better damn well realize this.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I don't recall Ed saying he was "thrilled to be back to playing with Sammy" in 2004.

Face it people, this tour will re-ignite VH -- not the full CVH Reunion we've always wanted --- 'cause THAT tour would've been a trainwreck.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Atomic Dyver
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

Daves thoughts

It would be interesting to get Dave's opinion on all this. He always has so much to say, yet now....silence

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2006

I think when everything is finalized, they will all be talking.

Comment

• PenguinsKID1986
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2004

Ed should be honest to the fans not this BULLSHIT LOVE FEST, turth Edward: Dave and I never really got along we were'nt best friends but we made some kick ass music and it's fun to play those songs again with Alex, my son and Dave, do we get along great, not really but we put out kick ass music, so we can live with each other for a summer tour, it was never all bad! that's the turth, pluse a whole shit load of money but you don't want to say that part to the fans.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PenguinsKID1986
                        Ed should be honest to the fans not this BULLSHIT LOVE FEST, turth Edward: Dave and I never really got along we were'nt best friends but we made some kick ass music and it's fun to play those songs again with Alex, my son and Dave, do we get along great, not really but we put out kick ass music, so we can live with each other for a summer tour, it was never all bad! that's the turth, pluse a whole shit load of money but you don't want to say that part to the fans.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Loons The Great

Got basic skills...

Edward's bullshit sounds awesome when he's being positive about Papa Roth...sho' 'nuff nah yez...

Too bad he didn't take a vow of silence from '85-'95 and '97-'06...

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Nov 2004

i think dave is gonna walk on "eggshells " the whole tour .... except on stage he will let loose ....... he knows this is his last shot at the top ..... and everyone knows .be careful what you say around ed ,even more now for dave ...... ITS 3 VAN HALENS VS DIAMOND DAVE ....

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
                              i think dave is gonna walk on "eggshells " the whole tour .... except on stage he will let loose ....... he knows this is his last shot at the top ..... and everyone knows .be careful what you say around ed ,even more now for dave ...... ITS 3 VAN HALENS VS DIAMOND DAVE ....
                              I hope and expect them all to walk on "eggshells" around each other by respecting and nurturing this project. Since Dave is a contract employee on this project and there are many legal issues involved and money at stake, I think EVH will need to control his volatile nature somewhat and the same for Dave. Hopefully, they'll treat this like any business project that they will begin with passion and complete with satisfaction, pride and success.

I think EVH will be more of mature about this tour, since his son will be by his side.

Who ends up on the losing if it Erupts?

ALL......not only Diamond Dave.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2006

Absolutely!!
                                And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

Working...